1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

EBF Boston Regroup

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by sarro, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarro

sarro Savant (345) Michigan May 12, 2009

Hey all,

Who wants to get together tonight for some beers or bottle sharing?
    Jale & I are in from Michigan with thstevens12 and are nearby The Publick House.

Hit me up or post if you wanna get together!
  2. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 Savant (405) Georgia Nov 4, 2011

Dang would love this but I moved my hotel to the hostel right near cyclorama. This has turned into quite the situation...
  3. Portsmouth NH is also in the path of the storm but its a great town for beer if anyone needs a Boston alternative.

It does require a car but should have parking available a bunch of hotels.

Portland, ME as well - if anyone decides to head north.

Boston has a ton of fun stuff but not sure how much of it will remain open once the MBTA shuts down as that's how alot of the workers get too and from the establishments.

Happy to help the out of towners if they need anything.
  4. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Aficionado (240) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

Depends on the weather but myself and two other BA's are at the courtyard in south Boston ! We are en route from Vermont with a car full of HF and heady!

We might be down to meetup!
    MugOfGoodness likes this.
  5. sarro

Mmmmmm VT beer...

We have some great beer from MI to share if it works out!
  6. And that's another option - ditch the hotel and grab a rental car and go up to Vermont - if you do that - check out "Three Penny Taproom" which has 4-6 Hill Farmstead beers on tap as well as Lawsons and really great food.

Over in Waterbury - there is a trifecta of good beer bars and the Alchemist for Heady Topper. The Prohibition Pig, Blacktrack (sp?) and Resevoir are all great and its a mini beer festival right there.

The Econolodge in Montpelier is the cheapest lodging and its nice - I tink a room with two double beds was $59 and then the room with one King size was $69 and its less than 10 minute walk from downtown Montpelier.
    WickedGoodBBQ likes this.
  7. if you're gonna go, better go NOW. traffic is going to be a disaster.
    OtisCampbell and MugOfGoodness like this.
  8. Ataraxia

Ataraxia Savant (250) Massachusetts Sep 20, 2012

Entire EBF is now postponed. Flee from the city if you wish!
  9. sarro

The Publick House still plans on staying open and hosting their Dogfish Head event according to twitter if anyone is up for it.
  10. I think that's a $60 ticket - right? Be cool if they honored NOTB tickets for it - and then resold the NOTB tickets to the locals who will be around when the EBF is rescheduled or something like that.

My heart goes out to the folks who flew in (some from as far as away as Europe, etc) but Boston is a great town and I think there will be a ton of great hotel room parties with some great beer flowing!
  11. My thoughts exactly. I met a nice couple at the Meadhall event who flew in from Maryland, and had never been to Boston before. Planned their entire weekend around this. Staying out in Quincy too - with the T shut down, what in the world are they going to do out there?
    rinhaak likes this.
  12. kimpossible22

kimpossible22 Zealot (75) Texas Dec 19, 2009

4 Texas girls! We are over on Treemont. Anything going on near here?
  13. brystmar

brystmar Initiate (0) Texas Sep 2, 2009

I'm pulling into Boston as we speak. Hotel near the cyclorama. Brought a couple beers to share just in case everything got canceled, so lets find a place to open some bottles!
    kimpossible22 likes this.
  14. rinhaak

rinhaak Savant (385) Massachusetts Jun 23, 2009

That is such a good idea!
  15. sarro

Hotel have a conference room we can use?
    rinhaak and kimpossible22 like this.
  16. madtrixter787

madtrixter787 Savant (275) Virginia Oct 15, 2009

We don't have a car full of beer (taking the train), but we're staying at the Sheraton on Dalton St. and are trying to run to the beer store on Newbury street when we get in around 3. Let us know if you might want to meet up tonight for some drinkings!
  17. brystmar

Will let you know once we get there in ~30
  18. madtrixter787

madtrixter787 Savant (275) Virginia Oct 15, 2009

Also, seeing as this is turning into the arab spring of beer festivals (mubarak is the weather), is there a twitter hashtag we can all start using to find each other? #findingbeermo ?
  19. I'm camped out at an apartment in Somerville with 2 other beer nerds.
    Definitely up for a bit of a regrouping
  20. rinhaak

Great idea, but that's a lot of characters. Why not #beerstorm
    brystmar likes this.
  21. brystmar

Hotel has no conference room, though they did offer us the bar. We're at the Chandler Inn right near the Cyclorama.

