1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

EBF Hotels

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by TonyVT, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyVT

TonyVT Aficionado (115) Vermont Sep 15, 2012

Any advice on good inexpensive hotels that are close to the Cyclorama?
  2. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

Not that weekend.
  3. there's a hostel around the corner. It's like an old college dorm. It'll do the trick, and the price is right (I think I paid $62 for BBF).
    shehateme likes this.
  4. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Sure there is. You just need to take the time to look.

For instance the Chandler Inn (nearest hotel to the venue) is $149 (Thu, Fri) and $169 (Sat, Sun) a night. You can also find decent deals using other hotel bargin hunting sites. Sheraton Boston Hotel is currently $161 a night on http://www.hotels.com. There's more out there too; haven't checked http://www.priceline.com yet, but they normally have deals.

While not "cheap," it's Boston and anything $150-200 is considered reasonable for the area and timeframe.
  5. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

^^ still reasonable for a major city for sure. Random February weekend there were actual "cheap" deals to be had. I think chandler was under 100!
  6. MrDanno96

MrDanno96 Savant (370) Ohio Aug 26, 2009

I posted a thread about this a couple weeks ago, but looks like it was deleted. TO BROS: there should be a pinned topic for this as it inevitably comes up twice every year (BBF and EBF).

To OP: The Chandler Inn on Berkley and Chandler is less than a five minute walk from Cyclorama. Really nice accommodations, albeit a little small. I got a room there for $99/night a few weeks ago.

The Park Plaza is a nice option too. Less than a mile away from Cyclorama and really close to the Arlington T Stop.

I've also heard good things about the hostel on Berkley street, though I have not stayed there. I think you have to share bathrooms with other people, but it's really inexpensive and nice otherwise. Several BAs got together there the night of the blizzard and had a tasting in their common room. The hotel was cool about it.
  7. I got a room $155/night at the Chandler Inn for Friday and Saturday night.
  8. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

They were $119 direct, but that was then and this thread is now.
  9. Timmush

Timmush Savant (330) New Jersey Jan 5, 2008

I checked on pricleline and got the boston park plaza for 89$ a night for the 15th and 16th.
    Less than a mile walk.
  10. St. Patrick's weekend, so that can't help with prices.
  11. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Savant (480) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2007

We had this discussion before, but stay at a hotel closest to where you plan to end the night. For many, that may be Cambridge. There is a 4-star hotel on Hotwire right now for $89 ($110 after tax) in Cambridge for the Saturday. Not sure which it is, but could be Le Meridien, Marlowe, Royal Sonesta, etc. which are all nice hotels and an easy cab ride or walk from CBC, Meadhall, Lorb Hobo.
    ShogoKawada likes this.
  12. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 Savant (405) Georgia Nov 4, 2011

Stayed at the Hostel around the corner called 40 Berkeley for the last attempt at EBF/NOTB. Me and my buddies switched from our hotel in Cambridge to the Hostel because EBF/NOTB was definitely going to happen. It was good enough for what it is, it works for sleeping and showering but do not expect much else.
    ShogoKawada likes this.
  13. TheMonkfish

TheMonkfish Initiate (0) Chad Jan 8, 2012

Grab something cheap in Somerville and get a T map. I did this at a recent beer event - It's a really easy and hard to foul up trip unless you are completely zooted.
  14. polishkaz

polishkaz Savant (455) Connecticut May 30, 2011

Other option would be to use Air BNB, use it almost exclusively when traveling now. Usually the same price as a hotel and you can get a whole apartment.
  15. TheSamKuehn

TheSamKuehn Advocate (535) Florida Aug 27, 2012

On Tuesday I saw hotels.com had the Courtyard by Marriott at 275 Tremont (.56 miles from the venue) for $183 for 2 double beds. I checked marriott.com and they had that property for that room the same weekened listed at $229. Marriott has a "Look No Further" deal where if you find one of thier rooms cheaper elsewhere (like hotels.com) they will match the price and then give you a 25% discount off the lower price. Bottom line, I got the 2 double beds at Courtyard Marriott for $139. Prices are the same today as when I booked. You need to call Marriott, reserve the room and then ask to have them submit the claim form. It took me 10 minutes and saved me big time.
  16. codasnap52

codasnap52 Savant (305) Connecticut Jan 24, 2008

Good thinking. I booked the same hotel but I think my price was 190 or so. I wonder if they will let me retroactively get a better deal. Worth a shot
  17. Priceline what you are looking to pay in the vicinity and maybe you'll luck out.
  18. I jumped on the rescheduled and got the Hyatt a mile away for a $100 each night Friday and Saturday.
  19. jlenik

jlenik Savant (435) New Jersey Jan 22, 2009

We're staying at the Chandler Inn which is really close to the venue. Any good bars relatively near us? I haven't been successful with my online searches.
  20. nope
    Njstoutlover23 likes this.
  21. That's what I was fearing. Well at least it is near the Cyclorama.
  22. Timmush

Timmush Savant (330) New Jersey Jan 5, 2008

The bar in the Chandler inn is fantabulous.
    Njstoutlover23 likes this.
  23. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (340) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Picco next door to the Cyclorama is awesome! All craft taps. Pretty good shit too. Also the food is phenominal and the homemade ice cream is seriously the best ive had......ever!
  24. If anybody gets stuck, beer mail me and you can crash on our futon in the spare bedroom. I take the red line from Ashmont to Downtown Crossing to Backbay. I am volunteering both nights too. Good luck everybody.

Best Western on Mass Ave, Hampton Inn in Somerville on McGrath Highway, Doubletree in Dorchester near JFK T stop. Plenty of hotels in the area and some places do shuttle you to the train station too. Good luck people.
  25. I thought the Best Western on Mass Ave was pretty good when I stayed there a few weekends ago. We had a room with 2 double beds and a pullout couch, so you can easily sleep 5-6. I think I paid around $150 on a Friday night in total. Free parking, continental breakfast and the shuttle will take you a certain distance from the hotel (TD Garden was out of range).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.