1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

EBF Boston Regroup

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by sarro, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ribbon

ribbon Zealot (80) Texas Feb 22, 2011

do yáll think cabs will start running again? we are on the south side ... and really want to try the short's at lord hobo. since we traveled in and got a place close to cyclorama, we don't have a car.
  2. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Call metro cab and see. (617) 782-5500
  3. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Aficionado (240) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

Lord Hobo here we come !
  4. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

I'm assuming they'll be very eager to get up and running again. Your best bet is to call ahead and see if you can schedule one.
  5. ribbon

call? what a novel idea :) ummm - wow ... eventually we would have thought of that
  6. Todd

Ignoring your snark, many in the city don't call for cabs. They go outside and hail them. Calling ahead for one was a tip as they'll be in high demand. In fact, I'd be calling now.
    ribbon likes this.
  7. ribbon

sadly - we actually had not thought of it ... in austin we do actually have to call most of the time, i guess my travels have ruined it for me.

we're calling ... we're calling. cabin fever has sunk in strong. vodka and beer supplies are low. the ballast point bloody mary mix is no joke though!

see ... i can't stop talking. cabin fever.
  8. Todd

LOL. Good luck. Hoping to hit Lord Hobo later today too.
    ribbon likes this.
  9. nrossnyr

nrossnyr Initiate (15) Feb 9, 2013

Anything else to do tonight? A few of us Staten Islanders are looking to get out of the hotel room!! Any word on some bars opening soon? Desperate.
  10. MeadGuyfromMD

MeadGuyfromMD Savant (260) Maryland May 23, 2007

We're 20 minutes from downtown, looking to get to Hobo or CBC this afternoon. Planning to hit Sunset tonite too. Any updates on parking in the Cambridge area?
  11. Wish I had a snowboard and a snowmobile to tow me! It's cool seeing cross-country skiers out. Sounds like Cambridge is going to be bumpin'
  12. Just got word that Bukowski's is open! For out of towners on Tremont, it's not TOO bad of a hike for you.
  13. Patrick

There is a garage near CBC
  14. jale

jale Savant (465) Michigan Oct 17, 2009

Kyle(Sarro) and some of us are at Lord Hobo.
  15. Destral

Destral Savant (330) Nevada Oct 20, 2009

Our vegas crew is at Lord Hobo right now.
  16. brystmar

brystmar Initiate (0) Texas Sep 2, 2009

I'm at Hobo as well. Back right corner facing the bar, brown pullover. Sitting across from the gf. Come say hey.
  17. Destral

Destral Savant (330) Nevada Oct 20, 2009

Unfortunately that list seems pretty off. There are Shorts beers on, but nothing nearly as exciting as that list looked.
  18. Patrick

I'd ask about it. Maybe not all of it goes on at the same time or maybe some of the kegs didn't get there in time.
  19. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (345) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

How are the Shorts prices?
  20. tshea

tshea Zealot (80) Massachusetts Jun 22, 2006

Just returned from LH and there were 7 Shorts beers on tap earlier, all (I think) at $5 per 12 oz. A good time there for sure. Tons of other great stuff on tap as well including HF Edward.
  21. sarro

sarro Savant (345) Michigan May 12, 2009

Inexpensive. $5
  22. ribbon

will the shorts still be available at lord hobo tomorrow? we tried to get over there today and then worried about getting stranded in cambridge with the limited cab situation.

what it boils down to ... shorts? tomorrow?
  23. My understanding is that Lord Hobo couldn't put all the Short's beer on at once, so even if what they have on kicks they should be replacing it with something new. Between the gf and I we had the porter and pale ale, which were great, and the pumpkin, black ale, and saison, which were fine. Not that they'll be there tonight, but I also had the chance to talk to the Short's crew a bit and they seemed like cool guys. Hopefully they'll make it down again if/when EBF gets rescheduled!
  24. kimpossible22

kimpossible22 Zealot (75) Texas Dec 19, 2009

I want to find a good beer store to buy some bottles to take back to Austin. Suggestions?
  25. nogidrew86

nogidrew86 Aficionado (240) Nevada Aug 16, 2010

Someone come down to Eastern Standard! I wanna take down the 3L Curieux!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.