Drake's 25th Anniversary Party and Headzo release on Sept 12th

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by BeerMoto, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerMoto

BeerMoto Initiate (0) Jul 26, 2014 California
    Trader

To celebrate Drake's 25th Anniversary, the brewery is hosting a special party on Saturday, September 12th as well as releasing an 18% Strong Ale aged in Wild Turkey whiskey barrels called Headzo. There's gonna be live music, some food trucks, and a loaded beer list, heavily weighted towards barrel aged offerings.

It seems there is so much coverage on SoCal in this forum (unless it's about Russian River or Rare Barrel), so I thought I'd post to give some NorCal love. Anyone going? What are your expectations of Headzo? Whale?!

Party Details + Beer List: http://drinkdrakes.com/drakes-25th-anniversary-the-party-details/
    Info on buying bottle/VIP tickets online: http://drinkdrakes.com/drakes-25th-anniversary-vip-tickets-on-sale-now/

p.s. - There is NO cover. Also, the VIP tickets don't really make sense to buy, unless you REALLY want that 5oz commemorative glass. Buying the online bottle tickets makes sense, if you are worried about them running out before you get there. Also, on reading this, it seems like I might be a schill or employee of Drakes. I'm not. : P

#1 BeerMoto, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. BeerMoto

Trader

Headzo will be $25 a bottle, and according to this picture of the label, it will be 1 pint 0.9 oz bottles, so around 17 oz's per bottle)...

[​IMG]

3. hophead247

hophead247 Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2008 California

The party is on Friday, not Saturday.

I'll be working at the event and I encourage people to attend. Drakes always knows how to throw a great party.

4. BeerMoto

Trader

You are right, I am unable to edit my original post. Friday Sept 12th. Maybe an admin can fix that for us?

5. colonelforbin

colonelforbin Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2007 California

Yeah, the beer list looks pretty nice. I think I'll head over to the event after work.

6. mattdbh

mattdbh Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2009 California

I'll be heading over after work as well.

7. abecall98

abecall98 Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2007 California
    Trader

The beer fucking rocks guys.

PaulStoneAnchor likes this.
  8. beermebaby89113

beermebaby89113 Initiate (0) May 3, 2007 California

I'll 2nd this. Party was great, they really run a smooth ship at Drakes. As for the Headzo I am amazed how smooth drinking it is with such a high abv. The barrel profile on it is spot on with just enough sweet malt and not cloying at all. The abv is hidden very well, it's definitely one of those dangerously good beers.

9. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2012 California

It's a drakes beer in THE shittiest of shitty bourbon barrels. Doubt "it rocks".

10. abecall98

Trader

Go try it and see for yourself.

PaulStoneAnchor and KevSal like this.
  11. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2012 California

lol at a shitty brewery, putting a shitty beer in a shitty bourbon barrel and trying to rake in the dough on it.
    lol don't need to. A shitty brewery, putting a shitty beer in the budlight of bourbon barrels? Nah I'll pass sucker.

Next great beer Drakes makes will be the first. I'll spend my hard earned money on breweries that give a shit. Thanks.

12. abecall98

Trader

So much hate.

FrogOut69, hophead247 and Sumdeus like this.
  13. sportstsar

sportstsar Zealot (562) Jan 23, 2012 District of Columbia
    Trader

But tell us how you REALLY feel

14. afrokaze

afrokaze Pooh-Bah (1,933) Jun 12, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

CommanderOfThreadShitting is dissing a Drakes beer he hasn't tried? Surprise, surprise...

15. KevSal

KevSal Pooh-Bah (2,916) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I went satruday and opened my only bottle sat night, i thought it was fantastic, there taplist on sat was great too. I actually liekd all their sours i sampled. Keep it up drakes!

16. FrogOut69

FrogOut69 Initiate (0) Sep 24, 2013 California
    Trader

Since when is Drake's a shitty brewery? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.