Endeavor launch

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by SweetBooze73, Feb 26, 2012.

1. What is the consensus on how quick this stuff will fly off the shelves for the first month or so? I know it will be year round but the vibe I am getting is the hoarders will be out in full force from the start.

2. Show

Show Aficionado (235) Texas Jul 21, 2011

they did two batches so it shouldn't be too nuts..

but as you said, it is year round- so if you miss the first run, it'll be refilled before you know it...

...and its awesome!!

jenray and canadianghetto like this.
  3. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

It's a St Arnold brew which doesn't really garner that much attention as far as hoarders go. Pumpkinator is really the only St Arnold release that you have to be on your toes for. Shouldn't be much of an issue...

4. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (495) Texas Oct 15, 2011

Ever try to track down the new Divine Reserve?? Hoarders everywhere and people buy up everything they can and put it up on Craigslist the day of release. There regular and seasonal releases are no problem, but when they put out a limited or one-time release people go nuts and it disappears in no time here in Houston.

5. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

I agree, the 1st day or two will be mostly like finding the divine reserves. Houston probably shouldnt be as big of a "hoarders" issue as everywhere else because they'll get the most bottles.

6. canadianghetto

I will probably be buying 4-6 bottles if I can for me and to include in trades since I have been talking up this release to some people. I am not excluding myself from the "hoarders". This will be easy to find in a couple months, but I am willing to bet it won't be so easy if you are not looking around at the good places on Feb 29.

7. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Ok but it's my understanding that Endeavor is going to be year round...not a limited or special release.

8. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (415) Texas Dec 15, 2010

I don't really get this thread. The fact that Endeavor IS year round makes any conversations of "hoarding" a moot point. Not to mention the fact that it's a DIPA, and widely considered a non-ageable beer.

9. True but my point was based on the first few weeks of initial release. My guess after talking with others, is people will treat it like a rarity. I am trying to see if that feedback is similar to what other forum members have been hearing.

10. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Advocate (500) Texas Feb 21, 2011

I just looked and SA brewed 154bbls of Pumpkinator, and finding that was like a scavenger hunt in Houston for the first few days. SA posted on their FB that they brewed 240bbls of Endeavor which is 60% more than the Pumpkinator. So, I don't think it will be to hard to find especially if they plan on doing a second release a few months from now.

11. awinkro

awinkro Savant (285) Texas Oct 15, 2008

There will be plenty. If you don't get it the first go around, chill, there will be more.

bogwart likes this.
  12. bogwart

bogwart Zealot (95) Texas Jun 28, 2010

BUT I GOTS TO HAZ MINES NOW! ;-)

13. mattisloco

I really need mine day 1 it arrives in DFW for a trade that needs to go out this week... No chilling here.

FYI traders, this is going to be very tradeable, if it tastes exactly like the DR did, I've received lots of requests.

14. canadianghetto

In a perfect world the board would be flooded with ISO: Endeavor FT: Pliny, Heady Topper, Hopslam, etc.

H0rnedFr0gs, BruceBruce and Krumb like this.
  15. Krumb

Krumb Savant (290) Texas Jan 30, 2008

Preach it, brotha!

16. mattisloco

I would think Endeavor for Pliney is easily accomplishable... $4$ I'd imagine you could do 2 Endeavor's for 3 PtE

17. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (355) Texas Aug 13, 2010

I'm sure the first batch will fly off the shelves. Which is good for me as most beers just linger on the shelves for months(years).

As for how tradeable it will be, I'm extra-ing all the bottles I buy to trade partners.

18. canadianghetto

Yeah I do think that trade could get done, but I was more speaking like people would be going nuts with ISO and offering up rare stuff to get a taste. I too will be throwing this in a lot of trades either as extras or suggesting it to be included to get the dollars to match up etc. Does anyone know the price this will be going for? I would guess $7-8, but it could be more.

19. miikezombie

I'm hoping for $10 so I can trade 3 straight up for a Black Tuesday.

jl28r1, Krumb and BdubleEdubleRUN like this.
  20. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

I'm glad you proposed this theory, now I don't feel crazy offering up 3 twelve packs of bud light platinum for one. You are indeed a pioneer in the beer trading world!

21. miikezombie

Consider me a Lewis and Clark of beer trading.

22. WickedSluggy

WickedSluggy Savant (435) Texas Nov 21, 2008

Hoarding IIPAs is like hoarding milk.

23. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

People will still hoard it. And it is DR11 which held up amazingly well. Since Pumpkinator sold out in about two hours in most places with a 2-3 bottle limit, 60 percent more means I will have about six hours to beat the hoarders. I hate release days. Nothing but stress.

24. miikezombie

I may make a castle out of all the Endeavor cases I buy. It will go nice with my throne/chair of BBXXIII cases. Either way it will soon trade straight up with Izzy.

Edit: I probably won't even buy 4 bottles.

