Everything Freetail

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by atxdelivery, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (615) Texas Nov 20, 2011

:)

2. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (425) Texas Dec 15, 2010

you "get" me... :).

3. cfh64

cfh64 Champion (750) Texas Aug 16, 2005

Huh...thats news to me. I'd love to say we could carpool but we'll be headed to Htown the next day.

4. raffy313

raffy313 Savant (425) Texas Dec 15, 2010

You're a gem for thinking of me, Brad ;)... but didn't mean to imply we could share a ride. If we're able to make it down for this(and at this point, that's still a huge "IF"), the wife and I would probably make a weekend out of it with the main stay in Austin. It's been awhile since we've hit the Austin scene, but love everytime we've been.

Some time down the road, though... we DO need to make a "dudes only" road trip somewhere... ;).

5. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (515) Nevada Jan 20, 2010

I'm exited about the stout!

6. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (430) Texas Sep 30, 2007

Ill be staying home, but im working anyway. The mrs is throwing an end of the world party so i should probably attend. ;)

7. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Savant (475) Texas Aug 16, 2012

Your Last Beer Imperial Porter

ABV AND IBU VARIES
    So as it would turn out, the world is ending. Might as well have one last beer! We're making this special Coco Guate Imperial Porter with Mayan Coffee Beans to... uh, celebrate (?) the demise of planet earth. On draft only, released on 12.21.12 in concert with our End of the World Party. In the event the world DOESN'T end, at least we'll be able to drink more the next day.

Ford likes this.
  8. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (515) Nevada Jan 20, 2010

Thought it was a stout? With coco guate, vanilla, cinnamon, chiles and coffee.

9. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (485) Texas Mar 12, 2012

I might drive down Saturday morning. It's the last day of the semester and work year at TCU (eerie or IRE that's it's the same day as the EotW) and I'm not coming back til Jan 7th...that is as long as those silly Mayan aren't right (or our interpretations of their legends are correct).

regardless I will have my thumb out and a towel around my neck just in case.

10. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (495) Texas Oct 15, 2011

I will be in SA around Christmas, so the best I can hope for is some leftovers. Interested to try Your Last Beer.

I have to say that Freetail is killing it with spiced beers recently. Between Four and RealTail 2012 they have done a great job with bringing in spices that compliment the beer and dont overwhelm the base.

LadyOfMuchBeer likes this.
  11. TxUltraRunner

Not according to their website.

12. mhenson42

Don't panic!

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  13. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (380) Texas Aug 13, 2010

14. TxUltraRunner

Buffalo Brewing brewed a pistachio cream ale that was out of this world amazing. Certainly hope they brew it again. Best beer of the night at their beer dinner at Rockwells.

15. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (380) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Old Bat Rastard and Soul Doubt bottles will released this Saturday.

16. Grendle

Grendle Aficionado (240) Texas Apr 11, 2012

On my way for those bottles and lunch.

17. TxUltraRunner

Save some for me! I'll be there next Friday!! Liquid courage before running a 100K race the next day.

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  18. mhenson42

Tried Vanilla Four today while I was in picking up bottles. Very tasty. I liked it alot more than the original version.

19. TxUltraRunner

Was there Friday - had Soul Doubt and End of the World Porter. Soul Doubt was a bit too citrusy up front, a lot of grapefruit. EOTWP was full of good spice flavor - the kind of beer you sip by the fire. Picked up a bottle of Realtail 2012.

20. This Saturday: Winter Porterfest. Torpor porter, chipotle, cherry, coffee, vanilla, and oak'd porters as well. Draft only.

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  21. H0rnedFr0gs

You happen to know what's in bottles right now? We are heading to JK and I'm torn on driving down Sunday to pick up a load

22. canadianghetto

23. H0rnedFr0gs

I do know this but it appears that the info is incorrect or at least misleading (leading me to wonder how accurate it is). Under the description for the EotW Porter it states its draft only but listed on the bottle list.

