Europe Trip

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Duesler, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Duesler

Duesler Savant (355) Connecticut Oct 30, 2012

I'm going on a two week vacation in August and I am landing and leaving from Paris, but the rest is open ended. What breweries do I NEED to visit, what beers do I NEED to try etc. I am still making my itenterary, so your input is invaluable to me.

Thanks so much.

2. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (655) Florida Apr 13, 2011

Might help to state your favorite styles of beer, who will be with you and your other interests while traveling IOT provide you with any sort of valuable recommendation(s). Otherwise, you'll be bombarded with the usual Belgian and German breweries, which may or may not apply.

3. Duesler

Duesler Savant (355) Connecticut Oct 30, 2012

Thanks for the advice! I am both interested in beers I like (hop-forward beers) and historical or unavailable ones (cantillon etc). I am still a novice in the beer world and am looking to try anything.

4. kojevergas

kojevergas Champion (915) Texas Aug 15, 2010

Visit Cantillon, De Struise, and Westvleteren. Train travel around Belgium is extremely cheap, and so is the beer. Be sure to try Guinness Special Export (John Martin) while in Belgium. Finer beer stores in France also carry it.

5. Lots of great things going on in the Italian craft scene, northern Italy especially. Baladin is (relatively) close to the French border, plus they have a bed and breakfast a couple blocks from their brewery (that I am hoping to hit up at the end of the year) called Casa Baladin. Going east from there, Brewfist makes some killer brews, including some nice IPAs, they are outside of Milan. Then a bit further south near Parma is del Ducato, who are also excellent. I haven't visited the actual breweries, but had a lot of their beers while in Italy, and was thoroughly impressed.

6. Denmark, Sweden, and Finland have pretty awesome beer scenes from what I've experienced there.

7. pixieskid

pixieskid Advocate (660) Germany Jun 4, 2009