Everything Jester King

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by dumptruck81, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I've still got 1 bottle of Beer Geek and 1 bottle of Whiskey Rodeo.

WR is definitely one of the beers I'm gonna drink on my wedding day/honeymoon this coming May. Wish I had more of that one, it is truely something special.

2. HopAG

HopAG Savant (485) Texas Sep 22, 2012

I'm down to my last Whiskey Rodeo and plan on having it this weekend...

I hear that some of them might be infected... I don't think I want to risk having it longer

3. tigrstylz

tigrstylz Aficionado (215) Texas Jan 10, 2012

Eight bottles of Uberkind at the San Marcos Gabriel's if anybody is interested...

4. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

Does JK make a beer that is tart and sour without the funk?

5. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

I can't think of a sour they make that is particularly funky.

rainerschuhsler and pwsoldier like this.
  6. Clonies720

Clonies720 Initiate (0) Texas Oct 24, 2012

Buddha Brew and Das Wunderkind! are relatively mild and tasty. I prefer Buddha's Brew over the Wunderkind.

7. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (415) Texas Jun 28, 2010

Stanley's may have a few bottles of Das Uberkind left, but we don't have any more to sell them. All we have left of Das Uberkind is what we've reserved for our anniversary party and upcoming festivals.

Jeff Stuffings
    Jester King

8. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (525) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Thanks for the update, but I was asking about RU-55. Will they have any this weekend?

9. jesterkingbeer

Yes. Stanley's will have RU-55 for sale.

10. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (415) Texas Jun 6, 2012

I am down to my last two Whiskeys. I probably won't drink my next Whiskey until New Years 2014 and I haven't heard about any kind of infection though. Has anybody else heard this?

11. HopAG

I heard this from the Beerists guy when i spoke to him in an event.

12. jesterkingbeer

We haven't heard anything prior to this nor opened any showing signs of infection.

Jeff

jbeezification and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  13. HopAG

This is why you are the man Jeff! I really wanted to store my Whiskey and have it for my Birthday in June! Paranoia averted!

14. jesterkingbeer

Thanks, but although we haven't heard about or observed any infected Whiskey Rodeo, I can't say it's implausible at this point. Whiskey Rodeo was bottled in May, so it has about seven months in the bottle now. The beer itself was brewed in November of 2011. It was racked into whiskey barrels that were fresh from the distillery, but the presence of various microbes still exists. My recommendation is to store refrigerated at this point if you plan on saving it for later.

Kuemmelbrau and HopAG like this.
  15. ApostleBrewing

ApostleBrewing Zealot (90) Texas Oct 21, 2010

I have two extra tickets to the 2nd Anniversary Party. DM me if you're interested.

16. SBoyar1

SBoyar1 Aficionado (210) Texas Nov 14, 2012

Has anybody seen any RU-55 in Houston yet?

17. mattchow

mattchow Savant (380) Texas Jun 24, 2012

Probably this week.

Daemose likes this.
  18. Wyatte

Wyatte Zealot (85) Texas Aug 24, 2012

Off point but with all the hubaloo over Crooked Stave's Reserve Society sale this past week, it got me wondering if there would be any chance of something similar being set up with JK?

19. starkmarvelo

starkmarvelo Advocate (500) Nevada Jan 20, 2010

Hope not.

20. jesterkingbeer

It would be illegal for us to do something like a reserve society because we can't sell beer in Texas directly to beer drinkers. We're legally obligated to sell our beer through a distributor or retailer.

Jeff

21. Wyatte

Wyatte Zealot (85) Texas Aug 24, 2012

Durr, I knew that.
    Durr, I knew that! Thanks for clarifying. :) Yet another reason to change the Draconian laws...

22. Daemose

Daemose Savant (480) Texas Oct 3, 2011

So you can hoard all the beer?

Texas_Speed likes this.
  23. i hope you didnt hear it from him. i recently got a bottle of whisky from him that he had been saving for me- and there was no mention of infection whatsoever. and i really cant imaging those guys/gals spreading bad info about one of their favorite breweries. maybe he will see our posts and reply.

BA paging johnrubio!
    BA paging johnrubio!

