1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

EBF 2014: Tell us all about it

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by tobelerone, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChadCSU

ChadCSU Aficionado (125) Colorado Aug 28, 2007

My apologies to Jbrews and others who feel wronged by Crooked Stave. I would like to offer the following for what it's worth..

There has obviously been a lot of controversy about Crooked Stave at EBF that has left a bad impression for many people. Unfortunately, in no way were we properly represented and it is a hard lesson to learn.

We asked a couple of our Cellar Reserve Members to pour for us that live in the Northeast since we were not personally able to attend EBF. This was the first time we have allowed individuals who do not work for Crooked Stave to pour our beer without a Crooked Stave representative present. Unfortunately it is now the last time that we will send beer to an event in which we cannot be properly represented.

Also, we would like to apologize to all attendees at EBF who were disappointed in our showing. We realize you are there to spend your time and money enjoying news beers and having a good time with friends/family. There is simply no room for arrogance and unnecessary anxiety at beer festivals.

Again, it is a hard lesson to learn on our end that will allow us to grow and represent ourselves better in the future. We appreciate every single person that respects and understands our beer. Being so small, we rely on our fans to share our beer all over the country. It is hard to gain exposure as a small brewery, and POSITIVE word of mouth is crucial. We are working hard to make everything right and confront the issue effectively.

We hope that anyone visiting Denver will please pay us a visit and discover what we are all about! I want to congratulate Beer Advocate on a highly successful event and we hope to be invited back next year!

Cheers,
    Crooked Stave Crew!

2. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (350) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Thanks for personally responding to the concerns. I appreciate the disclosure and the apology. Love your beer and hated that your booth left a bad taste in my mouth..pun intended...The beer I did try was fantastic as most of your beers. Those reserve members should really be ashamed of themselves! Repping a brewery in the way they did is shameful. I'd love to see you guys back next year pouring the beer yourselves. Again, I think I can speak for most by saying we appreciate the explanation and the apology. Your beer is great keep up the great brewing !! Distribute to CT!!! Cheers! Rob.

Rochefort10nh likes this.
  3. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

I'll second this. Swinging by Crooked Stave at The Source is a must.
    Thanks. Crooked Stave has an open invite to our fests. We'd love to have you back.

In the meantime, see you around Denver and thanks for the follow-up.

Cheers!

4. Crooked Stave Crew,

From the reports here it seems like you ran out of beer in 30 minutes. Why did you only send 30 minutes of beer for a 3.5 hour festival? Next year, when you come back to EBF, will you only send the same amount of beer for your Crooked Stave employee? I would love to try your beer next year if I'm able to get a ticket.

Cheers!

pjs234 likes this.
  5. I expected to hate EBF at new location/size (didn't go last year, but went to all the earlier ones), but was pleasantly surprised. Except for the outdoor line journey around the circumference of the Hindenburg hanger sized building, everything seemed well planned and executed. The separate chill-out space with tables and chairs was choice. Things didn't seem too crowded. The beer was great. Clown Shoes was a favorite. I would return to EBF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.