1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Drink a Canned Beer Today!

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by slim2043, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Derranged

Derranged Member

I recently saw a four pack of Lucifer Tall Boys. I was gonna buy it but I didn't feel like spending $17.99. Although that's probably as cheap as I'll find it considering it was from a Total Wine in Northern NJ.

How much of a difference would there be between a good Belgian ale in a bottle and in a can?
  2. DaKur

DaKur Member

[​IMG]

Took one for the team yesterday.
  3. rocdoc1

rocdoc1 Member

I can break my rules for a significant national hoiday like canned beer Day.
    sergeantstogie and slim2043 like this.
  4. ncaudle

ncaudle Member

drank a Full Nelson in the city where the first can was sold
    slim2043 likes this.
  5. slim2043

slim2043 Member

The Purchase is also a fine gesture! lol
  6. slim2043

slim2043 Member

Good point. Were cans even safe then?
  7. jesskidden

jesskidden Member

"Safe"? Well, you wouldn't have wanted to crush one of those early steel/tin cans against your forehead ;) , but the American Can Co. had developed a liner for their beer cans to prevent off-flavors which went by their trademarked "Keglined" terminology. As seen in the ad below, "Keglined" was often emphasized, and was in as large a typeface as the Krueger brand itself. (It was also prominently printed on those early cans, as well).

[​IMG]

There's a (apocryphal?) story that the American Can Co. salesmen would scrap off the liner and eat it during their sales pitch to dubious brewmasters to show that the lining was safe.
    slim2043 likes this.
  8. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Member

Maybe I should go pick up a single of Gubna so I can finally review liquid onions.