1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Enjoy By 12-21-12

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by azdback, Oct 24, 2012.

1. azdback

azdback Member

I just saw that Arizona will be getting Stone Enjoy By 12-21-12 IPA. I can't wait to see what the buzz is all about.
  2. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Member

Texas will get it early Jan. ;-)
    AHood and pjs234 like this.
  3. Ford

Ford Member

Then I can't enjoy it by 12-21-12! ha:D :(
  4. mindswoop

mindswoop Member

If you're hoping for something like Ruination 10, you will be vastly disappointed. It's a good IPA, but nothing fantastic.
    BeerSocrates12 likes this.
  5. Lutter

Lutter Member

I wish they'd make Ruination 10 a year-round or at least a seasonal.

Goddamn was that a wonderful beer.
  6. ColdPoncho

ColdPoncho Member

If I may offer my opinion, it's superior to Ruination 10th. We got enjoy by 11/04 or something in Ohio. I suppose there may be batch to batch variation, but it's good. Look forward to it.
    bentwookie likes this.
  7. evilc

evilc Member

Enjoy By was the best Stone beer I have ever had. Tasted like an Alpine IPA.
    jrnyc likes this.
  8. wsnich

wsnich Member

I had the first one the day it was released at Stone in Escondido. It is, by far, the best IPA I've ever had.
    TheHopBuddha likes this.
  9. haruspexvic

haruspexvic Member

I had the first one released in the summer and it was incredible
  10. jakesingleton

jakesingleton Member

I don't see anything on the Stone website indicating when it will be released in AZ? Any more details? source?
  11. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Member

Your palate has been wrecked by way to many BCBS long live Abrasive
  12. bentwookie

bentwookie Member

Man, I had it at GABF and I thought it was really good. Would like to do a side by side with R10.
  13. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

I liked it a lot and would buy it again, but in no way was this even close to the top of the line IIPA in my opinion.

I think it'd be cool to have the end of the world bottle. :)
  14. bentwookie

bentwookie Member

I wonder when this will hit stores....
    [​IMG]
  15. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Knowing our distributors, some time around 12/22.....
    UHCougar12, vcolaizzi, pawpaw and 2 others like this.
  16. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

IF the same schedule from Enjoy by 9-21 is going to be repeated, they got the beer on 8-27 after it was bottled the Friday before 8-24. My best guess is it will show up everywhere on 11-26.
  17. bentwookie

bentwookie Member

Yeah, I know we usually get stuff late but I feel like Stone wouldn't release this particular beer to Texas if they didn't have assurances that it would be distributed in a timely fashion. maybe I am giving everyone involved too much credit.
    Can't wait though. I love this beer.
  18. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Ironically, right after reading this thread, I saw a tweet from Stone saying that its on its way to 10 states, TX being one of them. So I'd imagine its gonna drop soon.

STONE ENJOY BY 12.21.12 IPA IS ON ITS WAY!
    That's right...a new wave of vibrant freshness and incredible hoppiness will soon be washing over the country and pooling up in the following territories for purchase by those seeking the ultimate in instant beery gratification.

Stone Enjoy By 12.21.12 IPA is coming to: Southern California, Central Coast California, Northern California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Jersey, New York City & Texas!
  19. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

I got to try an Enjoy By 11/09 a few days ago and it was good but didn't wow me. Had a feeling that it had already fell out of balance. Was kind of "catty" and had an off finish. That said I will be seeking out 12/21 and drinking it right away!
  20. BK1017

BK1017 Member

If they're using simcoe as a major hop addition, that may be the cause of the catty or cat-piss like flavors. No joke. I think much like cilantro, people love or hate that particular hop.

BK
    BgThang likes this.
  21. kmello69

kmello69 Member

AND there's another reason I rarely drink IPA's.... :eek:
    blatherbeard and BK1017 like this.
  22. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

23. Lutter

Lutter Member

WTF... if this is Drink by 12/21, this needs to be on the shelves like 2 weeks ago.
  24. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

This beer only has a 3 week shelf life, so its nothing to worry about.
  25. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

I've had some Simcoe beers that are great and others not so much. Had the Simcoe pale ale from Hill Farmstead and had no off flavors. I think it depends how fresh it is for simcoe, and falls apart after sometime.
  26. MilkManX

MilkManX Member

Anyone in AZ spot this yet?
  27. jrnyc

jrnyc Member

Same exact thing I thought , if I didn't know any better I would have thought this was an Alpine beer. Great beer, I love this stuff. I think I liked Ruination 10 better.

I have always liked Stone, but Ruination 10 and this one turning me into a real fan boy of Stone.
  28. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

Drinking this back to back with Super IPA, I didn't get Alpine at all from the Enjoy By. :oops:
  29. jrnyc

jrnyc Member

I love Alpine, but didnt like Super IPA at all. Didnt taste like the Alpine beers I love. Have you had other Alpine beers?
  30. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Member

Super IPA is not really like other Alpine IPAs. Well I haven't had Pure Hoppiness or Exponential Hoppiness. Super IPA is a great beer in its own right and best hoppy beer that New Belgium has made.
  31. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

No, but I've heard that the Super was similar in style. Maybe I was fed misinformation. I've been trying for a while to trade for some Alpine, but nobody from Cali will send any. lol

The Enjoy by was good, just not quite in the great category for me.
  32. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

I think it's the best because Alpine showed them how to do it. lol

*This post is speculation since upon tasting it didn't seem like anything that NB was capable of doing without massive help
    canadianghetto likes this.
  33. kmello69

kmello69 Member

I just read on their blog that this beer is bottled 35 days before the date on the bottle. My math skills aren't the best, but that would mean that the 12/21 wouldnt even be bottled until 11/17, right?
  34. Lutter

Lutter Member

Super IPA has also gone over the cliff in freshness. I almost shed a tear with the last bottle I drank because it had already started to go. Hopefully they make more next year.
  35. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Member

How are we supposed to enjoy that beer if its the end of the world!!?!?!?
    BK1017 likes this.
  36. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

Might as well be drunk... ;)
    blatherbeard likes this.
  37. BgThang

BgThang Member

You sir are correct. also citra this past harvest had a big cat pee flavor.
  38. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Member

My math puts it on the bottling line on the 14th, on a truck on the 15th, and on shelves on the 16th. Now let's see if that last part actually happens. ;)
  39. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Member

Ill be drunk, playing videogames while "being with the wife" if theres even a chance of the world ending.

Now thats going out in STYLE. ;)
    pwsoldier likes this.
  40. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Member

Trifecta!