1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Double Sunshine Alert

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by youbrewidrink, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Great News, Saturday March 2nd at the Montpelier Farmer's Market Lawson's Finest Liquids will be offering:

Double Sunshine
    Triple Play IPA
    Toast a brand new Black IPA
    Maple Liquor Barrel Aged Fayston Maple Imperial Stout
    Lost Meadow Hard Cider.

There will be some form of Double Sushine tapped immediately following the farmers market.

There will be a number system employed similar to last month, details to follow soon.
    ICCULIS and jedwards like this.
  2. good to hear, thanks for the heads up

do you know if it will be at the warren store earlier that week?
  3. SupremePie

SupremePie Savant (310) Vermont Sep 30, 2012

damn, shame I'll be out of state.
  4. Probably not since I think Sean is planning on bottling it on March 1st.
  5. Onizilla

Onizilla Aficionado (225) New York Apr 25, 2009

And suddenly that road trip I have planned up to VT for the farmers market gets even more expensive. This is starting to cut into my cheese budget! Or is the cheese cutting into my beer budget? I just don't know!
  6. There's also another perfect storm brewing...HF will have Bierre de Norma on shelves the same weekend. So, beer geeks may be flocking as they did for Birth of Tragedy and the double Lawson's stout release in mid December.

Sadly, I'll be missing this one. Could be a long, fun day for everyone! Enjoy DS eveyone.
  7. Whatever you do, don't cut the cheese. Unless you are in the car by yourself.
    Onizilla likes this.
  8. Onizilla

Drats, HF will be a mob scene and cut into my weekend plans. So much for my hops of heading up for the market, HF, and alchemist. Time to reorganize the plans!
  9. HF & Alchemist on Friday, Farmers Market & Three Penny on Saturday, problem solved.
  10. This is a brilliant plan...we met many people at the Farmer's Market in December who had done HF and Alchemist on Friday. They were all heading to Three Penny for Kiwi on cask with Sean...while we headed up to wait for 2 more hours in line at HF. (One of these options is better than the other)

This is why God created sick days.
    brikelly likes this.
  11. Onizilla

My genius man, I will have to make this happen. Time to figure out if I can get that full Friday off and convince the wife who volunteered to drive... as I will be drunk the entire weekend, Happily. Although I DID want to swing by Jack's Abbey on Friday since we're driving right through the area. Hum. Planning!
  12. Hoping its snows bigtime to keep the masses away!
  13. Damn, probably not going to be able to make this. If anyone would be up for a trade, I was planning on posting an ISO:FT offering a Hardywood GBS for a DS.
  14. RichD

RichD Advocate (615) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

Wish I lived in Vermont so I could try the Maple Liquor Barrel Aged Fayston Maple Imperial Stout. I guess I'll have to hope it's available when I hopefully go to Vermont in April.
  15. If I can't get there I would be interested in a trade for DS, damnit my B-day is the Norma release so now need to figure out how to do all of these.
  16. Not likely, it will probably sell out on March 2.
  17. kingkong likes this.
  18. iwantmorehops

iwantmorehops Savant (295) Vermont Sep 25, 2010

Awesome news! I'm excited about that black ipa too, quite the lineup for that market.
  19. RichD

RichD Advocate (615) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

Oh damn... I guess I'll have to figure something out then.
  20. Numbered tickets will be handed out starting at 8:30am (markets opens at 10:00am). The ticket will have a ball park time when that number will be called along with a beer price list and bottle limits.
  21. The cider isn't listed on the blog. Will that be there as well (Was listed in 1st post)? My GF loves it.
  22. There is not very much left, so I would guess that is why he left it off the blog.
  23. Gotcha. Thanks bud.
  24. Does HF special releases normally hang around until the weekend? I was thinking of going on Wednesday, but the weekend is much better if it will still be around.
  25. Yeah they tend to last for at least a couple weeks. But norma has an actual announced date so I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out that Saturday. Maybe they will hold back a certain amount for the following week.
  26. celfan

celfan Savant (465) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

this is a damn good plan
    Jwale73 likes this.
  27. Temps are looking pretty mild for Saturday.
    jedwards likes this.
  28. What would it take to trade for 2 bottles of double sunshine?

I've never had it and am curious. Is it on the same trade level as HF 750ml growlers?
  29. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

My guess is probably. Just as hard to get and even more limited (bottle limits).
  30. Thank you.

If anyone gets 2 double sunshine they'd like to trade please let me know. Will see what wants I can hit in return.
  31. Double Dry-Hopped Double Sunshine Cask at TPT...tapped at 3pm, after the market. And, yes, it is a firkin, not a pin.
    threepenny and Auror like this.
  32. Thanks to the masked stranger for the update.
    unknowncomic likes this.
  33. Any idea on the bottle limit for DS? 4? 6?
  34. celfan

if they set it at 6 it will be dropped to 2 after ten minutes.

letting a couple walk out of there with 12 will result in a sh!t show like the one before the last show.

they make good beer, but they are terrible at eyeing a line and adjusting limits.
  35. I would bet on it being 2 per person.

Kiwi DIPA was 2pp at the January market after they screwed up with a 6pp limit at the December market that had a huge crowd due to a coinciding HF release. There's a chance it could be 4 per since in the past that was the standard limit

It'll be interesting to see what the crowd is like with the ticketing system in place and how many people stick around the market rather than venture into Montp
  36. celfan

they had plenty of Kiwi left too, and it was in the stores for a while. that limit could have been raised at the start of the show because very few people had tickets at the opening. not a big crowd at the last one.
  37. No lines like December.

Tickects will be handed out starting at 8:30 am, the ticket will have a number written on it and a rough estimate of the time that that number will be called. The market opens at 10:00am, once you get your ticket everyone is encouraged to visit other vendors(as soon as the market opens) or head into town to patronize those businesses.

The market has asked that the lines inside be kept short to facilitate access to other vendors, so do not come to the booth until you see your number displayed on the lighted sign(just like a deli). Any ticket lower than the displayed number will be honored at any time, so don't worry about being there for the number to change.

On the ticket there will be a list of the beers available along with the price and bottle limit, that way you can have your order ready when you arrive at the booth. Last month this system seemed to work pretty well.

Once the bottle limits are determined they will be posted. Sales are cash only.

Please take the time to visit other vendors at the market.
    jedwards likes this.
  38. celfan

Great advice. Last show, everyone was blocking the giant pretzel booth to the right of Lawson's. Hopefully, some of the Lawson's customers bought pretzels. Would be a nice gesture.
  39. Onizilla

I'm pretty stoked to visit Lawson's.... But I gotta say some of that cheddar and other vendors lists are sounding just as amazing. I'll be lined up nice and early, Breakfast bottle share anyone? Is 6am too early to line up?