1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

"END OF THE WORLD" Beer Tasting/Share Dec 21st (Mayan Doomsday)

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by BeerMeFitz, Nov 4, 2012.

1. moefriedman

moefriedman Savant (250) Illinois Feb 15, 2012

Bringing a growler of Dave
    ABisonEgo and BeerMeFitz like this.
  2. ABisonEgo

ABisonEgo Savant (290) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

is there any idea how many people are looking to attend this?
  3. TotallyHosed

TotallyHosed Savant (340) Illinois Jun 20, 2009

From past attendance, I would guess 12-20 people. Some are bringing more friends this time around, so it'll probably be closer to 20. All are welcome, but there's one rule: bring craft beer to share.
    robbiemoy13 likes this.
  4. ABisonEgo

Just curious as to how big this pool is going to get to. I planned on bringing around 12-15 bottles and a growler of suge knight to make up for the friend and the lady.
  5. BeerMeFitz

BeerMeFitz Savant (320) Illinois Oct 24, 2011

Looks like I will be bringing HF Anna,Clara, Twilight of the Idols, Founders Better Half, Brooklyn Black Ops, Maine Beer co. Lunch and Mo, Bcbs Coffee 2012 , Bcbs 2009 bomber, Bcbs Bramble Rye, 4pk of Heady Topper, Bruery Smoking Wood, Spiteful GFY stout, Bunch of Pipeworks beers, Black Butte 24th bday and maybe a couple of suprises....;)
    moefriedman likes this.
  6. incubuscience

incubuscience Savant (415) Illinois Jul 26, 2012

G'ddamn, Fitz! That's some generousity right there!
    moefriedman likes this.
  7. Pipeworks

Pipeworks Savant (325) Illinois May 28, 2009

Heady Topper... no way!?!!
  8. Sarnic

Sarnic Zealot (85) Illinois Sep 9, 2007

Unfortunately the wife and I are leaving really early (5am) the next morning but we (or at least I) would like to stop by for a couple hours as this sounds amazing.

Don't have as much crazy stuff as you guys but I do have some NC beers due to a recent trip to Asheville and 2010 Darkness, Greenbush Rage, Weyerbacher (14 and Blasphemy) and maybe the two versions of the Pumpkin imperial stout from St. Arnold if I can convince a friend to come (he got them for me and I've promised to share them with him - Pumpkinator / Reserve 9).

NC beers - Foothills Seeing Double IPA, Blue Mountain Local Species, Blue Mountain Dark Hollow, Olde Hickory Lindley Park.
    BeerMeFitz likes this.
  9. BeerMeFitz

Wow!! Those sound awesome brother!! Cheers!!
  10. BeerMeFitz

Take it easssssssyyyyyyy !! I hope you guys come by and bring one of the 300 beers you are waiting to open ;)
  11. Pipeworks

Pipeworks Savant (325) Illinois May 28, 2009

never met a guy who's tossing heady toppers around at 10am like it's free candy at a mardi gras parade like you...
    jegross2 and robbiemoy13 like this.
  12. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (685) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Wow I might have to ditch the party I am throwing at my house and come to this event....
  13. Sarnic

So the St. Arnold Pumpkinator / Divine Reserve #9 is definitely in.

I'd like to try this year's Darkness (since Chicago didn't get any) so I'd bring the 2010 vintage if whomever posted about bringing the 2012 vintage did so too so we could do a side by side.
  14. My buddy is bringing one.
  15. CMB2012

CMB2012 Aficionado (245) Illinois Nov 26, 2008

I posted the beers I am bringing in the Chicago Beer Lover's thread, but I'll put them here too since not everyone seems to be posting there and I used a different user name. It's not as much as some people plan to bring, but hopefully the quality should make up for some of that :) In any case, I'll be bringing Abraxas (Perennial 2012), Barrel aged Yeti (2011), Eclipse Elijah Craig 20yr (2011), King Henry, Cognac Moloko, and I think probably a Love Child #2. The girlfriend may be coming after the party has started, but before the world ends... I hope!

Really looking forward to this!
    TotallyHosed and BeerMeFitz like this.
  16. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Said buddy is not me any more. I'll be in Mexico tomorrow, soaking up some sun. I do have a 2011 and 2012 Darkness in Chicago with me though.
  17. I do have other buddies Jeff :)
  18. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (715) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Thats a lie and you know it. Plus, someone BM'd me this morning, so just clarifying that its not me that you need to message about Darkness
  19. incubuscience

While I can't even begin to compete with some of the bottles here, I'm planning on bringing a Funkwerks Dark Prophet, Crooked Stave WWBB, Crooked Stave WWBG, Crooked Stave Surette Reserva, Elevation Apis UV, Avery Muscat d'Amour, and a Fruet.
    CMB2012, TotallyHosed and BeerMeFitz like this.
  20. incubuscience

Running late, guys. It's incredible how hard it is to get a cab when it's 20 degrees out.
  21. BeerMeFitz

Great time tonight my beer loving brothers!! You are some extremely generous and awesome BAs!! See ya all at the next one ! Cheers!! Merry Xmas !! Happy New Year!!
    robbiemoy13 and rjacobs6 like this.
  22. Sarnic

Thanks Fitz for hosting us all - had a fantastic time. Sad that we had to head out as early as we did but still ...
  23. Great times last night, looking forward to the next one. Also, if someone is missing a Darkness snifter let me know. One ended up in my box. I was looking for my Dark Lord taster before I left and someone must have thought I said darkness
  24. ABisonEgo

Last night was amazing. Big thanks to all that helped make it happen. I ledt a couple bottles in the fridge so help yourselves (if anyone hasnt already haha)
  25. TotallyHosed

TotallyHosed Savant (340) Illinois Jun 20, 2009

The lineup (not all bottles pictured, because more was opened after this photo).

[​IMG]
  26. BeerMeFitz

I think I found your glass... skull with red wings? Get it to ya at the next tasting..Cheers!
  27. Awesome event guys. Had a wonderful time hanging out with some great BAs. Happy the world didnt end so we can do this again.
  28. CMB2012

CMB2012 Aficionado (245) Illinois Nov 26, 2008

One of the most amazing tastings with some awesome people! I would do this every Friday until the end of the world if I could!
  29. moefriedman

moefriedman Savant (250) Illinois Feb 15, 2012

WTF!! You cracked more bottles after I left. Jerks!!
    Seriously, I was barely standing at the end of the night.
    buzze40, robbiemoy13 and BeerMeFitz like this.
  30. mychalg9

mychalg9 Advocate (685) Illinois Apr 8, 2010

Wow that looks like a doozy. Im hoping there were more than 5 of you there.
    buzze40 and ABisonEgo like this.
  31. C2H5

C2H5 Savant (435) Illinois Jan 7, 2012

Holy Crap!
  32. Thanks Fitz!
  33. BeerMeFitz

I think we had a total of 25 or 30
  34. BeerMeFitz

I think the last count including 12 oz, 22 oz ,growlers and the keg that Flesk brewing brought was 90 total beers tried that night.... Wow! what a night!
  35. stouts4me

stouts4me Savant (360) Illinois Oct 9, 2011

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... sorry I missed ouy\y. I no see Vanilla or Rare.
  36. BeerMeFitz

None of us have any ;)
    ABisonEgo likes this.