1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Everything Freetail

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by atxdelivery, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BgThang

BgThang Savant (435) Texas Dec 23, 2007

pretty tasty, not the grapefruity citrusy west coast style, but definitely good.
  2. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (420) Texas Sep 30, 2007

Fuck if i know, ask canadianghetto, i gave him mine for a krunkin punkin LOL
  3. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Aficionado (235) Texas Aug 28, 2010

Why was Dick so grumpy?
    thirdeye11 likes this.
  4. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Savant (490) Texas Jan 20, 2010

I don't know. I didn't talk to him personally be others told me he was cutting down every beer he tried.
  5. blatherbeard

And thanks for all the interest in La Muerta bottles, i believe the ones i picked up are now spoken for, if any fall through or i miscounted, ill post up here.

Thanks for playing the La Muerta home game ;)
  6. LadyOfMuchBeer

LadyOfMuchBeer Savant (380) Texas Apr 30, 2011

If anyone in Houston isn't able to get any, I have a few extras. ;)
    PaulUH likes this.
  7. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

Was that his real name? Huh, I just thought he stole Miikezombie's nametag.
  8. Ford

Ford Savant (470) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Would have been fun to drive up and try to get some La Muerta, but my daughter had two soccer games... stupid real life is always getting in the way of stuff... doh!
  9. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Don't let life interfere with your enjoyment of beer.....
    starkmarvelo likes this.
  10. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (550) Texas Nov 20, 2011

Had a great time yesterday. My wallet didn't. :D Thanks to everyone who shared some of their awesome beers with me. I still had over a dozen bottles in my cooler that we didn't get to in the bottle share. They'll make an appearance that the next one. :)
    bbadger likes this.
  11. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Savant (445) Texas Feb 3, 2009

Enjoyed the La Muerta release as always. This event is one of my favorites anywhere, not just in the state of Texas. I go to beer events everywhere, and the sense of community in the Texas craft beer circle is hard to match.

Thanks to everyone who showed up with amazing bottles, good food, and most importantly, my favorite part was just seeing and talking to so many passionate craft beer folks.

Cheers,
    Chad
    djd07, Show, blatherbeard and 3 others like this.
  12. I had a ton of fun. Really glad I went. We should do bottle shares every weekend. haha :p

@Blatherbeard it was really cool hanging out with your daugther and nephew. We were probably the only ones our age.
    blatherbeard likes this.
  13. starkmarvelo

Ditto.
  14. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

I double down on everyone's good time reports.

Insane beers to try (the best was Peche'cus..pretty pretty please bottle that stuff in massive quantity), amazing people, and a great staff. I'm so happy I've been able to do this twice. It rivals floating the river as best things to do in Texas.

It's very humbling to be part of something where everyone is smiling and laughing. I can't thank you all enough.

Cheers,
    Noah
  15. HopAG

HopAG Savant (475) Texas Sep 22, 2012

HI BUDDY :)

Also, how was the bottleshare? And the Freetail atmosphere!? Place sounds awesome!
    LadyOfMuchBeer likes this.
  16. LadyOfMuchBeer

The atmosphere really can't be beat. Everyone at Freetail is always so very warm and welcoming to us. Helps that I love the beers too, they do an amazing job.

Does anyone know what the beer was that they put out to share with us...I put dark something in my notes...not very legible. Scott had told me, I obviously didn't know how to transfer that by that point.

Also, I know I was much less sociable than usual. I was dead tired all day Saturday, so I apologize for not visiting more with those I am usually so excited to visit with.

If you are seriously looking for some just shoot me a message. I will be down in Houston at some point this week....
  17. starkmarvelo

There was a bottle of Three. That might have been it.
  18. thirdeye11

There was a small cooler at the back of the patio. I overheard Scott mention it, but I didn't try it and thus, sadly didn't take any notes. Looked like a jockey box setup with small keg.
  19. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Yeah, I didnt try it either, and someone from Freetail told me what it was, but I was not in a state of mind to remember what they said. Hopefully someone remembers!
  20. channels321

channels321 Savant (265) Texas Apr 16, 2012

it was some sort of a smoked beer I believe.
  21. starkmarvelo

I'm socked that no one remembers. It's not like we started drinking at 8am ;)
  22. H0rnedFr0gs

What were everyone else's favorite beers from the share?

The 3F blend was pretty spectacular and the blackberry sour was very tasty...that last table standing of sours was mind blowing
  23. Freetail's app says their 4th anniversary party weekend is Nov 23-25. I'm new to the area, anybody know what usually goes on that weekend?
    They're also having an End of the World Party 12/21, "The world might end, so we should probably drink all this epic beer. Stay tuned for details"
    LadyOfMuchBeer and Ford like this.
  24. blatherbeard

Hey hey HEY!! i didnt start til 840.
    starkmarvelo likes this.
  25. starkmarvelo

The Heady Topper was a surprise as was Robert the Bruce(thank you Highwine). The Sang Noir and DuClaw HERO was phenomenal (thanks Lady of Much Beer). Other notables for me were Pumpking, Zombie Dust, Tommy & Armand, Guava Grove and Raspberry Tart (Fart).
    HighWine and LadyOfMuchBeer like this.
  26. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Robert the Bruce was surprising? I'd be more surprised by a brewery only release. RtB is most everywhere that FFF distributes.

That said, almost any FFF beer would be a treat. :)
  27. H0rnedFr0gs

That was my first Zombie Dust. And damn it totally lives up to the hype. Was also very happy to try the (512) DPP and not have it explode.

Abner was also tasty on the hop end of the spectrum.

Man I'm kinda sad this is already over.
  28. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

ZD is great. I've got a bunch I need to get drinking!
  29. thirdeye11

Armand & Tommy was my favorite of the day by a longshot. What an awesome treat. I almost passed it up, thinking it was the regular Gueuze. Glad I looked more carefully!
  30. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

I love the fact that there were three world-class gueuzes there. Gueuze is my favorite style by far and they always steal the show. No DIPA or BBA Stout can match that level of complexity and craftsmanship.

Honorable mentions go to Zombie Dust (always a treat), Surly Wet, and Sang Noir.
    jamescain likes this.
  31. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

Do they bottle date ZD yet? It's always the pits to get one and the hops have faded...
  32. H0rnedFr0gs

Yes LadyofBeers gueuze was also outstanding...I almost couldn't drink it I loved the smell so much
  33. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

I love me some Hanssens lambics.
  34. thirdeye11

I didn't see a date on the bottle, and I looked. 3 Floyds has never dated their bottles, which I think is a mistake. I can never tell if Dreadnaught and others are fresh.
  35. atxdelivery

atxdelivery Aficionado (235) Texas Aug 28, 2010

I brought the ZD and although I have had a little fresher its still quite nice and I wish the bottles did have a born on date.
  36. LadyOfMuchBeer

I set my pour of the HERO down and lost it. Glad someone enjoyed it. lol

The Tommy and Armand was probably my number one of the day. I really enjoyed the mystery Freetail, hence me wanting to know what it was. My gueuze was the Hanssens, and honestly I enjoyed the other two a tad more.
  37. LadyOfMuchBeer

I have a Hannsens Kriek for next time. ;)
  38. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Initiate (0) Texas Oct 8, 2008

Who brought the A&T and what time was it opened? More importantly, how did I miss a pour of that?!?!
  39. H0rnedFr0gs

I forget who but it was opened fairly early....call it 9 to 930. About the same time both Marshal Z's were opened.
  40. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (335) Texas Aug 13, 2010

I believe it was texasfan from Houston and it was right before you got there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.