25. LadyOfMuchBeer

If anyone is looking for a pint off tap, until 8 pm, tomorrow the Hay Merchant will have $3 pints of endeavor. Yummm.

UHCougar12 likes this.
  26. PhatAtUT

PhatAtUT Advocate (545) Texas Jul 31, 2009

saint arnold's website/facebook posting today about the release stated that the suggested retail price is $5.99.

UHCougar12 and Krumb like this.
  27. miikezombie

That's very good news.

28. WickedSluggy

I don't think DR11 was the type of beer that holds up well at all with age. It was characterized by lots of bright hops flavor that did not last but a few weeks. Whether or not you liked it after that flavor faded is a matter of personal taste, but faded hops is not what draws the typical IPA lover to these beers. I'll put it this way - I am a big Pliny fan, but I wouldn't give you much more than a dollar for a PtE that was ten weeks old. I say, "Drink it, trade it, or give it away."

29. Walden97

Walden97 Aficionado (120) Texas Mar 31, 2011

I agree with this. I recently found a DR11 hidden in my fridge and I didnt care for it. It lost quite a bit of the hops that made me love it in the first place. I'm glad SA is doing this year round so I can get it fresh.

30. Kevin_HayMerchant

Kevin_HayMerchant Zealot (75) Feb 27, 2012

I can't wait to get the kegs in the bar tomorrow. As a thank you to all the BA support we have been getting and all the love i have for St. ARN I going to sell pints for $3 and 64oz growler fills for $10 until 8pm or we're out whatever comes first.

LadyOfMuchBeer and PhatAtUT like this.
  31. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (550) Texas Apr 26, 2007

Just got word that we (Gabriel's) ordered 20 cases. Price is $6.31 credit, $5.99 cash/debit/check.

32. LadyOfMuchBeer

I do know the typical IPA lover only wants fresh IPAs. I love IPAs myself. I haven't had one for a couple months(DR11), but I had one around Christmas and was surprised at how the hop profile held up. Storing beer TOO cold can also cause bad chemistry sometimes, just like it getting TOO hot. Forcing molecules one way or the other is not what we want to do with our beer. The only purpose for keeping a non-fresh IPA in my cellar is for later comparison/experimentation. Sometimes I have an itch to take one out and visit with it a while(referring to consumption here). I would NEVER trade or sell them. May throw in as an extra if someone wants it knowing the age of it. I do look forward to drinking it side by side with the endeavor.

33. LadyOfMuchBeer

Here is the thing. We are always told by Saint Arnold that there will be enough to go around. There is NEVER enough to come close to going around. By year round, from what I understand there are two batches going out this year, and much less volume than the typical "year round" offering? If I am wrong, and I am open to being corrected, I don't see this being easy to find next week, or anytime until that next batch(and who knows if it will be the same size or not). Us who live in and around Houston, chasing Saint Arnold special releases know what it is going to be like chasing after it on release date.

34. LadyOfMuchBeer

With a great price point like that, I am hoping it is like Sailing Santa. There was plenty of that around and I was happy to drink it.

35. awinkro

awinkro Savant (285) Texas Oct 15, 2008

Year round means, you will find it on shelves all year round. Endeavour has been brewed multiple times already since the beginning of 2012. You will be able to find it on the shelves. I wouldnt be surprised if the release tomorrow goes quick, but be patient. Like I said, there will be plenty. Not sure where you heard there was only two batches.

And if you're wondering, it's awesome.

36. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (415) Texas Dec 15, 2010

Yes, please enlighten us on where you got that it'll only be made in two batches. Unless Brock and the folks over at SA have changed the definition of the term "year round", I'm getting that it'll be plentiful. Jeez, people really do start hitting the panic button the closer an anticipated release comes. It's just beer, people. Relax! Even if you only get a couple bottles upon it's release... "life" will still go on, ya know.

37. miikezombie

I just hope I can find it "fresh" on shelves locally in 6 months. Unlike every other IPA released in Podunk.

38. WickedSluggy

If they don't use a "bottled on" date, I'll be buying plenty of the first batch, knowing that it's fresh, but I probably will look right past it from then on.

39. LadyOfMuchBeer

Let me see what I find today out and about on the beer hunt. I will try to bring a couple bottles with me Saturday to share with the outside Texans.

40. LadyOfMuchBeer

I panic because I want to try something, not because I am worried I am only going to get a couple bottles, I am hoping to find at least one! I will try to find the article I read it in. It wasn't just that I heard it from someone, May have been that it was going to have two release dates this year?? Shall go digging in my history, pretty sure it was online..... I love Saint Arnold, and I am not trying to give anyone grief. I guess I was a little aggravated when I got a direct message that Pumpkinator will be readily available "everywhere that carries Saint Arnold beer", and it was far from available all the places I went, but I don't hold it against anyone, I will just be better prepared from then on.