Elysian slow to get to Denver area, or did distro drop it?

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by Jasonrm72, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Savant (415) Colorado Apr 29, 2012

I just noticed that Elysian is starting to dry up on the shelves here and their latest releases: Hansel and Gretel and Blight have yet to make an appearance.
    Anyone in the know have any info?

Jason

DrinkingCraft likes this.
  2. mazerock

mazerock Aficionado (100) Colorado Jun 13, 2012

My C.R rep said we are one of the smallest markets (don't sell enough) so they don't send all of their beers out here.. Which I don't understand.. But he said they will skip sending some brews out this way. I would love to try all of the apocalypse line up but I've only seen 4-5 of that line out here.

3. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Poobah (1,030) Colorado May 19, 2005

I'm confused on the Elysian issue as I thought NB contract brews some Elysian stuff, along with the collaborations. NB distributes through Coors, Elysian through CRG. Not sure how that's working out; perhaps it means nothing :confused: But CRG pimps Jasmine IPA like there's no tomorrow lol

4. Jasonrm72

Jasonrm72 Savant (415) Colorado Apr 29, 2012

I figured the way the pumpkin trio flew off the shelves, that would make us a shoe-in for the H&G and Blight for sure. Guess we can only hope and wait

5. DrinkingCraft

DrinkingCraft Disciple (65) Indiana Aug 22, 2012

I don't understand why Elysian wouldn't flood this market. Everything that hits the shelves is gone in no time. I'm searching for some serious pumpkins and Elysian just isn't consistent here.

6. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

It seems to be more common outside of Denver than in the main metro area. For instance, I almost always see their stuff in Ft. Collins and Boulder, but it's pretty spotty in town.
    My wife tried to talk the the brewmaster at the rare beer tasting about their distro (she was interested in the Apocalypse beers) but he wasn't the talkative sort.

7. Prospero

Prospero Advocate (675) Colorado Jul 27, 2010

If they sent more Great Pumpkin I'd gladly drink it! Had one last night and it was probably my favorite pumpkin beer ever.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  8. I saw Maelstrom, #8 in the 12 Beers of the Apocalypse, at Lukas yesterday. Didn't see any of the others but was really trying to find Blight (#9).

Has anyone else seen any of the 12 Beers here in CO?

9. Domingo

Domingo Champion (945) Colorado Apr 23, 2005

We bought bottles of Peste and Ruin and Maelstrom is around.
    Peste and Ruin we got up in Ft. Collins, but my wife saw Maelstrom at Total Bev on 104th.

10. chango

chango Aficionado (240) Colorado Mar 31, 2006

Whatever the blood orange Apocalypse series one is, I want it.
    Too bad we only got like two of those at the store, and neither was the blood orange.
    I did get my hands on a Great Pumpkin, though, and it was delicious.

11. Maelstrom is the blood orange one and it was still on the shelf at Lukas on Sunday.

12. MYJELLOMISFIT

MYJELLOMISFIT Initiate (0) Colorado Jan 14, 2007

They stopped brewing at New Belgium a while ago. Everything now comes directly from Elysian I believe. Hence the spotty distribution.

13. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

Blood orange IPA that's been sitting on the shelves for months? Be careful.

14. heyduke

heyduke Aficionado (170) Colorado Jan 14, 2011

It's awesome if you see it grab it!

15. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Advocate (595) Colorado Jan 20, 2012

parker payless had a shit ton of it last time i was there.