1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Elevated IPA

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by BerlinBomber, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Drinking this right now and like it quite a bit - wondered what people think of this?
  2. jbarra101

jbarra101 Aficionado (135) Texas Aug 11, 2012

I could only agree with you, personally think it's one of the most under rated ipa's.
  3. peteinSD

peteinSD Savant (255) California Apr 25, 2010

This beer is world class.
    claaark13 likes this.
  4. I really dug this one too which was a surprise to me coming out of New Mexico. As soon as I finish this Mean Old Tom I'll dig one out and enjoy one with ya.

Cheers!
  5. It's drinkability is really high. I got my half case a week ago and have 1 left. Mind you I have been drinking this with heady topper.

Would def order more again but probably not for awhile because it was a hassle getting it from my old roommates in Rhode Island because Beerjober does not ship to ma.

Def worth seeking out though for a well balanced single ipa
  6. Got it from Beerjober as well - only ordered a 4 pack - pricey and took 2 weeks to get to me in CT, but was worth the wait
  7. The cost went down a good bit as the 4pks increased that's why I ordered 3.
  8. miketd

miketd Advocate (510) Ohio Mar 2, 2006

I Love it, and you shouldn't be surprised it's coming from New Mexico as they have one of the most underrated scenes in the country. La Cumbre's other beers are awesome, too.
    vurt likes this.
  9. Agreed...
    I've had the IPA from Marble Brewery which I enjoyed as well. Unfortunately in my neck of the woods the exposure of these breweries isn't easily accessible.

Cheers!
    hopfenunmaltz and miketd like this.
  10. fatbeats18

fatbeats18 Aficionado (200) Texas Feb 22, 2011

My go to session beer. I love it.
  11. beerserks

beerserks Savant (290) Texas Oct 19, 2010

Do you get yours in Cruces? Im thinking on going up there tomorrow to stock up on some.
  12. shrek806

shrek806 Savant (275) New York Mar 1, 2010

just tried one yesterday for the first time. it was awesome
  13. rodlavers

rodlavers Savant (410) Pennsylvania Jun 20, 2012

I was in Santa Fe a few weeks ago and had the pleasure of trying Elevated before I visited. It was definitely on my list of things to do when I was there. I found 4-packs at Whole Foods for like 10 bucks. The biggest surprise, or maybe I should not be surprised, was Marble Brewing. I started with their Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout, and followed it up with their Reserve Ale (both on tap), which was similar to Founders Backwoods Bastard. Both very good, and agreed, NM's beer scene is underrated.
  14. largadeer

largadeer Champion (755) California Sep 24, 2006

Elevated is fantastic stuff, as are La Cumbre's other beers.
    westcoastbeerlvr likes this.
  15. Solid, tasty IPA.
  16. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (665) Texas Oct 14, 2009

This beer blew my mind. Tremendously underrated.
  17. We did a week in Santa Fe in December. First stop after getting the rent a car was at the La Cumbre Brewery.

The IPA was excellent and was worthy of the Gold it won at GABF in 2011. My wife had the Pyramid Rock Pale Ale. Both were excellent.

The IPA at Marble was very good (the Pilsner was not), and at Il Yicino the IPA was a little less tasty than Mable but still good. Blue Corn had an old school IPA that was my least favorite in NM.

They make some good IPAs in NM.
  18. Robtobfest

Robtobfest Savant (340) Connecticut Oct 21, 2009

Its not under rated just under talked about. Its rated a 96 for christs sake! Yeah i agree this beer is friggin awesome. Dare i say comparable to heady. Or i should say most comparable from what ive had and ive had alot! Great brew.
  19. fatbeats18

fatbeats18 Aficionado (200) Texas Feb 22, 2011

Ep has it man. Side door next to state line
    beerserks likes this.
  20. j47paco

j47paco Savant (310) California Dec 19, 2010

Because of this thread, I have just ordered a 4 pack from Beerjober.com. Damn you people "forcing" me to spend even more money on beer! ;)
  21. elNopalero

elNopalero Advocate (665) Texas Oct 14, 2009

Perhaps more accurately it's under the radar. I pay attention to it when it pops up on the boards here but then again I also had it when I passed through NM and became hooked. It definitely doesn't appear with the same frequency or rabid fanbase as Heady, Zombie Dust, Pliny...
  22. beerserks

beerserks Savant (290) Texas Oct 19, 2010

Nice!! I didn't know that I haven't been there in a few months. Thanks! I'm on it!!
  23. Had a growler of it last week and its a top 5 beer for me.No question. There Stout is Amazing too. I really wish they would can that next. I think it won silver at the GABF the same year Elevated won gold.
  24. Elevated IPA is all I drink when I was in New Mexico for about a year. Top 5 IPA for me. I miss that beer. Marble Red, IPA and their BA Imperial Stout is good too.
    rodlavers likes this.
  25. I drank them back to back for a week...it isnt comparable but still a very good beer.
  26. Love it and there is always a 4pack in the fridge
  27. Never had it, but a massive panel of well-trained beer judges thought it was the best IPA at the GABF, so I bet it is decent.