1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Drinkin' from the bottle

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by snohojimbo, Apr 4, 2013.

1. KingBiscuit

KingBiscuit Savant (440) Illinois May 30, 2005

BMC from the bottle; no problem ( part of my roots too). Craft; only if no glass was available. The color, aroma, head, etc., it's all part of the experience.

2. Drinking from the bottle right now and I'm enjoying it.

3. shawnohall

shawnohall Savant (330) Texas Nov 8, 2009

So tell us, snohojimbo, since you're familiar with Sucks, did you find the experience significantly lacking as compared to drinking it in a glass? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

4. kingofhop

kingofhop Savant (430) Oklahoma May 9, 2010

The new "topless" beer cans will go a long ways towards rectifying this situation.

5. tfs8271

tfs8271 Aficionado (225) California Mar 14, 2007

It's like having sex in a car... Not the best option, but you make do.

Just make sure you always pull your keys from the ignition. It could be ruled that you had intent to drive the vehicle from the scene, if an officer shows up.

snohojimbo likes this.
  6. spicoli00

spicoli00 Advocate (710) Indiana Jul 6, 2005

The prolem i see here is that you weren't double fisting the fw with the sucks.

7. wobblepop

wobblepop Aficionado (120) Colorado Nov 16, 2008

Never you mind those cups...
    you just call me next time you're in

snohojimbo likes this.
  8. Just drank half of sucks from the bottle.....Slightly more mild...but still great! I'd do it again.

9. ressling

ressling Savant (270) Georgia Oct 26, 2011

I love drinking Sucks and All Day IPA straight from the bottle. Then again, I have no qualms about drinking any good beer straight from the bottle. While not ideal, you do what you gotta do!

10. olfolxholme

olfolxholme Savant (285) California Feb 13, 2011

Well, I'm completely in favor of using a glass every time. That's my preference. But, what I wanted to say is that I think of the two beers you could have had from the bottle, you probably picked the right one.

Double Jack, IMO, is all about the aroma and is lacking in the taste. Sucks, however, has a great taste (as well as an incredible aroma).

So, if you had to commit that mortal sin, you picked the right demon to dance with. Or maybe you mixed it up with the right metaphor. I don't know.

snohojimbo likes this.
  11. JustBill

JustBill Initiate (0) Vermont Jul 28, 2010

"We don't just say no, we're too busy sayin' yeah.

About drinkin' straight out the eight bottle,

Do I look like a mutha f@*%n' role model?"

-NWA

3-2-1...