1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Eclipse Worth The Price?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Brehnert, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Plug: I think you'd do well in Texas. We are completely lacking in good barrel-aged stouts.

I don't even qualify for "No" the 99% of the time BA Raspy isn't on the shelf. I have to trade for anything else.
  2. It's still 30 plus after you send it to a trustee and have it sent to you. Atleast if you are on the east coast like myself. It's still worth it though. My only complaint would be you can't lose the piece of paper that comes with your order because it is a key for the different colored waxes. I hope they start writing which variant it is on the bottle...either that or I pray I don't lose that piece of paper hehe :)
  3. We looked at Texas and getting label approval is not an easy process there is little to no 'wiggle' room on stated ABV. I would have a hard time keeping beer at a .20 variance in ABV. They can quaranteen the beer if it is out of spec and fine you etc. to get it back...
  4. We buy the barrels from the distilleries but isn't a marketing agreement. We cannot invoke the brands on our bottle. We can use the waxes to tell them apart. The wax 'key' will always be on our website. Failing other remedies you can always call or email the brewery.
  5. Nobody is "stuck" with paying the $30. The government is not mandating (yet) the purchase of Eclipse.

If they passed the Affordable Eclipse Care Act, would it be called Levitationcare?
    GrumpyOldTroll likes this.
  6. stayclean

stayclean Savant (360) Wisconsin Mar 17, 2012

I for one wouldn't object to the Affordable Heady Act.. ;)
  7. Quite honestly, I was told they don't ship outside of California...So I worked very hard to find a trustworthy person I could ship to and then they ship me the beer. My friend and I bought 36 x your 30 boyz...it was atleast 1k all said and done...I thought I was getting something that no one else would have...friends made Vermont runs along the East Coast...its on retail shelves in multiple states. I am glad the beer in great, but when I buy futures...like I have with wine...its to get something no one else has...that was a bit disappointing...and it also didn't save me money.
  8. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Savant (260) Illinois Apr 4, 2007

No

$20 is pushing it, but the fact they are charging $30 is laughable.