1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Dogfish WWS Rhode Island sighting

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by kevdemers, Jan 1, 2013.

1. kevdemers

kevdemers Savant (275) Rhode Island Feb 24, 2011

I didn't get the full backstory, but apparently Haxton`s stores in Warwick ran into some boxes of 2010 DFH World Wide Stout. At the Bald Hill Rd location there were bottles selling for $7.50 apiece, however at the small West Shore Rd location they were selling 4 packs for $25!

This seems cheap compared to the typical $10-11 per bottle I see in MA. The bottles were fresh out of the box so at least they were not exposed to light over the past few years. I tried one and it seemed much less harsh than a Goose Island BCBS which I also opened this week. So the aging seems to have gone well for the WWS thus far.

My beer budget is low or I would have cleaned them out more but figured I'd give fellow BA`s a heads up! The cashier for one did not know what they had since she said my purchase was quite expensive.
    jglowe77 likes this.
  2. There are definitely some 2010 WWS floating around RI. We just brought a case of the WWS into our shop Grapes & Grains, in Barrington, about a month ago. We also brought in some 2008 Fort. The WWS is $7 a bottle and the Fort is $14. We've been moving through it and we now that these beers cellar so well, so we'll keep buying it. The Fort is drinking very well, and could even go another couple years, and the WWS is just hitting it's prime and could also go a few more years.

Cheers!
    jedwards and kevdemers like this.
  3. surge1311

surge1311 Savant (305) Rhode Island Oct 10, 2012

i was just going to say grapes and grains had some, I was suprised to see both in there and very well priced so had to grab some. I have seen it at a couple of stores, even found some 09 in warwick for $7. I wish we had a liquor store that cellered stuff and put out random items now and then but I dont know if RI would appreciate it to make it worth the stores time and money
  4. jedwards

jedwards Savant (330) California Feb 3, 2009

We have distributors that do that for us... accidentally...
    jglowe77 likes this.
  5. surge1311

surge1311 Savant (305) Rhode Island Oct 10, 2012

good call
  6. Assuming you work for or own a store. Out of curiosity do you ever get shipments with really old ipas?
  7. Yes, at times... We always send them back... Unless it's a beer that is worthy of cellaring we don't stand for it. Even if it is worthy of cellaring it's a decision we think about before putting on the shelf.
    Archemedies and jedwards like this.