Driving through Arkansas

Discussion in 'US - South' started by rainerschuhsler, Jan 10, 2013.

1. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (360) Texas May 17, 2012

I'm driving from Houston to Chicago and passing through Arkansas for the trip. I figured you guys would be the experts on where to stop in Arkansas or at least which beers I should look for that aren't available in Texas. Any suggestions?

Edit: I might even stop in Memphis if that makes any difference.

2. Memphis won't make a difference, sadly. Distribution here is very weak and prices are noticeably higher. I haven't shopped in Ark yet, but I imagine it's better. It has to be.

3. CRJMellor

CRJMellor Advocate (650) Arkansas Nov 12, 2003

to be honest, Arknasas a bit of a disappointment for a transplanted Michigander. Shop just over the state line in Missouri at Macadoodles in Pineville, MO. If you swing up I-540 through Fayetteville and up North to I-44 and across to STL might find decent selection at Macadoodles or in Springfield, MO. Never shopped in Little Rock so might be better there but AR seems to be passed over for distribution by alot of good breweries.

4. Compton25

Compton25 Savant (335) Texas Jan 25, 2011

Springhill Liquor in North Little Rock is your best bet IMO. Biggest selection in town, ask for Eric.. he can lead you to some good picks.