1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Edgestar DBC120KEG

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by HOGIE888, Oct 24, 2012.

1. HOGIE888

HOGIE888 Disciple (55) Oct 6, 2012

2. IceAce

IceAce Advocate (560) California Jan 8, 2004

Looking at the advert:

A glass door so that I can ensure my keg is there? Ummmm..ok.

FYI: 1/6 barrels are generally in the ballpark of 12 packs in terms of cost per oz...just saying.

Cool air is everywhere! (Except the tower where all of the warmest air collects)

My personal opinion is that this is the kiddie-pool version of the real deal. Take your $426.55 and double it by folding it in half and walking away from this toy.
    billandsuz likes this.
  3. HOGIE888

HOGIE888 Disciple (55) Oct 6, 2012

Sorry, maybe I should have clarified that I am looking for a home for homerewed cornys.
  4. billandsuz

billandsuz Savant (380) New York Sep 1, 2004

yeah, ice ace hit it on the head.
    will this unit work for your corneys? sure. is it a good deal? absolutley not.

personally, i think this $426 deal is the answer to the question nobody was asking. but if it is something that looks like the sun and the stars to you, go ahead and buy it.
    IceAce likes this.
  5. cracker

cracker Savant (395) Pennsylvania May 2, 2004

If that unit can only fit one corny keg which it seems to be the case then it surely is not worth it. For around that price you can build a beautiful keezer that holds 4+ corny's. Find a cheap chest freezer either on craigslist or on sale at Home Depot/Lowes and you're well on your way.
  6. cubbyswans

cubbyswans Savant (340) Missouri Jun 10, 2008

you can find plenty of full sized kegerators that hold 3 cornies for about the same price. You can also build your own out of a chest freezer for less than that. Looks like Edgestar hired a marketing person from the old AB team. They like to throw you a bunch of facts that sound good on the surface but really are quite meaningless and useless. "This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age."