1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Dogfish Head & Sierra Nevada Collaboration: Rhizing Bines

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by cneville, Sep 13, 2012.

1. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

I guess you really need that fancy glass to enjoy this beer, because it was mediocre and sweet on tap.
  2. RayOhioFelton

RayOhioFelton Savant (490) Ohio May 24, 2011

Remember blowing bubbles as a kid?

[​IMG]

Well he is in town and wants you to call him!
  3. Had this for the first time on friday night, I thought it was good but not great. Not as hoppy as I expected, pretty sweet as previous posters have mentioned. Easy drinking for an IIPA.
  4. Larrygto

Larrygto Aficionado (210) Arizona May 28, 2012

Seeing as DF is not available in Wisconsin and SN is, will this be available here?
  5. Just got some glassware and all was in stock(IPA glass), even rcv'd next day order was processed!
  6. rbp27

rbp27 Initiate (15) Mar 5, 2013

agreed with the sweet over hoppy comments but always love me a Dogfish!
  7. Skunkdrool

Skunkdrool Savant (470) California Jul 31, 2010

Yes, its fantastic.
  8. Not yet unfortunately.
  9. I didn't get a chance to try it last year, but this year I tucked a few away for me. Anyone get a hold of the special IPA glasses for it?
  10. Got one of each. They're pretty cool, have been enjoying some various IPA's with them. I have the feeling that they won't last long in my house though. They seem especially delicate, and my boyfriend has a talent for breaking any beer glass I purchase anyhow.
    TheBeerShop likes this.
  11. BrewReed

BrewReed Aspirant (25) Florida Mar 5, 2013

Picked up a bottle for $11.99 in Tampa this past weekend...Planning to enjoy it this weekend.
    TheBeerShop likes this.
  12. Sweet. I emailed DFH a week ago to see if we could carry them. Haven't heard back yet :(

Nice. We found it to be MUCH better than the prior year. We still have a few tucked away. Not sure how long they'll last though.

13. Well I hope you do get to carry them; I'll know just where to get some replacements when the inevitable happens!
  14. I stopped with Hellhound. I, like you, decided "never again" with DFH bombers.
  15. Kreko7

Kreko7 Savant (305) California Mar 5, 2013

whole foods sacramento has it
    TheBeerShop likes this.
  16. I like that "when" not "if"... heh.. So how do you like em'
    Nice, good to head they have em' back home :D
    Kreko7 likes this.
  17. MIA4IPA

MIA4IPA Aficionado (240) Illinois Aug 23, 2012

I liked it had a nice balanced flavor and plenty hoppy! But I did not like the price of 14.99 that's ridiculousness!
  18. I was a little bummed with the beer, as others on here have mentioned, I was expecting a much hoppier beer. The glasses are cool though. Just recently started trying some different glassware. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy drinking out of the bottle, but it can be a little more enjoyable out of the fancy glasses that corral all those good aromas.
  19. As do all of the Nuggets...
  20. loafinaround

loafinaround Savant (370) New York Jul 16, 2011

Me too! Not that hoppy, especially considering the name. Nice and well balanced though. Wish it was much more hoppy.
  21. YogiBeer

YogiBeer Savant (485) Illinois May 10, 2012

Had it for thirteen bucks... Last thirteen dollar large format of ipa for me ever.
  22. WBD

WBD Zealot (95) South Carolina Feb 3, 2013

Marketing ploy IMHO

A month ago went into my fav place and asked what he had that was special. He pulled out a special bottle of this very swill.
    Only one he said.

High price but...it was to be the bomb. Drank it without a real love for it.

Went to the shop today and a full shelve of it at the same high price.
  23. Did they make two different bottles? I got a bottle that doesnt say sierra on it.
  24. Great name and bottle art
  25. scud

scud Savant (315) Indiana Sep 22, 2010

I paid $10 for a bottle in Daytona last week but was really let down by this brew, as I really like ipas and both breweries. I thought last years style was way better.
  26. I had it on tap and liked it. Perhaps it's different in bottles somehow.