24. johnsaulrubio

johnsaulrubio Savant (275) Texas Dec 2, 2006

What I think I said was that the last bottle I opened was overcarbed (which was different from the other two I partook in). I hadn't heard about any infection (and I still haven't), but just to be safe, I told him to store it in the fridge.

Hope this clears things up.

Kuemmelbrau, HopAG and mattisloco like this.
  25. jesterkingbeer

Pleased to hear that. The last one I opened was high CO2 as well, but showed no sign of infection.

Jeff

26. johnsaulrubio

johnsaulrubio Savant (275) Texas Dec 2, 2006

And just to clarify, I think I did tell him to store it in the fridge and drink it soon, just in case there was an infection (but I hadn't heard there was one).

27. cfrobrew

cfrobrew Advocate (550) Texas Oct 9, 2012

If you have it again, I would very much suggest letting it warm up. It became much nicer after it warmed up, the bitterness stood out too much when it was at fridge temp. Closer to room it was awesome, but I love sours so hey....

28. HopAG

You gotta be careful with these if you suffer from the ACID reflux like me. I had Funk and Uber back to back and wow was it a great time having them! The rest of the night however was painful and full of tums eating. Needless to say, Sours with moderation now.

29. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (550) Texas Apr 26, 2007

If anyone in SATX is still looking for Funk Metal, I just spotted a few at HEB Blanco/1604.

30. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (430) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Just popped a B2 Boxers. Carb seems increased with a good one finger head lasting over a minute and a lingering ring lasting the entire glass. Tartness up front and the barrel to end have both increased.

Had been tempted to pop a B1...Anybody cracked one recently?

31. bentwookie

bentwookie Initiate (0) Texas Jan 13, 2008

I had one a couple of weeks ago. Still very tasty but low carb. I've been storing it too cold think. Ill try one of the ones kept warmer soon and see if it has better carb.

32. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Savant (380) Texas Dec 28, 2011

Yup. I usually pop a couple tums before I head out to jester king. Certain scotches get me worse though.

HopAG and FUNKPhD like this.
  33. Sozeweizen

Sozeweizen Aspirant (30) Texas Jan 23, 2013

I don't like this HOpAg guy, BAN HE!

ext1rpate likes this.
  34. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Guys, I think we found Keyser Soze's BA name.

Sozeweizen likes this.
  35. ext1rpate

ext1rpate Savant (290) Texas Feb 21, 2011

Agreed!

Sozeweizen likes this.
  36. I re-read my post and just wanted it to be clear that in no way did I think that you would try to pass an "infected" bottle off knowingly, and didn't mean to call you out. I was trying to use your lack of mentioning infection in our conversation to express my doubt that there was any infection at all. The folks at the beerists are all good in my eyes. uh, I guess your Internet opinion just got heavier? ;)

And I must also say that I have ONLY had ONE JK beer that jumped out of the bottle upon opening and I have had almost everything they have ever made in decent quantity. But then again I have had many a bottle conditioned beer from many a brewery do this same thing, and don't hold it against the brewery as I understand the difficulties of achieving extremely consistent carbonation levels when bottle conditioning. Or better yet the more probable improper storage/transportation issues that can affect carbonation levels.

37. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

Mmmmm infected beer. All jester king special releases are infected just leave it on the shelves guys. :p

cfrobrew likes this.
  38. HopAG

It's ok guys! Everything was better than expected! Absolutely delicious! Perfect Carbonation, barrel qualities and the beer were in perfect balance, hell i nearly shed a tear on how delicious this was. If any of you guys still have one, i highly recommend you pop open one.

[​IMG]

I'm just depressed that it was my last one... :oops: Oh well, cracked it for the gf's b-day so definitely worth it.

Jeff are you guys planning on releasing more of this in the future? (Please say yes)

Although its funny to see how this all blew up over 1 bottle of the rodeo. That's how you know people care about this beer hehe

Clonies720, cfrobrew and Azzy like this.
  39. E1G just got a case each of fm and Uberkind (if anybody is looking for some) -

40. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

I'm looking for FM, but need some in Houston...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.