1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Evansville BA's lets see if your here

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Snowrs, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Snowrs

Snowrs Savant (380) Indiana Oct 10, 2009

OK we are now in what I would consider the infancy of a beer culture here in Evansville, I feel for a while it has been dead down hear and I feel a heart beat so lets see who is down here and lets start getting organized and see if we can't start making changes down here.

We could set up local trades, to let people taste stuff from our travels, group buys. Set up specific buys from retailers to show appreaciation and try and influence distributors as a whole that we do matter down here and maybe get some other stuff down here.

So speak up and lets see who is on here. We also have Evansville Beer Tracker on FB where some of us are also active.
  2. Alcorn

Alcorn Aficionado (130) Nov 26, 2012

3. drevim

drevim Aficionado (180) Indiana Oct 12, 2012

You know I'm in.
  4. Arherring

Arherring Aficionado (235) Indiana Nov 10, 2009

Go Evansville!
    headyhopzhead likes this.
  5. mattboyer182

mattboyer182 Savant (280) Indiana Jul 4, 2010

Let me know if you have any plans. Im in
  6. JoeChristmas

JoeChristmas Aspirant (40) Indiana Mar 27, 2011

I would be interested in meeting, trading, etc...
  7. bookerandy

bookerandy Savant (260) Indiana May 6, 2012

8. Snowrs

Is this really all of us? I guess I figured there would be more. Well since there is so few, if we found a good place to meet we could do a small bottle share, I could break into a 50/50 Eclipse or something similar.
  9. Snowrs

But anyone local that would like some Zombie dust that is getting a bit long on the tooth, but still delicious I have 2.5 Sixers that need good homes.
    drevim likes this.
  10. drevim

Only made it through 9 of those from the case?

I think a get together would be great. I know I have a couple more locals on Untappd that aren't on here or haven't checked in. I'll see if I can't get them to jump in.

PS - if this is the same Zombie Dust, it is still quite tasty.
    Snowrs likes this.
  11. Snowrs

Yeah Nov and december were not good months to devour a whole case of anythin, to many releases and beers given to me. They are still great I had two last night. I will work through them, just figured I would share if people wanted some.
    fishtremble and drevim like this.
  12. Thanks Ian for the link. Sounds like a great Idea! Let's do this, actions speak louder than words.
    drevim likes this.
  13. Maybe it's just me, but ZD seems to fade very quickly!
  14. Snowrs

I can say it fades a bit but is still the best APA after 2 months, I had fresh and did a side by side last week.
  15. Very nice. No APA or IPA ever last that long around here!
  16. modern

modern Aficionado (210) Ohio May 31, 2012

ok, I need the straight dope on Tinman. Someone from evansville want to find out what beer thats brewing in columbus ohio is like? Tinman is the coolest sounding brewery I have read about in a while. Lets get some Columbus for Evansville trades done.

(I love their graphic design, I hope their beer is as good)
  17. drevim

Unfortunately they aren't doing growlers yet, unless Andrew says otherwise. Mixed reviews, but I like their philosophy. Doing 3 tiers of beers, intro (which is available now), mid, and advanced for the connoisseur, plus special runs. We will see how it goes, but for the crowds, I think Tin Man will be here to stay.
  18. joelangerak

joelangerak Disciple (55) Indiana Jan 24, 2010

Thanks to Ian for putting me on notice of this thread. Longtime BA subscriber, but I don't get on the BA website often. I would be interested in getting organized. Bottle share, etc...

I live in Evansville but grew up and my immediate family all still live in Grand Rapids, MI. As a result, I get the opportunity to go back pretty often to hit some GR and surrounding area breweries pretty regularly (Vivant, Founders, Bells, etc...) and also pick up some stuff we can't often get in Evansville/Indiana. That could be ripe for a group buy on some stuff that we might not find as easily down here.

Regardless, I have some other guys who are beer heads that would certainly be interested in organizing. Keep me posted on where it goes.
    craft_shannie, Snowrs and drevim like this.
  19. Well, their philosophy may be okay, but the beer so far is absolutely the worst I've ever tasted (and my wife feels the same). Hopefully, when I visit the area next holiday season, it will be a bit better.
    headyhopzhead and craft_shannie like this.
  20. Snowrs

I am going to let Tin Man get their legs under them before I make a judgement, but calling us beer snobs and miss leading people on what a pilsner is has left me skeptical.
    craft_shannie, drevim and Chaney like this.
  21. Snowrs

Ok does anyone have an idea of a venue that would be OK with us bringing our own bottles? If not I can start to work on my wife about letting me host one. There would be a person limit on that my house is small.
  22. drevim

I have been tossing around the same thought, Ryan. I was hoping some of you more long term BAs would have done a bottle carry in before. I've never seen anyone carry into a restaurant. Plenty of places to sit and drink, but not any to drink our own.
  23. Snowrs

I will speak to the Boss tonight and she what she says.