1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Election 2012 Beers

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by draheim, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I wouldn't wait. The coffee flavor has already faded enough in the civets' large intestine.
  2. DrAwkward82

DrAwkward82 Savant (305) California Apr 16, 2005

I'm a total politics/polling junkie, so I'll be compulsively refreshing Nate Silver's blog and, if things go the way I'm hoping, hopefully celebrating with Chocolate Rain or Perfect Storm.
  3. We are thinking on the same lines, I've got this bad boy on stand by as well
    [​IMG]
    Seems like the right occasion.
  4. seplo

seplo Savant (445) Connecticut Sep 8, 2009

And if he loses a 30 pk of Red Dog and a day off of work, i wish i had a Victory at Sea when i get the news that Romney won.Republican for life....CHEERS
  5. FATC1TY

FATC1TY Moderator (545) Georgia Feb 12, 2012 Staff Member

I'm gonna drink but not give a shit about watching that crap.
  6. In a salute to our forefathers, I'll be drinking Williamsburg AleWerks Washington's Porter.
    hardy008 likes this.
  7. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

I'll be attending a Lost Abbey beer pairing dinner @Churchill's Pub & Grille Tuesday evening, and paying very little attention to the minute-by-minute election results. I've already voted, so whatever will be, will be.

Dinner Menu:

First Course: Trio of CheesesAn assortment of artisanal cheeses and house made crostinispaired with Inferno, Red Barn, & Saint’s Devotion(GABF 2012 Gold Medal Winner)

Second Course: Duo of SoupsRoasted cauliflower & raisin soup with rosemary honey croutonspaired with 10 Commandments-&-Spicy plum soup with apricot raisin drizzlepaired with Judgment Day

Third Course: Duo of LambRoasted Lamb lollipop with a vanilla raspberry gastriquepaired with Framboise de Amorosa-&-Ground Lamb and clove kabob with a cherry balsamic saucepaired with Red Poppy(GABF 2012 Silver Medal Winner)

Fourth Course: Duo of BeefEspresso and anise braised Kobe beef short ribs with a wild mushroom risottopaired with Deliverance-&-Cocoa dusted cherry wood smoked Kobe beef short ribs with a sweet potato pureepaired with Cuvee de Tomme

Fifth Course: Opposites Attract Fresh fruit cannoli filled with seasonal berries and mascarpone cheesepaired with Churchill’s Finest Sour-&-Coffee Hazelnut Chocolate Cake with vanilla currant whipped cream and Serpent’s caramelpaired with Single Barrel Aged Serpent’s Stout
    franklinn, SupremePie and match1112 like this.
  8. About a million different speedway variants.
    match1112 and ehammond1 like this.
  9. antilite

antilite Aficionado (155) Florida Jan 1, 2012

In tribute to a former prez, Slick Willy, I choose something from Cigar City with a good head: Bolita Double Nut Brown Ale.
    hardy008 and fredmugs like this.
  10. May as well go for a bottle of M or something instead of that Victory at Sea.
  11. TheBrewo

TheBrewo Advocate (645) Michigan Nov 11, 2010

Beat me to it!! I will be cracking this tomorrow without question.
  12. draheim and Bluecane like this.
  13. Ravenacht

Ravenacht Advocate (500) Florida Aug 10, 2012

I Didnt Inhale Ale.... j/k BCBS is on deck for Super Tuesday.
  14. Mit Wins In a Blowout Ale... It's a homebrew.
    kmatlack and BeerKangaroo like this.
  15. SupremePie

SupremePie Savant (310) Vermont Sep 30, 2012

Something sour to match my disposition.
    franklinn likes this.
  16. Brunite

Brunite Savant (420) Illinois Sep 21, 2009

In honor of most politicians:
    [​IMG]
  17. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (620) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

18. hardy008

hardy008 Champion (750) Minnesota Jan 12, 2008

Celebration Ale would be perfect, to celebrate the end of all the political ads on TV.
  19. I know that in SC and Kentucky you cant buy alcohol on election day. I thinks it true in some counties in GA too. Hopefully you have some on hand...
  20. geneseohawk

geneseohawk Savant (315) Illinois Nov 4, 2008

My thoughts towards most politics....Perfect themed beer here.

[​IMG]
    frazbri and MattyG85 like this.
  21. Jason

Jason Founder (1,300) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Review beer for the next issue ... or whatever else comes my way. Business as usual.
  22. spoony

spoony Savant (470) Colorado Aug 1, 2012

Well done with the puns, all...

As for my beer of choice tomorrow...probably something foreign.
    Kuemmelbrau likes this.
  23. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

franklinn likes this.
  24. $2 pint night at the Fox and Hound...probably whatever they have no business selling for $2 and/or in a pint glass.
  25. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

Kuemmelbrau and hardy008 like this.
  26. tjkurz

tjkurz Aficionado (190) Wisconsin Jul 20, 2007

I am going to have a Local Acre while thinking about how to payoff the $200,000 in debt my family owes thanks to the last 12 years of mismanagement. Times are tight and it's the only thing in my fridge right now. Gotta start home brewing soon.
  27. I like the Double Bastard idea. Maybe I'll open my Double Bastard Vertical ;)
    iwantmorehops likes this.
  28. Ri0

Ri0 Champion (915) Wisconsin Jul 1, 2012

I thought the election and voting was on Wed November 7th? I even got a call about it tonight. So on Wednesday I will drink Celebration to celebrate our next president elected!
  29. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (335) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

Sam Adams whitewater ipa. Cuz y'know the whole brewer patriot thing. Plus it's what I have in the fridge.
  30. Perpetual IPA if the guy I want loses and 2011 FIS or 09' Bigfoot if he wins. There's something to my selections...
    miketd likes this.
  31. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I know it's an unpopular sentiment, but I still believe the president leads the whole country. :p
    stayclean, Levitation and DrAwkward82 like this.
  32. Suppression IPA (a one-off collaboration between 3 Ohio breweries).
  33. Alesmith Old Numbskull seems appropriate.
  34. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (575) Tennessee May 25, 2010

I have this one chilled and ready to go!
  35. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2012

Me and my friends both agree, If Obama wins we're cracking bottles in celebration. If Romney wins we'll drink our misery away...
  36. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

chanokokoro likes this.
  37. mjtiernan

mjtiernan Savant (450) New York Feb 15, 2008

Clown Shoes/Three Heads Third Party Candidate!!!
  38. It just dawned on my I have some Fireside Chat in my fridge so I may hit that. I figure I'll just drink something potent, either out of dread things didn't go how I wanted them or celebration that they did.
  39. shawnp

shawnp Savant (455) Minnesota Jan 15, 2010

Black Tuesday may suffice....
    chanokokoro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.