1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Duff owner killed

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by kunstdrache, Feb 2, 2013.

1. kunstdrache

kunstdrache Savant (255) Texas Sep 22, 2006

Just heard on the twitterverse that the owner of Duff Beer Distro (Ash) was killed in what appears to be a home invasion. Sad news and a blow to Texas beer culture.

Check D&Q's twitter for more info

https://twitter.com/TheBeerStation

2. Ford

Ford Advocate (510) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Wow. That is terrible.

3. DonD

DonD Savant (250) Texas Jun 23, 2008

The news said it wasn't a home invasion, but feel he was targeted. Shot him when he answered the door and then took off.

4. Wtf, really? Damnit.

5. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (475) Texas Feb 13, 2007

Terrible news.

6. jumpjet2k

jumpjet2k Aficionado (190) Texas Feb 18, 2009

7. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Thanks for the link jumpjet. Prayers to the family.

8. kunstdrache

kunstdrache Savant (255) Texas Sep 22, 2006

Ouch, that's even worse. And on top of it, his kids were having a sleepover party when it happened? Just wrong,just wrong- you hear about this kind of stuff happening in the seedy parts of town but this? Wow.

9. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (475) Texas Feb 13, 2007

It really can happen anywhere. Crime knows no bounds.

10. Krumb

Krumb Savant (300) Texas Jan 30, 2008

Prayers for the family. Wow. So sad, terrible.

11. Show

Show Aficionado (235) Texas Jul 21, 2011

tragic news. met Ash a few times- nice guy, worked hard for craft beer in TX.
    thoughts to his family!

12. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (440) Texas Jun 28, 2010

Unbelievably terrible news. We really, really enjoyed all the time we spent with Ash. He was a joy to be around. Our condolences to his family.

13. omnigrits

omnigrits Savant (345) Texas Jun 1, 2006

Wow. Spoke with Ash many times, met him once or twice. That shouldn't happen to anyone, especially in those circumstances. Dayum.

14. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Savant (325) Texas Aug 22, 2012

My prayers go out to his Family and friends. I never had the pleasure to speak with him or meet him. Hopefully the criminals will be brought to justice quickly.

15. wortslosh

wortslosh Aficionado (155) Michigan Oct 29, 2004

No one deserves to leave that way.

16. Cablejelly

Cablejelly Savant (265) Texas Sep 6, 2010

Horrible, horrible news, that this could happen to anyone!

17. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Something sounds fishy about this whole thing.

People don't generally shoot people when they open their door. Sounds like a planned hit to me or a robbery gone wrong. Shitty.

Thoughts to the family. Hopefully an investigation will bring the people responsible to justice. Sounds like a horrible situation to go through.

18. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Jez, reading KHOU's article since it was updated this morning. His brother-in-law was the responding officer on the scene and his kids (he had 3) were at home with friends having a sleepover at the time and saw the aftermath.

Ash started Duff at 29 (my age) and just sold it in December.

Truly horrific and tragic.

19. ThirdEyePA

ThirdEyePA Savant (380) Texas Nov 7, 2011

This is terrible. Condolences to his family.

20. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (430) Texas Sep 30, 2007

Wow, condolences to the family for sure. I met ash when i applied to Duff for a job here in Austin. Super nice guy, just wasnt in the cards at the time.

A definite blow to humanity and the craft beer scene. He will be missed.

21. BeerHunter76

BeerHunter76 Savant (485) Texas Dec 25, 2010

Serious condolences to the family in this tragic time. I spoke with Brandon at D&Q this afternoon. He was upste by it to say the least. He told me he had spoken with him a couple days ago and was lovin' life and talkin' craft brews and their future in TX.

22. HopAG

HopAG Savant (485) Texas Sep 22, 2012

Absolutely terrible... My biggest sympathies for his children and family.

23. Daemose

Daemose Savant (480) Texas Oct 3, 2011

Damn.

24. rsawyer

rsawyer Aficionado (145) Texas Jul 7, 2007

Just saw this this morning. I was lucky enough to meet Ash a number of times. He was even nice enough to meet with me for lunch, have a few beers, and give me a hand on some projects just a few years ago. Even though we had only met a handful of times, he was always quick to walk up and say hi when he saw me at Specs or around town. He even remembered my name...

He loved craft beer and went above and beyond to help foster it's growth in Houston and Texas. He helped new local breweries as well as worked hard to expand our imported selections. Sad day for Houston beer fans. Thoughts and prayers to his family.:(