1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Driving Cross Country and worried about beers freezing

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Apuzarne, Jan 13, 2013.

1. As a person from California I never had to worry about this before, but since I am relocating to the east coast I am a bit worried about this possibility. I know when I attended the Eclpise release party at 5050 they chose to sell the beer the following day so people would not load the beer in their car and have it freeze and expand, spilling in the car. Is this a frequent problem? If so I will ship more bottles then I originally intended. Any constructive advice would be great.

Thanks

2. If you are driving with the beer you won't have a problem. If you spend the night somewhere take the beers inside. Not that difficult.

El_Zilcho and JamesMN like this.
  3. hell son, not difficult at all. Buy coolers, place beer in coolers, throw a towel or tow on top or between the bottles, make sure the lids can close and no sweat. All good, insulated to the ass. Good to go.

4. JamesMN

JamesMN Savant (370) Minnesota Jul 12, 2012

I recently did a trade in literally 0 degree whether, beers made it to their destination just fine. As others have said, insulate the beer or bring it inside with you overnight.