1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Double Sunshine Alert

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by youbrewidrink, Feb 19, 2013.

1. MyIronLung

MyIronLung Member

Did anyone try the mustard made with Heady Topper? It went well with the massive pretzels at the booth next to Lawson's.
  2. MarkF150

MarkF150 Member

The pretzels with Heady mustard at Pro Pig are amazing!
  3. Onizilla

Onizilla Member

The mustard was amazing, I bought one of the last two jars (My fiancé snagged the very last) and I am so looking forward to enjoying it with some of that amazing sausage I got from the meat-shop next to Lawsons.
  4. Kelp

Kelp Member

I ended up with some cheese from one of the vendors and bought the gin from the front booth. That stuff was amazing. So many good products.
  5. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Member

Did anyone else score one of the 1.5L Blueberry Meade for $12, that was the bargain of the market. Same booth as the gin.
    SpillyBeers likes this.
  6. Onizilla

Onizilla Member

I can't believe I didn't notice that Meade, Dang it!
  7. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Member

The Caledonia gin? That stuff is straight up incredible. Met the distiller (or, at least the guy who runs Caledonia) at Hill Farmstead a couple weeks ago. Good dude.
  8. Patrick

Patrick Member

Have you had any of the gin from Berkshire Mountain Distillers? If so how does it compare?
  9. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Member

The Barr Hill gin has a noticeable flora quality to it from the honey. I think it's pretty good. You should be able to find it easily around here.

I was almost about to buy that sparkling blueberry mead but I didnt care for it that much.
  10. Patrick

Patrick Member

I know the gins are different, but is the quality the same? I think the bmd gin is really good. At St. George to that list as well.
  11. MyIronLung

MyIronLung Member

The gin was awesome.
  12. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Member

The quality is fine. Not sure I would recommend it over Berkshire unless you were curious for something different.
  13. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Member

I have not. Will need to try that. That's the place that's making whiskey out of Sam Adams beer, right?
  14. celfan

celfan Member

Mt. Mansfield Creamery? I love their cheese.
    SupremePie and sandman3479 like this.
  15. Patrick

Patrick Member

Haven't heard about that, but sounds interesting.
  16. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Member

17. Patrick

Patrick Member

Gin ticks.
    tehzachatak likes this.
  18. Kelp

Kelp Member

Yea that was them The story on the daughter was a bit amusing too. Amazing how she skied all weekend and broke her arm sledding with her brother after. Felt bad for her though.

My friend and I actually ended up at the distillery. It turns out if you go from HF to Waterbury it's right on the way there. Pretty neat place to stop by.