1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Downtown Phoenix

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by GRBrew, Jan 8, 2013.

1. GRBrew

GRBrew Savant (295) Michigan Jan 12, 2009

I am staying downtown Phoenix this Sunday to Wednesday for work. I will have time to run out for dinner and a beer at night but that is it. Any recommendations? I will not have a car. I am staying at the Holiday Inn Express. Thanks.
  2. Angel's Trumpet Alehouse or if you want to hop on the light rail, Sun Up Brewing
  3. As mentioned above, Angel's Trumpet is your best bet based upon your location. They've been doing a great job of getting quality brews on tap, and they keep a good variety of styles. If you're into stouts (that's my preference), my local recommendations are Elsie's from Papago Brewing and The Inebriator from Sonoran Brewing. I think I recall having both of those at Angel's at some point in time.
  4. Jefeipa

Jefeipa Aficionado (185) Arizona May 6, 2009

Angel's is the best place close to you. You should check you Lost leaf, Main Ingreident, Rose and Crown, maybe Copper Blues. Would you be up for a beer trade?
  5. GRBrew

GRBrew Savant (295) Michigan Jan 12, 2009

Time would be very tight to make a trade happen but if something entices me, maybe. It would have to be something along the lines of DDG or Cable Car or some other big want of mine.
  6. luwak

luwak Savant (305) Arizona Mar 2, 2010

Lost Leaf or Angel's Trumpet for stuff that is nearby

Id be pretty surprised if anybody in AZ had any cable car they'd be willing to give up
    (and if so ...please let me know...)