1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Extreme Beer Fest 2014: Beer List

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by Todd, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So many amazing contributions. Great to see Stone not even trying anymore.

2. Funky Buddha is up, still waiting on the others.

Ezbakeoven1 likes this.
  3. I'm hoping for the many breweries that are just bringing beers that are part of their normal lineup that its a variant of the original. I'd love to try some Double Dry Hopped Double Bastard.

4. Seeing Stone's Double Bastard listed made me wonder if we see any beers "randallized"?

MLeicht likes this.
  5. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

At the Dogfish Head booth? Probably.

Beeranator likes this.
  6. Todd

We try to keep some balance between limited and accessible, as for many attendees this will be their first exposure to these breweries/brands/extreme beer.

If EBF was all variants the ticket price would probably be double.

7. Todd

Based on our most recent list, we're still waiting on:
    • Boston Beer Co.
    • Crooked Stave
    • Dark Horse Brewing Co.
    • Founders Brewing Co.
    • Shelton Brothers
    • Twelve Percent Imports
    • Westbrook Brewing Co.
    And Jeppe from Evil Twin might be out of the country, so Twelve Percent would represent.

@Jason can confirm.

8. Damn! everyone is going to be having fun at Extreme Beer Fest 14, Except me! Wish I can make it.

9. I am so confused/disappointed why the heck Stone is bringing Crime & Punishment when they have so many other amazing options they could bring instead.

brewsader likes this.
  10. I'm looking forward to trying them. I'd rather try 2 oz of a beer I probably won't like as part of this festival than buy an $18 bottle of it.

Knapp85 and tkdchampxi like this.
  11. JAramini

JAramini Savant (320) New York Jun 5, 2005

Don't do it. You won't be able to taste any of the other beers. I've opened my bottle of Crime and it was awful. If you want my bottle of Punishment, it's yours. I can't foresee a situation when I'd actually want to drink that.

nawset and Nickfellow007 like this.
  12. haha...that bad huh? Maybe I'll save it for the last beer of the night.

13. I think their BA scores say it all…66 and 70. Even Pabst Blue Ribbon has a 69, lol.

14. Every time I check the list more amazing beers get added. I wish I had bought tickets for Friday and Saturday so I could try more! So much beer so little time. Last time I checked 74 were over 10% ABV!!!! Great list guys!

15. List looks awesome so far. Really wish Russian River was going to be there. Alpine needs to be in the mix as well next year. Very excited to see Half Acre.

16. I expect you will be adding DFH to the list soon, as I know Sam brewed at least 3 collaboration offerings just for this event, two with Jason & Todd (one with chilies added and one with a sweet paste like dulce dr leche added) and then another with Funky Bhudda. Wish I could be there!

17. I highly recommend visiting the Brasserie Dunham booth. A rising star in the Quebec beer scene with solid brews.

soulkeeper1369 likes this.
  18. Dave_Treat

Dave_Treat Advocate (585) Virginia Jun 23, 2012

This being my first ebf, I'm not sure what to expect, do I needed to worry about beers running out? Will the lists be the same between sessions? Any advice for the ebf newbies?

Just looking at the list, this will be awesome however it goes.

19. Dicers

Dicers Champion (905) Texas Sep 2, 2012

The sessions SHOULD be all the same the breweries know this, but some stuff will inevitably run out because of popularity

20. Jason

Jason Founder (1,365) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

They bailed unfortunately ... thankfully we've had some other brewers step up and others will be bringing extras not on this list.

21. Skrip

Skrip Savant (380) South Carolina Oct 7, 2012

damn thats sad =[

22. Todd

We get brewers every fest who have to back out for one reason or another, but we always have great breweries waiting for an opening. You won't even notice once you start sampling all of the other epicness.

rjp217 and Skrip like this.
  23. I had their beer at the Vermont Brewers Fest last year and it was awesome!!!

24. This makes me sad. I was SO excited to try some of their brews. They were one of the breweries I was most excited about. :(

25. This list is looking awesome. This is going to be a great show! :)

For last year's ACBF, there was a thread were someone created a Google Docs spreadsheet with these same columns of data plus Score, rAvg, Ratings, Bro Score and then they even added Table Number when it was available. This was a great idea and very helpful. Is it possible to add more of these columns to the EBF list?

Ezbakeoven1 and Keyes88 like this.
  26. Just noticed, no CBC? I assume (hope) they're just finalizing their list. I hope the sour fest the following weekend doesn't mess with their presence at EBF as they're always a crowd favorite.

bramsdell likes this.
  27. Todd

They might be a last minute entry, but it has nothing to do with their sour event at the brewery.

28. Ezbakeoven1

Ezbakeoven1 Aspirant (25) Florida Feb 4, 2014

Such a great idea.. I started making my own Google Doc so I could add notes on my phone day-of, but the list keeps changing so I am waiting until I fly up there to do that.

29. madmanjf

madmanjf Savant (380) New York Sep 18, 2005

Yeah I usually do a screen-scrape, add table #, and then SORT by table #. This way, as I walked around the Cyclorama I wasn't flipping paper each time to find the brewery. Now that we're in a new venue, I'm not sure how useful this will be since it will depend on how the table #s are assigned, but I suspect it's better than just alphabetically sorting by brewery name.

30. Todd

Anyone going through the effort of creating their own list might want to wait. The list isn't done yet, and we might have something up our sleeves.

31. Dicers

Dicers Champion (905) Texas Sep 2, 2012

Dropping interesting hints there Todd!

32. rjp217

rjp217 Advocate (720) Massachusetts Apr 24, 2012

My wife thinks I'm crazy but I keep telling her this is going to be the best day of the year. Can't friggin wait

33. Anyone have a spare ticket? My god I underestimated

34. Todd, you have piqued my interest. I can imagine what you have up your sleeves. I’m hoping it is mobile. ;) But anything to help make a top 10 list of beers to try and to track what you did try would be greatly appreciated.

35. Our wives can share sarcastic eye rolls at the fest

imfromwisconsin, tikk and SebD like this.
  36. Aaron58

Aaron58 Savant (270) Massachusetts Dec 16, 2007

I am so glad I got fix for this. The list is amazing

37. tikk

tikk Savant (475) New York Apr 15, 2007

I told my wife the same thing, but she said that the birth of our daughter due a month later would be better. I'm not too sure about that.

Ezbakeoven1, SebD and pjs234 like this.
  38. Rons35

Rons35 Savant (315) Michigan Aug 26, 2012

Haha, I am in the same boat. Me, my GF, and my buddy are flying out to Boston for this. She thinks we are crazy for being so excited over some "silly beer event".

39. rjp217

rjp217 Advocate (720) Massachusetts Apr 24, 2012

Will there be a booklet handed out like ACBF? Just wondering if I have to bring notes, yep I just said that.

40. Todd

Yes. We distribute a guide (with map) at all of our fests.

Ezbakeoven1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.