1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Everything Prairie Ales (Livin' it up, I say yeaah)

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by chaseabeer, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chocosushi

chocosushi Savant (450) Oklahoma May 1, 2011

All the bottles look great, guys,
    Major Kudos.

2. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

A little late to reply, but Houston bottle share is the second Sunday at Gingerman.

Also, replying to BCS (I will still never refer to it the other way, this is the way it originally was, and for ever after), I have been known to drink that stuff in the dead hate of summer in Houston. Followed by a dram of Willett:D. Anyway, I can't wait to get some more Prairie Artisan. Great stuff.

3. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Yeah, Brooklyn Chocolate Stout is great. ;)

4. champ103

champ103 Champion (870) Texas Sep 3, 2007

:rolleyes: Only recently has Bourbon County been called what it is now. Brooklyn was always spelled out. Forgot to put the other smiley in:)

5. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (420) Texas Sep 30, 2007

Brooklyn stout is a great stout....and thats it. Just a stout. ;)

Man, sometimes i just ask for beatings..,....

6. Clonies720

Clonies720 Initiate (0) Texas Oct 24, 2012

[​IMG]
    I love my OK trading partner. He is absolutely top notch. *Picture he sent me. I don't have the beers in hand yet, and there will be at least 1 more Prairie Noir added*.

turfy likes this.
  7. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Hubba hubba!

8. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

ISO: OK trading partner. FT: my devotion

willandperry and Clonies720 like this.
  9. Lutter

Hopefully in a few months we won't need trading partners to get this. :)

lokieman and JJFoodie like this.
  10. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Savant (370) Oklahoma Feb 4, 2009

Gotta lot of East Coast demand, might be an extra month.

willandperry likes this.
  11. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Boooooo!!!

Texas_Speed and cfh64 like this.
  12. chocosushi

Pirate Noir releasing in April w/ Okie?

13. jcdgoad

jcdgoad Aficionado (180) Arkansas Sep 11, 2008

There is a lot of demand in Arkansas too

Compton25 likes this.
  14. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (335) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Definitely need to track so of this stuff down hearing great things

15. JonathanL7890

JonathanL7890 Savant (325) Texas Dec 1, 2007

16. bump8628

bump8628 Savant (485) Oklahoma Feb 21, 2008

All 4 of the new releases are excellent. Everybody is going crazy for the artwork - how about some metal tackers? I need some for my garage :)

ThirstyHerf and mattisloco like this.
  17. chocosushi

^Love this idea.

Gold is my favorite of the four. You hit the nail on the head comparing it to an Imperial Berliner

18. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

I've repeatedly asked for silk screen canvas as well. I'd totally put the art on my wall not just in a man cave or garage

19. chaseabeer

The $200 Kickstarter gets you a limited print. :)

ThirstyHerf and H0rnedFr0gs like this.
  20. H0rnedFr0gs

Missed that addition. Great to know. And I re-read my post and hopefully I didn't come across to anyone as suggesting you are anything less than responsive and connected to us..thanks for that..it's great to have such a short feedback loop with brewers

Unfortunately this Kickstarter comes at a difficult time in my balance sheet but the great news for BA's is I'm training up at the Fort Worth Saucer and I can hopefully start to push your beer soon. I am excited to introduce your beers to my community and I have every expectation that Standard can and will be a staple here

21. Lutter

OMG PRAIRIE NOIR is the April selection for the MJ Rare Beer Club!!

ThirstyHerf likes this.
  22. chaseabeer

We bottled it last week ;)

23. Clonies720

Where is that posted and what's the other one for April? I'm super stoked that I'll get a 2nd bottle in that case so I can wait for the psycho TX weather to get frigid a few weeks from now and crack open the Noir while watching the fake fireplace and jazz playing from my Sony TV that runs Google Android.

