1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Ever periodically lose interest in beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Derranged, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Yeah, I have had the same thing happen many times. It usually last about 4-6 weeks during the summer when I go back to drinking lighter beers. All it takes is a beer fest to get me back in the swing, but it does happen. Sometimes I do so much reading about beer, searching for beers, etc, that it feels like work and then I know I need to cool it to keep my passion healthy and alive.

2. BlindSalimander

BlindSalimander Savant (250) Texas Aug 16, 2010

Yeah, who doesn't love a good vodka, gin, whisky, tequila or rum based cocktail from time to time. Man cannot live by beer alone.

JxExM likes this.
  3. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (555) California Dec 12, 2009

I lose interest for about a week, then I fiend for beer!!!

4. Porkhustle

Porkhustle Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2012

No, but during the winter my bourbon and rye intake increases, at the cost of drinking less beer.

That said, I just left a massive beer store filled with gems and simply walked out with a 4 pack of 2011 Founders Imperial...which must indicate that I'm a little bored. Feel like I've had my winter fill already and I'm longing for Spring maibocks.

5. joeebbs

joeebbs Savant (360) Pennsylvania Apr 29, 2009

I haven't lost interest in beer. But I have lost interest in acquiring expensive bottles.

6. Not since I started drinking good beer. I drank a lot of AAL beers from 16-21, then I didn't drink at all for three or four year. It wasn't a conscious decision I just would prefer to smoke some weed. Then I drank a newcastle at a party and though "hey! This is pretty good!".i never really like beer when I was a kid, I just wanted to get drunk. From there I started seeking out darker beers, and heffewiezens. That gradually led me to tryin anything.

Newcastle is not a go to for me anymore, but when I go out with friends, sometimes that's the best thing available at dives and restaurants, so that's what I get. And to be truthful, I still enjoy the taste of that beer!

7. Bored? Madness.

8. I'm in the same boat, i like dipa's but all the carbs are getting to my scale. So i've toned it down and am reenergized on german hefeweizens. Forgot how much i appreciate the hefe's.

9. I will say I never lose interest in craft but I do go in cycles (I beleive they call it manic hahaha) where I am on Advocate, trading, chasing whats new to other times where I am tired of the chase and just not as interested in it as a "hobby"