1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Everything Freetail

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by atxdelivery, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

La Muerta + whatever they happen to have in the cooler at the time.

In the past, they haven't added any other bottles to the La Muerta release, but they may change that since this is the first year that they have a real bottling line.
  2. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (335) Texas Aug 13, 2010

Around 800 bottles last year. You were allowed 4 and then they restarted the line with a limit of 6.
  3. Grendle

Grendle Aficionado (220) Texas Apr 11, 2012

It takes skills to be a heel. Any jabroni can be a babyface. Now bring out the foreign object!
    davey likes this.
  4. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (420) Texas Sep 30, 2007

And on another note, i may have some homebrew to also bring, along with my daughter who is excited to learn more about craft beer from Y'all.

and remember kids, guns dont kill people, dads do.
  5. Homeslices and homeslicettes:

Thanks for the thread. It means a lot to this old dude. To answer a few questions, Peche'cus is no longer on tap. You can always see what's on tap at the moment (and what has been brewed and is currently fermenting, and what is in bottles) by heading to our website and clicking the "Available Now" drop down.

On La Muerta: last year we did 750 bottles. This year we will do more, but not exactly sure yet. As Scotty mentioned above, we just brewed it today so we'll get a better feel in a few weeks. We can only get about 6 barrels per batch, because our mash tun maxes out at 1000 lbs of grain. We've been doing a double batch the last few years to get more volume and will be doing the same again this year. The problem is that as we increase the bottle count, that naturally means there is left for draught. So, we need to find the right number of bottles that will allow us to have it on tap at least through November and still have a couple of kegs to save for future events.

Cheers,

Scott M.
  6. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Under a month now. Beer fermenting. Bottle share revving up. My O face is showing.
    dumptruck81 likes this.
  7. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (500) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Also, the Freetail app is now available.
    mattisloco likes this.
  8. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (500) Texas Jan 20, 2010

So you're bring a bottle of (512) Double Pecan, homebrew, AND your daughter? Also some sort of firearm I assume.

Is it too soon to start calling you Dad?
    mattisloco and sliverX like this.
  9. blatherbeard

Nah, dont NEED a firearm. *stares at stark blankly*

;P)
    starkmarvelo likes this.
  10. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Aficionado (235) Texas Aug 28, 2010

Ill be part of your make shift beer family, I could use an uncle and a little brother. On a side note will one of you techies start a Google docs for the beer share?
  11. BgThang

BgThang Savant (435) Texas Dec 23, 2007

Bring on the barrel aged la muerta! :)
    blatherbeard likes this.
  12. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (550) Texas Nov 20, 2011

I just edited the 9/15 release sheet to be used for the La Muerta release. I started with two bottles I'm pretty sure I'll bring - will add a few more as the time nears.....

Freetail Nov. 3 - La Muerta Release Bottle Share List
  13. blatherbeard

Added in my 2 cents.
  14. pwsoldier

I can't help feeling that we sometimes alienate miikezombie with our fancy-pants bottle shares. I think we should make him feel at home with a round of Edward 40-hands. I have contributed to the list accordingly.
  15. jamescain

jamescain Advocate (650) Texas Jul 14, 2009

Only if you trash bag blend whatever you're bringing will he truly feel at home
    Texasfan549 likes this.
  16. atxdelivery

In prison they call this "spread".
  17. miikezombie

Unless a miracle happens, I won't be there. Either way, duly noted. I will remember that next time I send out a bm saying FT: Reserve Society exclusives ISO Tx locals.
  18. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (475) Texas Oct 15, 2011

Not a fair trade unless you are offering Hoarders Society exclusives.
  19. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

He does!
  20. miikezombie

I'm generous not stupid.
  21. blatherbeard

Just for some info, im hoping the daughter is brining a friend as they both have no money and i can have 2 mules for sister sarah. ;) And, for the record, one mule would be for a friend who cant make it, and the second for any austinites that cant make it and would settle for 1 bottle or so.

and of course as always, its only if i actually get paid around that time as well. LOL
  22. atxdelivery

Who is planning on going down the night before or staying the day of? May try to set up a little tasting the night before or stay the night of getting in some trouble.
  23. H0rnedFr0gs

Think I'm going to stay the night before in Austin but that may change. If so, I'll let you know.
  24. mhenson42

Less than 3 weeks to go. Been enjoying Fresh Hop Da Truck 2 at a time in the meantime :) ....

[​IMG]
  25. Following
    [​IMG]freetailbrewing@freetailbrewing
    Batch 300 goes on tap today at noon: Hopothesis F. The theory of hopalicious luxury in liquid measure. Where will you be?
  26. canadianghetto

Hope they bottle some and release it on La Muerta Day!
    H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  27. canadianghetto

Also, I'm surprised that the anticipation for La Muerta Day is so low key unlike the Sour release. Do I need to pull some big guns out and put them down on the bottle share list???
  28. DonD

DonD Aficionado (240) Texas Jun 23, 2008

I'm hoping to make it up for La Muerta again. Been traveling a lot lately and have to fly to Dallas the next day, but I should still be able to do it.

Will be able to add another bottle or 2 to the list after I have my big tasting this weekend. Gotta see what's left after that. For now, I threw down some Heady and a HF Anna.
  29. pwsoldier

Sweet mother of Zeus, this Hopothesis is good. Easily the best one yet.
  30. jamescain

jamescain Advocate (650) Texas Jul 14, 2009

That's good because the last two were kind of meh
    nate8767 and texasclimber like this.
  31. SirWalkAbout

SirWalkAbout Savant (290) Texas Dec 6, 2011

Hoping my boss lets me take Sat off! ::crossing fingers::
  32. miikezombie

Buzz died down when I revealed I wasn't going to make it. It's just a theory, but it's a good one.
    Grendle and Texasfan549 like this.
  33. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzz...
    Texasfan549 likes this.
  34. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

It will be a shame not seeing your wonderful girlfriend......you, meh.
  35. H0rnedFr0gs

Was hoping to have a CCB Leon to share but dang of JK is taking their sweet time on Buddha (my CCB guy wants to pull a nice big trade for existing JK + Buddha and/or Funk)

Honestly I'm waiting to see what the weather is going to be like...if its mild I'll aim for more saisons and sour type things (maybe Art?). Also I'd love to bring a growler of something fun from a N Texas brewer.
  36. mhenson42

^if we are going Farmhouse, I can add a HF Clara to my list.

I don't care what the weather is, I'm always down for BA stouts/BWs.
  37. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

Saucer Houston tapped a cask at 6, but yeah, need some bottles.
  38. H0rnedFr0gs

I also have a couple Weyerbacher Whiskey Barrel and a B1 and 2 Signature Ale (I forget was that one released in Texas from De'Proef?)

Anyway I'll rummage around and piece together stuff to add this week
  39. miikezombie

We are a package deal. You dont get s'mores cups without dealing with me. The plant maintenance work is scheduled for completion on the 2nd. Conceivably I can make it, but I hate every last one of you.
    FUNKPhD likes this.
  40. mindswoop

mindswoop Aficionado (195) Texas Dec 22, 2011

I've never been to Freetail, but did get to try Fortuna Roja, Raspberry Ananke, and Porto Gallito at GABF. They are all fantastic and generated some buzz there! Wish they could distribute.
    mkurylko and canadianghetto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.