1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Evolution Nouveua Rouge

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Beerontwowheels, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Make that 'Nouveau'. My mistake!

Haven't seen this on the forums at all. Picked up 2 bottles this afternoon. It's a sour red ale in the Flanders red tradition. Any body tried it yet?

2. Is this gonna show up in PA at all?

3. DaGrizz

DaGrizz Savant (260) New Jersey Feb 22, 2012

Where ya pick it up at?? What's the price point on this?

4. cryme

cryme Aficionado (170) Delaware Jun 29, 2011

Where'd you pick it up? I had it at the pub a few weekends ago, but haven't seen any for sale in stores. It's pretty good, similar to the vintage Rodenbachs. AFAIK, there were only 500 bottles produced.

5. Old line in beltville. Was about 16$.

6. I've been waiting for this to come out. I'll have to call around tomorrow.

7. I haven't seen it yet in Bmore. It's been a 2 year process, I am sure it's delicious.

8. Scotty

Scotty Aficionado (210) Maryland Jun 29, 2012

Matt, glad you posted this (I've been wondering the same thing - it's not even listed on here) - haven't had it yet but plan on picking some up.

This beer spent 2 years in barrels, according to a tweet from their brewer. (edit: truckerock above me already mentioned this)

That's a great price too - I know a few places in NoVA got it but were charging $25 a bottle.

Let us know what you think when you open it.

9. Supposedly at Capones

10. You work 2 mins from my house. I'll share. ;)

Scotty likes this.
  11. Just called and had my local store hold two bottles for me. I am glad they got some, because they are always at least $2 cheaper on everything compared to the stores I shop at in Annapolis.

That's insane that places in NoVa jacked it up to $25 per bottle. I hate that some stores see "sour beer" on the label and automatically increase the price.

12. cryme

If southern DE gets shut out on this I'm going to be a little angry.

13. Yeah I got one yesterday for $23 in DC but I have no other way of getting it so what am I going to do?

14. BradStokley

BradStokley Savant (350) Maryland Jan 19, 2013

Thanks for the tip!! Old Line still has 2 bottles left. Can't wait to try this tonight!!

15. Did they bottle this in their 750ml bottles? Tough to tell by the pictures on untappd.

16. cryme

Yes, it's in the same style bottle as the Migration series.

17. Scotty

Scotty Aficionado (210) Maryland Jun 29, 2012

18. Southern DE? How about us up north? I have yet to see a single large format form EVO up this way. Have to head to the beach in hopes of ever finding one in state.

19. cryme

Well given that they started here, I would hope to see them around in Sussex County at the very least. But I haven't seen one since Menagerie #8. It seems that DE in general isn't high on their list of priorities since they moved.

20. DaGrizz

Anyone see any in Philly area and know pricing? Who distributes Evolution in Philly?

21. Still not in Baltimore City. I love their distributor....

22. Capones posted today that they got it in.

23. Grabbed two at $15.50 each. Not the cheapest beer obviously, but not bad considering it spent two years in barrels.

24. Penn distributors. I work for them. We got a handful of cases.

25. A beer guy for a store I found today told me the cases are going for $189 (for 12 bottles) which comes out to $16. Not sure how some of these places are selling them for less.

26. DaGrizz

Do you know what accounts got them? Any case sellers?

27. How far are you from State Line in "Elkton"? I've seen Menagerie there before, don't know about this one.

28. cryme

It wasn't there on Saturday. Unless they were keeping it in the back. I didn't ask.

29. Does anyone know who in DC/NoVA still has this in stock?

30. jimmy666

jimmy666 Aficionado (230) Maryland Jun 20, 2010

Picked one up at Fishpaws on my way home for $18. Gonna crack it Saturday :)

31. its great i have 4 bottles

32. cryme

You find them in DE, Joe?

33. nope only 600 bottles i heard not sure tho

34. fdig23

fdig23 Savant (355) Pennsylvania Mar 15, 2012

Got one at Pinnocchio's yesterday. More expensive than what others have been paying ($23) but that's par for the course here in Philly. Looked like they had 4 or 5 more in the fridge.

35. Am i the only one that didn't like this beer? Opened one at Pinocchios yesterday. Couldn't even finish it. it had a weird butterscotch flavor and mouthfeel (diacetyl?) and was just harsh.

36. cryme

I'm wondering if you had an off bottle, because I certainly didn't get that at all.

37. nope. because i let dan drink some of mine (he had it the night before) and he said it tasted the same as his bottle. and he loved it.

38. cryme

weird. "tastebuds"

39. also kinda pissed i spent $23 for a bottle that i couldn't even give the rest away to someone.

40. cryme

Wish I could have taken it off your hands. I still can't find any in the land that birthed Evo.