1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Everything Jester King

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by dumptruck81, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

You can't buy bottles at Jester King. HOWEVER you can walk 500 feet from the front door of Jester King to Stanley's Farmhouse Pizza, which is an outside restaurant directly next to the brewery... they sell a variety of bottles (and some pretty killer pizza as well).

Just double check that JK is doing tours that day (it IS right in the holidays) as Stanley's is only open on tour days.
  2. APreacher

APreacher Savant (260) California Jun 6, 2012

Thanks for the info, I will definitely make sure they are open before going.

Otherwise, I will be reporting back with questions like "Where can I buy limited JK beers" between Houston and Austin?
  3. cfrobrew

cfrobrew Savant (475) Texas Oct 9, 2012

Any word on when das uberkind! is going to hit Houston? Especially south east houston??
  4. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Savant (325) Texas Aug 22, 2012

According to others it hit Houston last week. I know I haven't seen any updates from my local bottle shops about it being on the South side of town.
  5. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

I think only D&Q had it last week. I think the others will be getting it soon (hopefully).
    Texas_Speed and Daemose like this.
  6. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Limited Jester King Beers never make it out our way (West Houston/Alief). Specs won't send anything unless the get huge quantities (last new thing we got was Gots). HEB over by me doesn't get any new Jester King.
  7. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

I'm sure it just doesn't sell much. They probably distribute it depending on the stores % of craft beer sales over everything else.
  8. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (335) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Uberkind in Austin today, any sightings from you early morning shoppers?
  9. omnigrits

omnigrits Savant (345) Texas Jun 1, 2006

Didn't see any at CM Westgate this morning and there wasn't anyone around to ask, but I have to go back tomorrow or Thursday.
  10. cmoody91

cmoody91 Savant (310) Illinois Mar 21, 2010

Just got a bottle of Batch 1 Boxers revenge. Was curious about dating, I was estimating March/April 2012. I have two bottles left from the June/July 2012 Batch 2. Does that sound about right?
  11. Daemose

Daemose Savant (450) Texas Oct 3, 2011

12. DanzBorin

It's funny you say that.

Kirkwood/Westheimer Specs has sold out of almost every limited release they get. The only Jester King that sits on the shelf is Mad Meg/Noble King/Drink'in/Wytchmaker. Pretty much the same thing that sits on every shelf.

Selling beer isn't a problem over here, it's just that certain things won't sell. Kind of like most other Specs.
  13. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

The batch 1's carbed much better now.
    bentwookie likes this.
  14. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (390) Texas Jun 28, 2010

Boxer's Revenge Batch 1 was bottled 12/27/11
    Boxer's Revenge Batch 2 was bottled on 4/20/12

On a side note, we think we may have finally figured out a way to do bottling dates on our bottles, which we've been wanting to have for a while.

Jeffrey Stuffings
    Jester King
    pawpaw, FUNKPhD, BeanBone and 3 others like this.
  15. DanzBorin

How would bottling date work being you bottle condition?

If you date by when it is bottled, it's hard for the average consumer to know when it hit the market.

Maybe a bottled and best by date?
    mattisloco likes this.
  16. Azzy

When you said Alief area I thought you were talking about southwest houston area. I think they stick to Couvasier and Hennessy in they area lol

Also Über things were going on at Specs Midtown
    Texasfan549 likes this.
  17. Azzy

Double post.
  18. DanzBorin

I'm at Harwin/Wilcrest, but it's a short drive over to the West/Kirk Specs. They sell through a lot of craft beer.

But we gangstahs like our Hennessy Dawg!

I've also lived over by UH which was a much scarier place. I doubt you'd find any craft beer at OST/Scott HEB. lol
  19. Daemose

Daemose Savant (450) Texas Oct 3, 2011

So you're saying they have Uberkind?
  20. BeanBone

How much do they have/bottle limit/price? Thanks.
  21. roostercogburn

roostercogburn Aspirant (30) Dec 13, 2012

for the plano folks, S&K and Mr. Gs got their Uberkind today. No word on bottle limit
  22. Azzy

Price was 15.99 and there was plenty on the shelves. Not sure how many cases came In, didn't see the limit sign yet but I grabbed 2 and I'm assuming that may be the limit as it always is with the lower distributed jester king, although Funk Metal had no signs last week. Also saw a bit of this left.
    BeanBone likes this.
  23. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (405) Texas Jun 6, 2012

Funk Metal is going to be a shelf beer if people just chill. They made plenty of it.
  24. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Any Uberkind sightings this week in Austin?
  25. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Nope...yet again Austin is going to be the last to see it. Makes total sense considering the brewery is local to Austin...?
  26. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (505) Texas Apr 13, 2010

But you guys get it on tap sooner than anywhere, as in, at the brewery. Life is so rough for you turds in Austin :p
  27. Lutter

Or just buy it... AT (err... quite near) the brewery like I did... 2 weeks ago during tour days.

I love that they self-distribute 500 feet from their door. I wonder if they have to physically put it in a TABC-certified van (legally) to get it over there or just get a hand truck, lol.
    FUNKPhD likes this.
  28. cmoody91

cmoody91 Savant (310) Illinois Mar 21, 2010

Jeff! Thanks for the reply and that's wonderful news about bottle dates! I love watching y'alls beers evolve over time and know what I'm buying when I do happen across your stuff here in Chicago or through trading. Looking forward to grabbing some more of your new stuff when I'm home in Houston soon.
    jesterkingbeer likes this.
  29. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (485) Texas Sep 7, 2004

That 500 ft. is the equivelant to no mans land. Probably in an armoured vehicle with armed guards. I know how you Austin hoarders are. ;)
  30. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

JK is a 45 minute drive from me in Round Rock, so I'd prefer to get it at a store than drive out there every time a beer comes out. Not that I don't love going out there, but I'd be going every 2 weeks the way they're pumping them out! :)
  31. AChamberlain

AChamberlain Savant (420) Texas Jun 6, 2006

Das Uberkind will be pouring at ABG's winter issue release party, along with a bunch of other beers.
    http://beeradvocate.com/events/info/58711
  32. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (500) Texas Jan 20, 2010

200 cases. Boxer's had the same and that went quick...unless you live in San Antonio :)
    jamescain likes this.
  33. TJ008

TJ008 Aficionado (130) Texas Dec 15, 2012

Daemose, myself, and another gentleman just cleared the über from downtown specs shelf. Told there's more in the back though.
  34. BeanBone

The Uber at Smith St was gone at about 10:15 (looks like I wasn't the only one waiting for them to open this morning), but as I was leaving they were putting more out. No bottle limit, I'd say if you want it act now. If you don't see it on the shelf, ask if they have more in the back.
  35. jamescain

jamescain Advocate (650) Texas Jul 14, 2009

Don't act like you are not jealous :p
  36. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

Boxer's is pretty much year round at the HEB in Burleson. I can go pick it up whenever I want because I think I'm the only person that actually buys it around here
    Krumb likes this.
  37. Got some Uberkind in - an hr Ago
  38. Krumb

Krumb Savant (290) Texas Jan 30, 2008

It lingers around Mansfield, too. Still a couple bottles at B&WW.
  39. Lutter

Das Uberkind! is hitting Austin... Sunrise & South Lamar Wine & Spirits that they got "limited quantities" and Bangers will have RU-55, Funk Metal, and Das Uberkind tonight (presumably in bottles... on premises)
  40. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Aficionado (220) Texas Apr 12, 2012

5 cases have arrived at Central Market Westgate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.