1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Duck-Rabbit Rabid Duck

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by sobeleg, Mar 20, 2012.

1. sobeleg

sobeleg Savant (470) New York Jun 29, 2011

When does Rabid Duck usually start hitting shelves? Obviously the Duck-Rabbit website is not of much help.
  2. I think next week actually.
  3. sobeleg

Nice, thanks! I will have to keep my eye out. I assume it shouldnt be to hard/I wont have to jump through all kinds of loops to get this one?
  4. It'll be all over the place. None of the DR seasonal/annual/regular stuff is hard to get when it comes out, at least in NC.
  5. Beer fans,

Thanks for your interest in Duck-Rabbit Rabid Duck! As it happens, we shipped it to our NC distributor (Tryon) yesterday! Shipments to other distributors will mostly occur next week. It shouldn't be too hard to find, but it is a limited release, so it won't last super long. Get it while you can!

Cheers,

Paul Philippon
    The Duck-Rabbit Brewery
    Farmville NC
    wolfeman007 likes this.
  6. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

Personally, it's my favorite of all D-R limited releases. Get it while you can, indeed!
  7. wow I never realized how behind the times the D-R website really is.
    Lantern likes this.
  8. Anyone see this in CLT yet? I looked at my two favorite spots today and only thing new they had from DR was barleywine...
  9. Really? My reaction was to suggest a painless solution that brings on changes.
  10. You would've won me over had you not invoked hippy ice cream. :)
    BeerRapper likes this.
  11. Brawley told me it should be on the shelves Monday.
  12. Tasty Bev in Raleigh has it as of yesterday.
  13. Yeah, this has to be one of the worst brewery websites out there
    Lantern likes this.
  14. levon15

levon15 Aficionado (190) Illinois Jan 19, 2012

Anyone near myrtle wanna hold a bottle to trade me when I come out late may?
  15. We are getting some this week.
  16. TW in Raleigh has some. I picked up a sixer of it and their last sixer of the Baltic Porter. GOOD STUFF
  17. Lantern

Lantern Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2011

The website has never been help in any situation. Terrible.
  18. I like to think they keep their website shitty so they can keep their beer prices down?!? They still offer a 10% RIS in 6-packs for ~$11, good for them. Last time I ponied up for Ten-Fidy it was more than that for a 4-pack.
  19. It's out, and ready to go!! Go grab some while ya' can!!
  20. Lantern

Most middle school children could design a better site. There's an idea. Free labor. It doesn't take a lot of money to update a website at least once every 15 years...

And true about Ten FIDY, but it's always worth the price to me.
  21. TW in Winston-Salem had a boat load of it last night. Picked up a 6 pack - $12.99
  22. rwitter

rwitter Aficionado (125) Denmark Jan 18, 2006

Maybe if you guys knew Paul and all the other hats he wears at the brewery you would begin to see website design is not his top priority.
    tlh1005 and wolfeman007 like this.
  23. I couldnt give a shit about their website...they pop up on here and with some beer groups on facebook to give us info on new releases and that's really all anyone needs to keep up with their happenings. IMO :)
    marine1975 likes this.
  24. sobeleg

Any sitings in VA yet?
  25. MRN

MRN Aficionado (165) Virginia Jul 20, 2007

This week's Norm's Beer and Wines (Vienna, VA) newsletter llisted Rabid Duck in stock.
  26. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Had one last night, I thought it was a very well done Imp Stout, and the 10% ABV is very well hidden.
    marine1975 likes this.
  27. Lantern

Finally got some at Peabody's. Great beer. Another hit from DR.
    wolfeman007 likes this.
  28. yup, next up is their Black IPA...I mean Black Ale, Hoppy Bunny which should be great also..we are lucky to have all this beery goodness in NC...
    Lantern likes this.
  29. I picked up some about 6 there yesterday. While enjoying some of natty greene's new imperial stout with those cute reps :)

Anyone else think it tastes/smells like yogurt?
    Lantern likes this.
  30. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

No yogurt, more chocolate, retains a great head to the end. I put a few drops of Makers Mark in last night, but it's not the same as barrel aging, better without me adding the MM. Hard to believe the ABV, it's very well hidden, and lots of flavor. If I see a sixer around I'll buy another.