1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Extreme Beer Fest 2014: Beer List

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by Todd, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp217

rjp217 Advocate (620) Massachusetts Apr 24, 2012

Thanks
  2. Are you expecting to make many more changes to the brewer/beer list for the fest? (obviously, "unexpected" changes may happen, but that's beyond control) That's a pretty great list you have going there!
  3. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

They won't make the printed guide now, but there could be a few more additions/changes to the list.
    kkulacki likes this.
  4. Ezbakeoven1

Ezbakeoven1 Aspirant (25) Florida Feb 4, 2014

Does anyone have a sample of what the other guides they have passed out look like? I am interested in an area for notes, or a place to rate the different beers. Thanks in advance. :)
  5. Todd

There's checkboxes and some whitespace here and there, but no dedicated area for taking notes.
    Ezbakeoven1 likes this.
  6. Ezbakeoven1

Ezbakeoven1 Aspirant (25) Florida Feb 4, 2014

That should suit my needs, thanks! Can't wait. Flying up from Florida for this.
  7. Todd

For those tracking the changes, we will definitely have some last minute changes/additions. They won't make the guide, but they'll be online.
  8. Keyes88

Keyes88 Savant (290) New Jersey Jul 19, 2011

Is it possible to highlight the new beers posted with a new color or something after each update as its hard to keep track off all these great beers.
  9. Todd

It's not. Sorry.
  10. Jason

Jason Founder (1,300) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Here is NERAX's line up for attendees interested in cask ale:

Harpoon - Gingerbread IPA - 6.6%

Ithaca - Flower Power IPA - oak aged and dry-hopped w/ Galaxy, Topaz, Riwaka, & Nelson Sauvin - 7.2%

Jacks Abby - Glazed Over - Salted Caramel Bourbon Barrel-Aged Smoked Marzen - 5.5%

Nightshift - Sojo - 50/50 blend of Berliner Weisse and Jojo Pink IPA w/hibiscus and dry hopped w/Australian Summer - 5.5%

White Birch - First Sparrow - Grodziskie/Smoked Wheat Ale - 3.8%

Element Brewing - TBD
    Gmr75, masterob8 and blckout20 like this.
  11. good god....
    Auror, rjp217 and willbm3 like this.
  12. Jlabs

Jlabs Savant (260) New York Nov 11, 2013

fantastic beer selection...wish I was going
  13. Jason

Jason Founder (1,300) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Yeah, I'll be doing some QC a the NERAX booth for sure.

Auror and madtrixter787 like this.
  14. Anxious to waste time at work and put a spreadsheet together. Any news on what is up your sleeve?
  15. Todd

We were thinking about releasing a spreadsheet for everyone if we have the time, but I'm not sure if we will.

There's more updates too.
  16. aea1156

aea1156 Zealot (80) Maryland Oct 10, 2013

I've got an Excel Spreadsheet with all 313 Beers through today's (3/15/13) date ...
    • It has columns for Brewer/Beer/Style/ABV/IBU/BA Rating (Most of them)
    • Set in Times Roman Type @ 12
    • I've only left the Hyper-Links for the Beer
    For my personal copy I'm highlighting those that my Wife & I want to sample (a different color for each of us)

I'm willing to share, though requests may be overwhelming
  17. First time attendee (going on Friday). What's the etiquette when getting your beer? Can I request two or three or can I just get one and go back in line for more (talking about the same brewery obviously)
  18. Todd

Get your sample, and then get out of the way to make room for others. Want more? Get back in line.

Of course if there's no line at the booth then you don't have to worry about this.
  19. What I thought, thanks.
  20. Anyone have a link to the lineup for this years EBF Saturday session in Boston? Thanks
  21. madtrixter787

madtrixter787 Savant (275) Virginia Oct 15, 2009

22. Rons35

Rons35 Savant (305) Michigan Aug 26, 2012

"I'm willing to share, though requests may be overwhelming"

any chance I could get a copy of that spreadsheet? I'm too excel challenged to create my own sheet
  23. aea1156

24. Just a thought but, couldn't you just throw it on google docs and make it public? I could be completely and utterly incorrect here, but that's the way other people have done this in the past, and it seems like a heck of a lot less work that emailing it to everyone who asks for it.

Anyway, cheers for doing this and sharing!
    MattVC likes this.
  25. aea1156

26. rjp217

rjp217 Advocate (620) Massachusetts Apr 24, 2012

Is it Friday yet? I'm so pumped for this. I think my wife may now be even more excited than I am! Gonna be a great night
    huddyball, Beeranator and SawDog505 like this.
  27. JAramini

JAramini Savant (320) New York Jun 5, 2005

Thanks for the Google Doc - I went through and added descriptions/notes where supplied. Sometimes I boiled down the marketing to what type of barrel, or what added ingredients, sometimes it was too complicated I copied/pasted a description, and sometimes I left it out if it was mentioned in the beer name. So, not everything has notes, but I wanted to do this for myself since a lot of crazy beers sound so innocent until you read the description.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Apmt3y2yRMMIdHBkME5VaWZqdWY4bXg0YWliQjUtOXc&output=html
    followerofmen and mendvicdog like this.
  28. Anhyzer

Anhyzer Aficionado (130) Wisconsin Nov 14, 2007

I'm curious what the Toppling Goliath "Sue" is, it's listed as a IIPA so I'm assuming it's King Sue not Pseudo Sue. Or perhaps it's something new I can look forward to seeing at my local beer shop! Either way, y'all have fun!
    dar482 likes this.
  29. Hey JAramini and aea1156 I don't know if you've noticed but the original list has changed a bit. I know Dark Horse added another beer and The Bruery changed one. I'd assume there are some other updates I haven't caught yet , but just a heads up.
  30. Any way we could have the red 'x's on the beer list page for beers we have rated? I think that would help me greatly towards the end of the fest.
  31. Todd

Not this time around.
  32. Any chance we can know what 3 beers got added? Pretty sure the total was 314 yesterday... or I might be loosing it, way too excited for this!
  33. fsckewe

fsckewe Aficionado (155) Ohio Nov 6, 2013

Give up the goods......what's in booth #56.
    UcDru likes this.
  34. Todd

Extra booth that's being reserved for a maybe.
    SebD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.