1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Draft's Top 100 Beer Bars

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Mantooth, Jan 17, 2013.

1. This does not have The Dirty Truth/The Moan and Dove (sister bars) from the Northampton/Amherst area, therefore it is inaccurate and untrue.

Seriously. Plenty of Cantillon to choose from. A wall of vinyl records that they play throughout the day. Giant homemade pretzels with their own homemade IPA mustard. Dogs are welcome.

That being said...I need to find me this bar in Worcester. A respectable draft list for sure!

2. The list is missing Bukowski's as well right? That is certainly a bar that deserves mentioning!

3. pjl44

pjl44 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Oct 3, 2008

Decent joint, but it's not in the same class as Lord Hobo, Publick House, and Deep Ellum.

4. Ho Hum. Another subjective list for craft beer. Anyplace is a top beer bar if you enjoy yourself there and want to go back again.

beertunes likes this.
  5. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

Surprising lack of Colorado bars on there.

6. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,120) Washington Sep 24, 2007

7. I tend to agree with you, but they've nailed some spots that I absolute love here in the South: Trapeeze, Thirsty Monk, Sergio's & Holy Grale are damn good spots. I have a beef with their selection from Charlotte, Growlers Pourhouse... not only does it not belong on the list, it's not even one of the better spots in Charlotte.

8. azorie

azorie Advocate (725) Florida Mar 18, 2006

Sure there are tons of beer bars folks will love, it just depends on what your looking for. I love the Belgian/dutch beer bars, they have small drafts line ups but Huge bottle line ups and the bottle prices are not rip off, like most American bars are.:eek:

No place is going to be great for everyone. I like it quiet, cozy, with a huge list, otherwise I just stay at home. My basic deal was take 100 random unbiased folks and send them to place they never been and have NO bias for. But is not going to happen. Besides lists make for great arguments...no 1 is ever happy with any of them. Unless they made it up themselves....:D