1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

EBF vs ACBF?

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by ScotNH, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotNH

ScotNH Savant (380) New Hampshire Oct 15, 2013

I was really impressed with Extreme Beer Fest. It was amazing. It definitely beat my expectations.

How does ACBF compare? I had a look at last years brewers and beers, and it appears to be more mainstream, as I expected. Is it run in a similar fashion?

Would I be wrong to expect an EBF like event with more mainstream brewers and beers?

2. Dicers

Dicers Champion (905) Texas Sep 2, 2012

ACBF is about double in size and takes up the entirety of the Seaport CC. Nationwide brewers come, but a strong showing from the Northeast is definitely noticeable. There aren't as many super sought after beers as with EBF, but you will notice that Lawsons, Trillium, DC Brau among others will be in attendance and are always pouring great beers. I wouldn't say they're the same, but they're both awesome!

As for how they're run that is pretty similar but with more people attending each session because the entire convention center is being used. So although there are alot more people it feels about the same. I love both events for totally different reasons. ACBF you get to try underrated hidden gems from all over the country whereas you're knocking back 10, 15 ,20% behemoths at EBF

ScotNH likes this.
  3. I enjoy EBF better, do to the smaller scale but both are great fests and worth attending.

4. ScotNH

ScotNH Savant (380) New Hampshire Oct 15, 2013

Ok, I'm convinced. Tickets ordered!

5. Since its summer and larger, I always felt ACBF was more of a bro fest than EBF. More pregaming activity and drunk chicks. Still a good fest due to the aggregate selection but not as unique as EBF.

Ericness likes this.
  6. I think it says a lot that ACBF can't get locals like Kane and Carton to go, but those guys went to EBF.

7. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Wait until you see the complete line up, and we don't invite all of the same brewers.

JrGtr and Aaron58 like this.
  8. JCElaw32

JCElaw32 Aspirant (30) Nebraska May 16, 2013

Any idea when the complete line up will be released Todd? First year coming and really looking forward to it.

9. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

The absolute complete list? Not until the week of the fest, as there's always additions/changes.

10. Haha when this went up I thought ACBF was Atlantic City BF which is a crap show that even the locals don't go to, not American Craft BF. Now your response makes more sense. Trying to get to this ACBF!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.