1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

Everything Jester King

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by dumptruck81, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonD

DonD Savant (250) Texas Jun 23, 2008

Midtown specs tweeted that they got funk, ru-55, and uberkind today.

2. RJC

RJC Disciple (50) Texas Jan 5, 2013

I cannot confirm nor deny that Specs on Smith has all three, but you may want to go check it out. *wink*

3. RJC

RJC Disciple (50) Texas Jan 5, 2013

Not Uberkind, Wunderkind. They messed up in their tweet.

4. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (610) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Specs Smith St. just Tweeted today that they got RU-55, Funk, Uberkind and Black Metal in today

Edit - damn you guys are quick! :)

5. HopAG

HopAG Savant (485) Texas Sep 22, 2012

MMMmmm..... More Funk!

6. SBoyar1

SBoyar1 Aficionado (210) Texas Nov 14, 2012

Got some. Thanks for the quick replies fellow BA's

7. tigrstylz

tigrstylz Aficionado (215) Texas Jan 10, 2012

Lotsa Funk Metal at the SM Gabriel's...

8. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (400) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Funk, das, and plenty of others at Heb Brodie William cannon

9. kmello69

Seems to be a glut of JK stuff in Austin right now, because so many people picked up bottles of RU and Boxers at the Anny party. Its everywhere

10. Daemose

Daemose Savant (480) Texas Oct 3, 2011

Nice. I wish we had that problem here.

11. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Good to hear... been workin a lot and have yet to get out to get RU55 and Boxers.

12. FUNKPhD

FUNKPhD Advocate (515) Texas Apr 13, 2010

I'm sipping an RU-55 right now, and it being on price point with Boxer's, I feel I would go to Boxer's each time. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it has the nice sourness and oakiness that Boxer's has, but the carbonation on this one is low, and I'm a little underwhelmed.

13. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

ISO: WHISKEY BARREL RODEO FT: PICK

Anyone have a spare? Trying to help out a trading buddy on the east coast who's ISO a bottle. Check out my gots (haven't updated in a while but fairly accurate) and let me know if you can help me out. Flanders Fred, La Roja, Rumpkin are a few off the top of my head I'd part with. Will do multiple bottles if needed...Thanks.

14. mattquenette

mattquenette Aficionado (140) Texas Mar 12, 2008

For those interested...Meddlesome Moth is hosting Jester King with Jeff, Ron and crew for a beer dinner Monday, Feb. 25th. 7 Beers and 5 courses. Call 214.628.7900 for more details. Cheers.

15. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (440) Texas Jun 28, 2010

Sorry for the confusion over the caps with the RU55. The bottles with the plain gold caps are from our first blending. The bottles with the custom caps our from our second blending. I'm personally embarrassed we haven't incorporated batch and date numbers into our labeling of these blends. I apologize for that. We've started adding batch/blend numbers and bottling dates to all our bottles beginning last month with our January bottling of Noble King.

Jeff

16. aschwab

aschwab Advocate (585) Texas Mar 3, 2009

Was out of your party on Saturday and had a good time (and definitely enjoyed the beers).

However, I think is about time that you added an "exit" door to your tap room. It just gets way too crowded coming in and out of that one door that it may be worthwhile to actually build a door so people can exit through on the other side. After about my 7th sample, it just wasn't worth waiting in the lines anymore.

Or start limiting tickets.

MightyDog likes this.
  17. jesterkingbeer

jesterkingbeer Savant (440) Texas Jun 28, 2010

We've been thinking about these things too. Our average Saturday crowd used to be around 250 to 300, but now we've been averaging around 400 to 450. We think the opening of Stanley's Farmhouse Pizza down the hill from us has helped contribute to this.

