1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Evolution Lot No 6 DIPA Bottles

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by siege06nd, Feb 3, 2013.

1. siege06nd

siege06nd Advocate (520) Virginia Dec 29, 2009

Just a heads up in case you are taken totally by surprise by this as I was. Evo has bottled and released its Lot 6 DIPA in 4 pks. Saw some at Norm's and WF Fairfax at $10.99 per. Excellent DIPA from one of the most underrated breweries in the country right now, IMO. Cheers!
    xxbillay likes this.
  2. duceswild

duceswild Advocate (740) Maryland Feb 8, 2010

I picked some of this up last night in MD. Glad they are bottling more stuff. Can't wait til Rise Up Stout hits.
    siege06nd likes this.
  3. I love Evo. Lot 6 doesn't really do it for me, but super pumped for Rise Up Stout.

Any word on Fall Migration?
  4. Fall Migration was out earlier. Winter due this week or so. Menagerie 8 in stores now.
  5. Is this going to be a consistent release or is this a one-time thing? Really enjoy this beer.
  6. There has been no Fall Migration since 2011. They tweeted pictures of a Flanders that was about to get bottled a few weeks ago.
  7. Yeah, Fall Migration was out last year, but this year's still hasn't been ready. I really liked the Chardonnay barrel Belgian Pale, but a Flanders Red is exciting.
  8. cryme

cryme Aficionado (170) Delaware Jun 29, 2011

AFAIK, Lot 6 should be a year round release now.
  9. jimmy666

jimmy666 Aficionado (230) Maryland Jun 20, 2010

Just picked up a 4pack at Fispaws in Arnold $11. Had it on draft many times , so can't wait to try it out of a bottle :)
  10. larryi86

larryi86 Champion (760) Delaware Apr 4, 2010

Just as good in bottles as in kegs, already went through one 4 pack and can't wait to have more!!! State Line seems to have a lot in stock, $10.99.
    siege06nd likes this.
  11. Love lot 3, don't think they distribute to nj, or at least I've never seen it here. Gonna keep an eye out for this though.
  12. The lot 6 in bottles is a wonderful thing. Its like a bigger juicer more bitter lot 3 :D
    lackenhauser and siege06nd like this.
  13. siege06nd

siege06nd Advocate (520) Virginia Dec 29, 2009

Yeah, this stuff is legit. Between this, Bitter Valentine, and Wings of Armageddon, this part of the country is getting some great hoppy suds.
    BMitch and jimmy666 like this.
  14. Squatchito

Squatchito Savant (250) Virginia Dec 6, 2007

This and Palate Wrecker came in yesterday. I know what I am drinking for the next week.
  15. Could have sworn I had/saw it but now me thinks you are correct. Winter should be out this week. Menagerie 8 everywhere now. Man I love me some EVO.
  16. Hell yeah on that!!! Brought a bottle of the Menagerie 8 down at DC Brau on Sat. Funky and good. Think I'll put the other two in the cellar and see what happens ;)
  17. Had a growler of this from Whole Foods. The most impressive east coast IPA I've had not made in Vermont or called Flower Power.
  18. Who distributes Evolution in Philly? Anyone know?
  19. penn distributors
  20. Cool, thanks. Do they have other craft other than Goose Island?
  21. I actually work there. Yeah troegs, victory, magic hat, ithaca, long trail, rogue, boxcar, prism, starr hill, susquehanna, widmer, red hook, kona, Anchor etc.
  22. oh wow. Didn't know much about Penn other than they are the AB distributor. Back to Evolution, looking forward to hopefully seeing these bottles in Philly.
  23. we have them in stock
  24. DaGrizz

DaGrizz Savant (260) New Jersey Feb 22, 2012

Have had this brew several times on tap. Finally got to pick up a case of this in bottles today. Drinking my first one now. AMAZING.... Another awesome bottle selection from Evolution. Can't wait for the Rise Up to come out. Thanks for coming to Philly Evolution. I have missed you from the years I spent in Delmar/Salisbury.
  25. Does anyone know if Evo changed their recipe for this first round of bottling? I've had Lot 6 a few times in the past, and always thought it was just okay. I broke down and bought a bottle tonight, and it is much better than I remember. Really diggin' it.
    FatBoyGotSwagger and siege06nd like this.
  26. its a good time at there public house anyone wanna do a trade for a growler
  27. EVO did change the recipe. I was disapointed with my growler of the new batch, but I liked it from the bottle.
  28. Just got a four pack of this last night and it's every bit as awesome as I remember. I'm having a Sculpin right now and I think I prefer the Lot 6 to it.

Did anyone confirm if this is going to be year-round or if it's just going to trickle out every now and then?
  29. This stuff is unreal. It was very good on tap, but fresh Lot6 from the bottle is on another level.