Have you ever noticed the beers aren't really that.....rare? A few have been pretty tasty, but I could easily trade for them if I wanted them. That being said, I'm eager to get my palate all over that Seizoen Bretta and Boon 2009 unblended 3yr old lambic

24. Lutter

The other selection for the month is Birra Amiata - Contessa from Italy. As far as where I seen it... Monthly allocation email.

25. Clonies720

Ah I don't get those because I got mine as a gift for a few months. Have you tried the coffe and chocolate barrel aged beer last month? I want to bring that to a bottle share or open it for myself soon.

26. chaseabeer

I'll probably have about 60 cases of Noir to sell in OK too.

ThirstyHerf and russpowell like this.
  27. rainerschuhsler

rainerschuhsler Savant (350) Texas May 17, 2012

Chase, do you have release dates for Pirate, Okie, and Legend? Also, I'm super excited about Prairie Bomb.

28. chaseabeer

We are bottling both on Monday- Wednesday. I'll ship them out when they are carbed.

Buster and rainerschuhsler like this.
  29. Lutter

I didn't... I have an ongoing subscription but I defer more than I get. I'm picky.

30. Clonies720

Thanks I forgot you can do that. I need to get the info from my mom so I can skip that Italian beer. The Birra Gold honey bock tasted horribly medicinal.

31. Lutter

Just call them. They're super helpful. Great customer service.

32. H0rnedFr0gs

Digging the Prairie Somewhere right now with the lady. Totally misplaced the great lime flavor for citrus hops. After letting it warm up it really sticks out though. Saw that Pirate Noir is being bottled. Considering how much I loved Noir's coconut notes a rum barrel version is going to knock my socks off.

Good times ahead but...send us bottles and kegs before we break out the pitchforks!

mattisloco, rainerschuhsler and Krumb like this.
  33. HookemHops13

HookemHops13 Advocate (515) Texas Mar 21, 2013

Nice... Just talked my okie buddy into picking some up for when he comes down next!! Which ones should I tell him to search out?

34. H0rnedFr0gs

Drinking the Gold now. Of the new bombers, both the Prairie Somewhere and the Gold I would have been disappointed not having the chance to try. If I had to choose...damn...perhaps the Somewhere beer only because the lime notes are so unique.

35. Clonies720

I'll be popping nearly the entire PAA line-up at my beer tasting April 13th if you want to try them before then.

I'm keeping a bottle of Prairie Noir to myself. :rolleyes:

36. HookemHops13

HookemHops13 Advocate (515) Texas Mar 21, 2013

Good thing is I don't have to choose. He can bring down however many I want so Ill let him know to look out for those two. From the rest of the thread I guess I let him know the Prairie Noir is high on my list as well....

May have to take ya up on that. Nice meeting/trading with you today, craziest thing but I actually found a bottle of the WBADPP on my way home today... Now I can hold onto one and give one a try soon!

Clonies720 likes this.
  37. Clonies720

Same. But I already forgot your name. I almost always get it remembered the 2nd time though. Crazy you still found a bottle of WBADPP.

Yeah. Prairie Noir is the shit. It is reminiscent of a slightly weaker BCBS. Rightfully delicious in its own. I believe I discussed in another thread somewhere that BCBS to me is more of a "winter" beer or special occasion, while Prairie Noir is just as good while being an every day/all-day drinking beer.

Anyways, let me know if you want to come to the tasting. No beer necessary to bring. I created a thread in this forum. Got at least 1 yes and several maybes.

38. chocosushi

Gold Is my favorite thus far, w/ Somewhere as a close 2nd.

Truly a beer that was worth the wait

39. DOTU

DOTU Savant (345) California Feb 11, 2011

Bought my first Prairie Ales in SF tonight: Funky Galaxy, Gold and Somewhere. I wish I had cracked one tonight, but looking forward to having one tomorrow.

40. H0rnedFr0gs

Was talking(pestering really) to our Fort Worth Favorite Brands reps and they hadn't received any final confirmation regarding PAA in their portfolio. Any sitrep on when I can start to tap this up here in TX?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.