1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Duck-Rabbit Duck-Rabbator

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by tripeldubya, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Picked up a fresh sixer a few weeks back and couldn't drink more than three. It tasted like soy sauce. It gets pretty high reviews on here, has anyone else noticed a heavy soy sauce taste?

2. I had a similar experience. I bought a case on sale at Triangle Wine Co. in NC (well within there best by date) and they tasted TERRIBLE. I poured most of them down the drain. I love Duck Rabbit beers but have been extremely unimpressed lately. I heard something about some of there beers being infected, but not sure if that is true or not.

3. They have a big problem with infections from what I understand. All of the baltic porter i bought last winter and all the schwarz beers i have bought from them have been infected. Stick with their doppelbock. Its the best beer they make IMO

PABSTMASTER likes this.
  4. Really hope the milk stout I bought from them isn't infected. That would really suck.

5. Sad to hear. That Baltic Porter is one of my all time favorite stumble upon beers.