1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

EBF Lines

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by EnronCFO, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What is the booth line situation like tonight? Every picture I've seen on Twitter makes it look like a madhouse, but pictures can be deceiving. Any thoughts from attendees?

2. richj1970

richj1970 Advocate (725) Alabama Oct 26, 2012

Didn't wait more than 5 min in any line all night.

3. aea1156

aea1156 Zealot (80) Maryland Oct 10, 2013

Lines weren't bad at all ... Even during the peak Funky Buddha & Toppling Goliath which had the longest lines moved nicely

4. Awesome. Thanks guys. Some some foreboding posts on twitter tht got me scared for tomorrow.

5. Aaron58

Aaron58 Savant (270) Massachusetts Dec 16, 2007

No problems at all. The funky Buddha and toppling goliath lines were by far the longest, but still not bad.

6. Are you sure those two were the longest? The Dogfish line was ridiculous while Sam was there.

7. Only first timer wait in line for DFH.

8. I wasn't in line, I just saw it.

I am a first timer (and also staff), though.

9. BobCobb

BobCobb Savant (355) Illinois Jul 10, 2012

How long did the popular beers last?

10. Just joking dude. That DFH line can get crazy, which I like excuse it frees up room at other booths

11. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

Treehouse was pretty long for most of the night as well

mendvicdog and Hendry like this.
  12. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Brewers were rationing beers so they'd have some to pour during all 3 sessions.

13. Todd

And smart people looking to try the Funky Buddha and BeerAdvocate collaborations. Line was moving quick too.

14. Can anyone speak to how long it took for the back part of the line to the get into the venue? Just curious as I wont be able to get there early. Excited for my first EBF! Hopefully my must haves don't kick too early.

15. Todd

We had the entire line in within 25 mins.

jbertsch likes this.
  16. 23 minutes, to be exact!

17. rjp217

rjp217 Advocate (690) Massachusetts Apr 24, 2012

The lines were minimal all night. Funky Buddha and Toppling Goliath had the longest lines and they were flying through pours so the wait was less than 5mins for those two at the most. Don't worry about lines, they are not an issue.

Awesome time last night!

18. In general, it felt like there were a lot of people, but there were so many awesome beers that the lines were well split everywhere. Tree House line moved the slowest...not sure if that was because everyone got the same beer so one pourer was useless or because Dean was talking to everyone ;)

19. hikeeba

hikeeba Savant (280) Rhode Island Oct 11, 2013

Funky Buddha's line doubled back on itself today. I timed 15 min for my wait (but it was well worth it!)
    TG & TreeHouse's lines were decent, but the wait wasn't really that bad. DFH had two lines - one for 120 min and the other (much much shorter) for everything else.

20. Crooked Stave appeared to bring a six pack...they were out 45 minutes into session B.

21. Same thing Friday night. Weak sauce!

22. Same thing for last session. Great stuff, but gone in a blink. Hopefully they set up proper for next year.

dar482 likes this.
  23. i felt like there were twice as many peoe on saturday as there was friday, anyone else notice that?

24. DNICE555

DNICE555 Savant (495) Connecticut Aug 13, 2008

You guys (brewers,staff,ect) did an amazing job. Thank you and cheers. Looking forward to next year.

duceswild and Rochefort10nh like this.
  25. Todd

Same numbers.

26. TonyVT

TonyVT Aficionado (125) Vermont Sep 15, 2012

I looked behind their table Friday night after they were cased and saw 2 boxes of bombers on the ground. No wonder they ran out so quickly.

27. I could understand waiting in the DFH line if Sam was there. I'd love to meet him.

dar482 and JohnnyMc like this.
  28. dar482

dar482 Advocate (670) New York Mar 9, 2007

He definitely was. Lots of the brewers were there, but they seemed busy and I was too busy drinking to stop and chat it up.

29. I wasn't there but knew several who were. This just sounds like how to run an event. I will make an effort to make this happen go around.

Knowing you have a lot on your plates, have you all ever considered (or maybe do already) consulting//advising smaller breweries on how to do their events? I know selling package beer changes things a lot, but I think MANY brewers spend their time on their craft, not attending / seeing what works (and doesn't) at beer festivals, releases, etc. Just a thought. I always think its a shame when the whining on BA about the event planning overshadows the brewers product, when these folks are spending 5x as much time and resources on the product not the party.

Scrapss and PhiGam25 like this.
  30. All of those beers are in the 375mL format, which makes it even worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.