Our preference would be not to have to go to a reservation system, but we haven't ruled it out either. We have two changes planned for this coming Saturday (02/09/13) that should hopefully help things. One, we're going to have a third beer station located at another tent outside the tasting room. This means that more sampling can be done without having to go into the tasting room. Two, we're going to check IDs and sell tours/glassware at the bottom of our stone walkway to the brewery, which should hopefully remove some congestion around the tasting room.

Jeff

18. aschwab

aschwab Advocate (585) Texas Mar 3, 2009

Thanks for that response. I do think having a third one open would be great. I do like just being able to show up down there without a reservation, there are not many that you can still do that at.

I do like that we can now sample all of the beers on the "menu" for each day, I think that makes it a lot better. But I also noticed that the pour size understandable went down due to this. This is probably also why the lines got a lot longer than they used to be since instead of getting in line 6 times (for a slightly larger pour), people were now waiting in lines 11 times for a smaller pour. A lot of people would just get a pour and go directly back in line.

19. bentwookie

bentwookie Initiate (0) Texas Jan 13, 2008

I thought the layout for the Anniversary party was awesome. Lines were not long and everything was very organized. Much better than the 1st anniversary.

20. kmello69

Agreed. Never waited more than a minute or 2 for any beer. Longest line I waited in was for the bathroom. :)

21. bogwart

bogwart Zealot (95) Texas Jun 28, 2010

Anyone know why OG Black Metal seems to be everywhere? Is it old or is it being brewed again?

22. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (400) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Describe everywhere

23. bogwart

bogwart Zealot (95) Texas Jun 28, 2010

It's all over Houston. Spec's, HEB...you name it.

UHCougar12 likes this.
  24. RustyP

RustyP Savant (350) Texas Dec 22, 2008

I wish "everywhere" included D/FW :(

25. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (415) Texas Jun 6, 2012

I think there was a gap where not much Farmhouse was distributed and the older stores just put some older cases on the shelf.

I have seen it at a lot of smaller specs and hebs over the last few weeks.

26. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

It ain't in Austin, that's for sure. Snatch it up.

27. Lutter

Keep in mind at least 5 cases out there came from sitting in the sun at the entrance to Spec's Brodie where they sat for the better part of a year. :D

28. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

I'm assuming midtown Spec's has long since ran out of RU55, right? Any other Houston sightings lately?

Edit: What about any Boxer's Houston sightings?

29. lefty12

lefty12 Aficionado (180) Texas Feb 6, 2010

Saw RU 55 at specs midtown yesterday. Didn't see boxers but there was a good amount of funk.

30. boogercrack

boogercrack Savant (365) Texas May 24, 2012

[​IMG]

jeffrey dahmer's barrels it seems

:rolleyes:

31. djd07

djd07 Aficionado (200) Texas Oct 3, 2012

32. Lutter

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. :)

Can't wait!

33. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (475) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Old news made infinitely better with an awesome pic ;)

34. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

Happened by there a bit ago. Picked up some RU-55, and there's a good few left, along with some Uberkind. No Funk spotted.

35. pjones36

pjones36 Aficionado (150) Texas Feb 20, 2011

Whole Foods Kirby had a good amount of RU-55 as of last night, along with some Funk too.

36. canadianghetto

canadianghetto Savant (495) Texas Oct 15, 2011

OOH its Das Ruberkind! Hoping the name sticks! #royaltycheckplease

FUNKPhD likes this.
  37. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

No more need to trade for Sours. JK taking care of us.

Texas_Speed and BeanBone like this.
  38. mattchow

mattchow Savant (380) Texas Jun 24, 2012

sounds like if I asked my dad to go find me some jester king beer.

39. BK1017

BK1017 Aficionado (205) Texas Nov 9, 2009

FYI Jester King will be live on the Brewing Network Sunday Session on Feb 10th. We should all get online and support them.

Also, Uberkind and new batches of Boxers are at Westlake HEB.

BK

jesterkingbeer likes this.
  40. Lutter

Uh, y'all calling it "Ruberkind" do realize a "Rube" is an idiot, right? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.