1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Endeavor launch

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by SweetBooze73, Feb 26, 2012.

1. bentwookie

bentwookie Initiate (0) Texas Jan 13, 2008

I've never seen the 4/06 and I find 2/27 more frequently than the 3/16.
    I did find some nice 5/15/12 Deviant Dales earlier this week. Yum
  2. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (355) Texas Dec 28, 2011

I can't seem to find any more recent than 03/16
  3. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

Good retailers will rotate their stock. Gabriel's has the 4/06, but it won't be put on the shelf until the older batches are depleted.
  4. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

Unfortunately, just because someone sells craft beer does not mean they have knowledge. These people do not know how crucial it is for this beer to be fresh.
  5. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

As much as many retailers would love to make old beer magically vanish and be replaced with fresh stuff, this isn't always possible. In the case of Endeavour (in certain markets), it may happen at some point. Silver Eagle is pretty good about swapping out old product for new stuff. Though their definition of "fresh" isn't always the same as ours. Ben E Keith (the largest craft distributor in TX, and the carrier of Endeavor for markets north of us), on the other hand, doesn't swap out product, PERIOD. And retailers can't just pull old product and let it sit in the back. We have to sell it. That's why the freshest batch of Endeavour hasn't been spotted on shelves anywhere.