Anyone wanting to join us for beers / bottles feel free to text me 312-203-5659 and we'll meet up! Prob need to make a decision and head out soon because roads are closing.
    ribbon likes this.
  22. Be careful of the inbound and outbound passage - I am hearing the MBTA will close down at 3 pm - so you may be able to get in but not sure how you get out - and I have no idea how the Taxi's are operating.

Maybe check if your hotel has a bad weather cancellation and then book a room closer to other BAs? (not sure this will work) but if you don't have to travel - then it might be easier vs. moving between hotels.

I also think Saturday night be a little more normal pending the snowfall accumulation and how much work they have to dig out - but Boston is walkable with some snow boots, etc.
  23. Yeah madtrxtr! staying at Sheraton as well, it's going down @dalton st! Picking up bottles and trying to get revolutionary on this nemo. Let's all meet up in the harbor for the first ever Boston Beer Party and throw beers off boats!

#nemobeerstormEBF:(beerparty
  24. Yeah madtrxtr! staying at Sheraton as well, it's going down @dalton st! Picking up bottles and trying to get revolutionary on this nemo. Let's all meet up in the harbor for the first ever Boston Beer Party and throw beers off boats!

#nemobeerstormEBF:(beerparty
    rinhaak likes this.
  25. rinhaak

With the snow stopping by late afternoon tomorrow, the roads will be open. The T may still not be running, but at least people can drive or walk.

I am definitely down with something tomorrow; let's keep the conversation open. And anyone out in the JP/Roslindale area should shoot me a BM.
  26. brystmar

We are near Tremont @ Berkeley st, looking to share some bottles.
  27. brystmar

Roads apparently close at 4pm, so the gf and I are headed to Lord Hobo for lunch. Planning to catch a cab back right before the streets close. Join us!
  28. kimpossible22

kimpossible22 Zealot (75) Texas Dec 19, 2009

We need food. We're getting ready and may head over. We're tremont and newton. Hope we can find a cab back!
  29. I bailed on my hotel room and stayed home, but here's some advice: lots of bars and restaurants are going to close early. However, bars and restaurants IN hotels tend to stay open.
    Eriktheipaman and MugOfGoodness like this.
  30. brystmar

Thanks for the BM that hobo is closed until 4:30. Grabbing lunch near Clarendon and Tremont, gonna decide on further plans after.
  31. I was also making sure they werent open today and I wasnt aware. Planning on heading there around 430 depending on storm, would be a lot easier to walk over there now and walk home around 4/5 as opposed to walking home after 7
  32. Kmccabe33

Are you at the hostel 40 Berkeley? Me and 2 buddies are staying there, currently at Bukowskis for anyone.who wants to join. Will be back at the hostel and ready for whatever later
  33. brystmar

Looks like that hostel is basically caddy corner from our hotel. Found some other BAs at our hotel, all of us are looking to get together. Does your hostel have space for us to share bottles?
  34. MrDanno96

MrDanno96 Savant (370) Ohio Aug 26, 2009

Im also at chandler inn and have some bottles to share if we put soemthing together. Was also planning on stopping by Coda tonight if anyone wants to join.
  35. They're going to fine anyone on the roads after 4pm $500. I doubt anything will be open.
    SneezyAchew likes this.
  36. Kmccabe33

I can check when we get back there. Shoot me a text @ 571-214-2508, names Korey
  37. sarro

Let us know about cracking bottles at the hostel or Chandler Hotel bar. We may head over for it!
  38. Via teleportation? That's about 5 miles in a blizzard between Publick House and Chandler Inn with no T or cabs...
  39. rinhaak

Don't doubt the possibility. He's from Michigan.

;)
  40. brystmar

Bottles will be cracked in our area shortly. Come on down!

Edit: going to Coda down the street first. Come say hello.
    Edit 2: Coda is now closed until tomorrow night. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.