1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

EBF Questions

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by tobelerone, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,515) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Not until you're at the doors.

2. Conforming isn't odd people do it all the time. But, I'm not doing it because snobs have a problem with it, I'm doing it because its a supposed "red flag for security" and I don't want to be hassled at the door for attempting to bring in outside food.

3. Seems like it's a red flag because people with pretzel necklaces have a propensity for getting really drunk, thus security may want to keep an extra eye on you. But if you're not going to be doing anything abnormal, then who cares?

Aaron58 likes this.
  4. Todd

Nerds! :mad: Only nerds would argue over stupid pretzels around your neck days before an epic beer fest. o_O

braineater, JrGtr, ChrisMyhre and 5 others like this.
  5. I've had my pretzels aging in an oak barrel with local microbes for over a year, god dam right I'm bringing them

6. Passport okay for ID? License expires on Thursday and I have plans so won't be able to renew.

7. Which room at the Seaport is the fest? I didn't see it on the EBF page and I know there are a few ballroom, convention spaces there. Thanks.

8. Todd

Yes, if it's valid.

9. Todd

It's in the main exhibit hall. The big ass room we do ACBF in.

SebD likes this.
  10. Perfect. Thanks for the quick response.

11. TonyVT

TonyVT Aficionado (125) Vermont Sep 15, 2012

Fits me to a T. See you there!

jlordi12 and huddyball like this.
  12. Anyone having beers before or after? What places are people going? Normally I go to Picco, but it isn't as close this year. Friday night for me.

13. Beers before?

Boca-X, dar482, willbm3 and 3 others like this.
  14. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

Why have beers before?

Boca-X likes this.
  15. dar482

dar482 Advocate (700) New York Mar 9, 2007

There absolutely aren't enough beers at EBF. Plan on having the 300+ beers at EBF, and more...

16. Am having trouble finding Off color on the booth map. Anyone know where they are going to be?

17. Maybe they're in mystery booth #56.

18. So I will get into Boston around 3, get situated at the hotel, and go grab a very late lunch. Yes I would like to have a beer or two with my food. I was hoping for some input on a place really close to the event, that has some good taps. This is my 4 EBF, I know what I'm doing. Anything going on after?

19. Row 34

Beeranator and SawDog505 like this.
  20. Do I understand correctly that there is no coat check? Also will my wife be allowed to bring her purse in, no pretzels or empty growlers inside.;)

SebD likes this.
  21. Todd

It's all there in the info: http://www.beeradvocate.com/ebf/info/

22. I'm so excited, holy shit!! I understand that staff probably doesn't get to drink as much as a ticketed attendee, but I'm totally psyched just to be there!

23. Me too, i see a PB stout with my name on it :)

SebD likes this.
  24. I've got to avoid that one. My body has a serious, serious, serious objection to the "PB" part of "PB stout".
    :p

papat444 likes this.
  25. what time will a line start forming you guys think?

or say ay 5:30pm, how deep will the line be?

26. DNICE555

DNICE555 Savant (495) Connecticut Aug 13, 2008

I've been in line since 2AM... there's probably 40-50 people behind me at this point.

Aaron58, HRamz3 and pjs234 like this.
  27. Can't wait for Saturday night! I'll be the guy wearing a corndog necklace making everyone jealous.

28. yeah but I'm in front of you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.