1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Everything Jester King

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by dumptruck81, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmoody91

cmoody91 Savant (310) Illinois Mar 21, 2010

Jeff and Ron talked about the reusing of barrels in the podcast they just posted on their website. Said they reuse barrels 3 times.
  2. mattisloco

mattisloco Savant (455) Texas Feb 13, 2007

I'd be very curious to know what this takes.
  3. bccocx

bccocx Advocate (685) Texas Jan 13, 2007

I've got one that I might be willing to trade. It would really depend on the offer (as I've only ever had one bottle)
  4. Azzy

Azzy Savant (290) Texas Jul 16, 2012

You'd be surprised what people want for beer. I have something set up, I feel a bit much on my end but I'm happy. I love me some whiskey rodeo
  5. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

whiskey rodeo is probably the best jk beer, imo, and by rating here too I think, and there really wasnt much around. I assume it would take some bigger stuff.
    as such, I would trade 3 BCBS for one...
  6. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

I literally would not trade my last Whiskey Rodeo for anything. Not even rare whalez, bro.

I consider it to be the finest beer ever crafted in Texas. Moar!!
  7. Azzy

I'd do something around those lines. Especially when I have craploads of bcbs and no Whiskey rodeo
  8. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Savant (465) Texas Feb 21, 2011

I just traded mine for multiple DRs including a #1. It was worth it to me. Its just going to depend on how bad someone wants something you have.
  9. crusian

me first. :p
  10. After Azzy is taken care of...
    If anyone wants BCBS and has an extra Whiskey Rodeo or variants, I am your guy.
  11. crusian

I'm sure you could get regular weasel rodeo pretty easily for the BCBS
  12. mattisloco

Ya... I'm afraid I'd want an arm and a leg for mine. This will sound retarded to some but I wouldn't give a bottle of Whiskey Rodeo up for any of the regular Dark Lords other than 2008.
    jbeezification likes this.
  13. Azzy

I think I have an 08... But no I don't think I want whiskey that bad. Lol

I would toss someone an abyss for one though
  14. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Just traded 3 WBR in the past month...got Sexual Chocolate, Event Horizon, Lindley Park(2), Wake n Bake(4), Silent Night(2), Speedway Stout among others in return. Actually had to trade for one locally (thanks Kmello) to complete a trade and gave up my Flanders Fred for it. Wish I still had one to hold on to but I've popped several since it was released and feel good about what I got in return.
  15. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Shit you commited a lil robbery on that one for sure. Well over $100 for $60. Hope you hooked him up fat on extras
  16. crusian

That sexual choc is a mistake though. just had one and was extremely underwhelmed. Glad I was able to try it and form my own opinion on it though. let me know what you think.
  17. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Well two separate trades with other stuff involved on my end but the anchor in both deals were the WBR's. I hear you on the Sexual Chocolate...the dude who traded it to me said don't even think about opening it until next year. I don't care for overly bitter stouts so I tucked it in the back of my cellar to forget about...
    H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  18. Had a WR a month or so ago with DrummerMattie02 and I thought it was already past its prime at this point. Maybe it was just the smokey/roasty/pepper flavor masking the barrel, but I didnt get much in the way of WB-aging at all like I did last summer when it was released.
  19. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Savant (260) Texas Jan 22, 2013

Wow. Anyone else had JK's last release of WR recently and thought it was past due? I have one sitting and waiting for MLB Opening Day.
  20. StArnoldFan

StArnoldFan Advocate (575) Texas Dec 28, 2012

ISO: Funk FT: Abyss

IP, BM me
    H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  21. BrutalSusan

BrutalSusan Aficionado (225) Texas Dec 13, 2011

drive to austin and you can get the 6 bottles that are STILL sitting on the shelf at royal blue grocery on nueces.
  22. StArnoldFan

Yeah they still have some Funk sitting on the shelves here in Houston too, I'm just helping out some people that didn't get Abyss and want it. I have 4 bottles of Abyss and would rather have more Funk than Abyss
    BrutalSusan likes this.
  23. BrutalSusan

BrutalSusan Aficionado (225) Texas Dec 13, 2011

24. mattisloco

I wish you were in Dallas, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.
  25. StArnoldFan

Already got a taker, meeting in 30 mins. Thx to all that responded
  26. tx_beer_man

tx_beer_man Savant (260) Texas Jan 22, 2013

That's awesome hahah
  27. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

If he backs out, hit me up!
  28. mhenson42

mhenson42 Advocate (550) Texas Nov 20, 2011

There's still a few cases sitting on the floor at Gabriel's in SA.
  29. H0rnedFr0gs

You sir are a badass. You have received a free Noah Loves You voucher redeemable for any release you miss out on that I get. Sorry no mustache rides included ;)
    StArnoldFan likes this.
  30. StArnoldFan

Haha thx bro. I'll keep you in mind.
  31. H0rnedFr0gs

Please do. It's just great to see people doing awesome stuff for each other. TJModica blew my mind just sending me a handful of wants with no requests in return last week. Little things like this really set our region apart and bring me back daily. Plus you are getting a great beer in return!
  32. mindswoop

mindswoop Aficionado (195) Texas Dec 22, 2011

There's funk at CM NLamar.
  33. StArnoldFan

I remember reading on this thread about diff caps on some JK beers, I have some Funk with different caps. Is there any diff between the 2 in taste? I'm not gonna do a side by side so I'm looking for opinions from somebody that has already had both.
  34. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

I have a similar question about RU-55. I have some with a small gold cap and one with the mascot on it. Different batches?
  35. El Cedro and RU-55 are at the Cove in San Antonio, per their facebook.
  36. BruceBruce

BruceBruce Initiate (0) Texas Dec 4, 2011

Ill do it, didn't wait around to see if anyone else called dibs yet
  37. TxUltraRunner

TxUltraRunner Savant (365) Texas Aug 16, 2012

Hay Merchant has RU-55 on cask
  38. BruceBruce

Yes
  39. BruceBruce

EL CEDRO was AMAZING!!!
  40. Cablejelly

Cablejelly Savant (255) Texas Sep 6, 2010

Agreed. I cannot wait to take a few bottle of this home. Quickly jumped to near the top of my jester king list.
    rainerschuhsler and BruceBruce like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.