1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

EBF Saturday: Anyone try the Tobacco aged beer?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by Brewsephus, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can't remember where it was from or what kind of beer it was, other than dark and aged on tobacco. The booth was on the left side of the venue, by the concessions, and the brewer was really chill.

Any help identifying this beer/brewery would be great! Thanks!
  2. I believe it was Long Trail's Without Tobacco Stout (can't remember the exact name).
    Brewsephus likes this.
  3. Reminds me of Copenhagen black. Bourbon aged tobacco. Not for the faint of heart. I imagine that beer ain't either. I'd like to give it a go now that you mention it.
  4. From your name I did a search and found "Long Trail Coffee Tobacco Stout". While I was pretty out of it at the end of the EBF, that does seem plausible.

I remember it being great. I enjoy the tobacco roast, especially in wine, and this was my first time having it in a beer. Worried about repeating this with homebrew (i.e. nicotine in beer?).

What did you think of the beer?
  5. It was towards the end of the night so it's hard to recall everything, but I got a couple samples so I definitely liked it. Not sure how large of a sample I could drink in one sitting, however. The tobacco flavor was pretty strong and possibly a bit overwhelming from what I recall. It definitely fit in with the theme of the fest though!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.