Dublin Questions

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by gtermi, Jan 22, 2013.

1. gtermi

gtermi Champion (770) Texas Apr 21, 2010

I am getting married in May and will be heading to Dublin for our honeymoon. I was wondering if there is any place that sells Cantillon around Dublin. Also I was wondering some good suggestions for bars that have good beer on draft. Thanks for any help!

2. The Porterhouse in Temple Bar is a must for good beer on draft.

Zimbo likes this.
  3. JohnfromDublin

JohnfromDublin Savant (480) Ireland May 11, 2004

Drinkstore often stock some of the Cantillon beers:

http://www.drinkstore.ie/WORLD-&-CRAFT-BEER-BELGIUM/?page=3

Call in person (it's in Stoneybatter, Dublin city) and while you are in the area get some decent beers in L Mulligan, Grocer

http://www.lmulligangrocer.com/

Plenty of decent beer bars around in Dublin these days (thank God!); Against the Grain, Brew Dock, Black Sheep, Porterhouse Central, Porterhouse Temple Bar, Farrington's Temple Bar, Bull & Castle, WJ Kavanagh's.

John

gtermi likes this.
  4. brikelly

brikelly Savant (440) New Hampshire Apr 11, 2010

Never seen Cantillon in the Porterhouses in Dublin, FWIW. Still a great beer place though!

5. I'm heading back to Ireland (Dublin and Galway) in a week or so for a short visit. I was last there in 2011 and it looks like there is much new to explore, beer-wise.

6. JohnfromDublin

In Galway, try The Salthouse, Ravens Terrace.

7. As usual, John leaves the rest of us Dubs with nothing to add! ;)

8. JohnfromDublin

Makes a change, you usually get in there first!

9. It's on my list! Thanks.

10. L. Mulligan Grocer had the Organic Cantillion Gueuze when I was there last week. Porterhouse and W.J. Kavanagh's had Boon Marriage Parfait Gueuze.

11. Eucrid

Eucrid Zealot (75) Ireland Mar 10, 2013

If you pop out to Salthill (little town just outside of Galway) you should check out the Oslo too.