24. boogercrack

boogercrack Savant (385) Texas May 24, 2012

Has there been any word on ananke release event date yet? i feel like i should make a trip down there at some point, and what the hell, why not then?

i require meticulous planning. :rolleyes:

forgive me if it's something like "every year on the 2nd saturday of april" or something like that. i haven't lived in this area long.

25. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (585) Texas Apr 26, 2007

Ananke is released when it's ready to come out of the barrels, which makes release schedules a bit unpredictable (you can't rush art, after all).

26. TxUltraRunner

I was there two weeks ago and all they had was Soul Doubt and Realtail 2012. Realtail wasn't all that great. Soul Doubt was tasty. Definitely get the End of the World Porter. If the end of the world happened I'd be ok with it if I had a glass of that.

27. I was there last week and what they have on their site is accurate other than they do have Soul Doubt and Realtail 2012 like ^ said. Also, the Four they had left was fairly limited.

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  28. H0rnedFr0gs

Initially tried to view the link on my Iphone...now viewing it on a laptop I can see there is no confusion. Damn Iphone browser doesn't work perfectly with some of the more advanced websites. (need to download the app instead)

29. canadianghetto

I have the app and while it is good, it doesn't show what bottles they have as far as I can tell.

30. H0rnedFr0gs

Any of you SA locals got any intel on some sour goodness coming from the Freetail team?

Daddy needs a few more cases to get him thru the spring

31. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

Only hearing the crickets, I think Daddy is gonna have to wait a bit. ;-)

cfh64 likes this.
  32. H0rnedFr0gs

BAH! Half tempted to raid Glenn's stash if only Corpus wasn't like a billion f-ing miles away. I asked as much to bump this thread above the Everything Shiner thread...

Speaking of which I kinda want to start a Everything Lone Star thread. Honestly I'd drink Lone Star over Shiner anyway

jl28r1 likes this.
  33. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

The last time I saw inside the trunk of Glen's car, there was a straightjacket in there (honest to God!) Don't fuck with that guy he's not to be trusted!

34. H0rnedFr0gs

Normally if you see in the back of Glenn's truck it meant you were soon to be a cadaverous mo-fo, so just feel thankful (delivered in my best Sam Jackson voice)

jl28r1 likes this.
  35. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (475) Texas Feb 13, 2007

I... I dont think ... I dont think we can be friends anymore.

36. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (585) Texas Apr 26, 2007

MAYBE Ananke in April. I've also heard rumblings of a sour version of their pumpkin saison coming soon, but I'm not sure if they're bottling it. As far as I know, the next bottled beer is going to be Echolocator.

H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  37. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Matt is a Pabst guy.

He originally was going to make his name mattispabstdrinker. He changed his mind...

38. H0rnedFr0gs

Thanks for the info. It's nice to have some locals who can stay up to date on 'Tails happenings. And a sour pumpkin Saison is perhaps worth the drive alone even on draft.

Me and the Mrs are planning on popping our first bottle of Fortuna from last year on VDay along with the last R Ananke (unless someone wants to trade me some...please...pretty please). Any suggestions on a food pairing?

39. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (475) Texas Feb 13, 2007

That comment makes me need to take a shit. When I flush, eventually that turd ends up in the trinity and floats its happy ass down to Houston. Drink up, you're drinking my ass! ;)

In other words I hate Pabst just a little bit. Uptown dbags ruined it for me long long ago.

Shiner puts out far better products than lone star btw. I'd rather drink Pabst and we all now know how I feel about that crap.

40. H0rnedFr0gs

But Shiner has never navigated me down the river...sorry Lone Star is at least nostalgic for me. PBR isn't half bad is presented with shit else and is $2.

We all dumpster dive....it's time to admit it.

I apologize for tainting the Tail waters with the filth that is fecal fermented beverage (read:Shiner,PBR,Lone Star, and the like)

Edit:I used taint, tail, and fecal on purpose ;)

mattisloco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.