1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Enjoy By 4-1-13 April Fools. . . .or not.

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by dcgunman, Feb 15, 2013.

1. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Got 5 bombers today.
    Zhiguli likes this.
  2. Just cracked my first bottle right now, and definitely agree that the fruity and citrus hop flavors aren't as bright. Other than that, it's still Damn delicious.
  3. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

I'm just wrapping up a growler and I think it's fantastic.
  4. ryno09

ryno09 Savant (285) California May 1, 2010

Yep, it's slightly different every batch (they switch up the hops a bit). This batch has less tropical character but it's still damn good, up there with the first batch (and I've had them all).
  5. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

I'm a whore for tropical IPAs. This batch didn't get me off like the last two.
  6. I had a bottle this evening, and I concur. My least favorite batch so far. It seems like they went for the "funk", but it didn't have the hop bang to balance it. My favorite batch was either the first or the last one (fourth).
    jtmartino likes this.
  7. My local Von's in San Diego had plenty of Enjoy By this evening, for what it's worth. Whole Foods had a bunch, too, both at $5.99. Not hard to find anywhere in San Diego, I think.
  8. It's the same recipe. Though I hear that it uses whatever hop varietals are available.

So I guess it will vary.
  9. pinkgrenade

pinkgrenade Savant (250) California Aug 19, 2011

its the same recipe
  10. tyrsis

tyrsis Savant (360) California Mar 13, 2009

This is like when people swear that Celebration has spices in it
    pinkgrenade likes this.
  11. afrokaze

afrokaze Advocate (620) California Jun 12, 2009

The batches definitely haven't been identical. Didn't like batch 1 at all, batch 3 was incredible but more aromatic, this one is a nice mango/peach and resin/dank balance IMO. I'll be sad once we tap out of it!
  12. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Aficionado (235) California Jul 12, 2012

Would that include pavilions ?

Really great beer imo. On my third bomber
  13. Not sure on that. He just said vons. But it never hurts to look.
  14. Zhiguli

Zhiguli Aficionado (235) California Jul 12, 2012

The batches aren't identical.... There is some hop profile variation....ooh the horror