1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

DTLA Bottle Share # 2 - Buzz Wine & Beer Shop, Sunday 2/24 @ 2 PM

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by drgonzo2k2, Feb 11, 2013.

1. drgonzo2k2

drgonzo2k2 Savant (470) California Aug 24, 2012

Hey Gang!

Well, with all the fun we had at Little Bear (thanks again, Andrew for hosting!!), I didn't want to sit around for too long, so I've already started organizing a second bottle share session.

This time around, the good folks at Buzz Wine & Beer Shop have been gracious enough to host us. Their beer buyer was at our Little Bear event, and she had a great time, so she was able to convince the owner on our behalves of how awesome and well behaved we all will be :D

The rules are pretty simple:

1) Buzz will provide the glassware for us to use, so don't worry about bringing your own (unless you just want to)

2) Each person should bring 2 - 22 oz bottles, or similar (2 - 750 ml, 3 - 500 ml, 4 - 12 oz, etc), to share.

3) Each person should bring $5-$10 in cash so that we can throw in to order some food from one of the good nearby establishments, as Buzz does not serve food. I would suggest LA Cafe, Rocket Pizza, or Garage Pizza.

4) The tasting starts at 2 PM and goes until we are out of beer.

If you're not familiar with Buzz, here are their website and Facebook page:

http://www.buzzwinebeershop.com

http://www.facebook.com/BUZZwinebeershopLA

They are located in Downtown Los Angeles, right on the corner of 5th & Spring, which is about 1 block from the Pershing Square Metro station, so it's pretty convenient for public transportation.

Buzz will be closing off their bar area for us this Sunday afternoon, so we will have that section to ourselves; however, we still need to be respectful of the group size to ensure we're not taking over their entire establishment and that everyone gets a decent sized pour of everything.

Therefore, right now I'm looking for 12 folks to join me at this tasting. If you are interested, please send me a BeerMail indicating you would like to come and whether you will be bringing a +1 or not.

If you accept the invitation with a +1, then you will need to bring enough bottles to cover that person (so 4 instead of 2), or that person should expect to bring their own bottles to join.

As soon as we've reached our max group size, I'll respond back here so everyone is aware, but then I will also keep a short list of alternates, as last time several folks dropped out on day of the event.

Once our group is locked down, I'll also start a group BeerMail so we can discuss the particulars and get a Google spreadsheet together so we can track who's bringing what!

So, looking forward to seeing you all in two weeks, and if you have any questions, just let me know!

- Cheers

2. drgonzo2k2

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the responses! As of right now, we've still got a few spots available for this one, so if you'd like to attend please shoot me a BeerMail so I can get you locked in. If you have any questions please just let me know!

- Cheers!

3. drgonzo2k2

Hey Gang,

As of right now we are all full for this one. Thanks to everyone for their interest!

4. Count me in for the next one. I wanted to go, but I already have plans for that day. Have fun you guys!

5. Any spots free up?

6. drgonzo2k2

As of right now, no one has dropped out from the original list. I'll let you know even day of if someone does though!

- Cheers!

7. Great thanks! I have plenty of bottles to share!

8. How'd this turn out?

9. drgonzo2k2

It ended up going really well. This one may have been better than the first one. In all, I think maybe 30 or so bottles were shared. Everyone was very cool, friendly, and brought some great things to share. It was also really excellent of Buzz Wine & Beer to host us. From the people I've spoken to since, I think everyone had a good time.

Unfortunately, as those that were at the bottle share know, this is the last one I can organize in DTLA, as I am moving to the Bay Area next weekend. I'm hoping someone else can keep them going, as I definitely had a blast at the first two!