1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Extreme Beer Fest 2014: Tickets

Discussion in 'BeerAdvocate Fests' started by Todd, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Not an issue for our fests. Once a ticket is scanned, it can't be scanned again. Anyone with a duplicate ticket will be turned away as it's been forged. We also undersell our capacity. We've got 40+ fests under our belts too.

2. Is there a place to post extra tickets? A friend of mine and I both can't go. We would like to get rid of our tickets to a couple of worthy BAs who would appreciate the event.

3. Todd

4. It could be an issue for anyone buying tickets in the secondary market. Someone could resell the same ticket over and over, just e-mail the pdf to anyone willing to pay for it. The first person to go through the line gets in fine, but anyone else that bought the same ticket gets denied. A number of people offering tickets for sale in the Beer Tickets forum have no history of posts on BA, and many joined the day they post tickets are for sale. I'm trying to buy another ticket for a friend, but refuse to buy from someone that doesn't have any history on this site.

5. Todd

We know how it works. We've used Eventbrite over a dozen times with no issues, because we strictly adhere to a system. We're not concerned, however, I'd be concerned if I was buying a resold ticket though. And that applies to any fest setup as hard tickets can be easily forged too (and are).

6. Any concern on the amount of tickets sold (2250) and the extremely long lines that may result from having basically the same amount of brewers and beers (correct me if I'm wrong). I went last year and lines were no more than 2-3 minutes... Do you expect much longer lines this year in the new venue?

7. madmanjf

madmanjf Savant (360) New York Sep 18, 2005

I think there's nearly 2x the number of Breweries as compared to EBF of years past at Cyclorama

BCarder likes this.
  8. Todd

We don't have any concerns (see below), however, some lines will occur at all fests. (Pro-tip: Don't go to booths with lines.)
    It's over twice as many breweries and beer, and a hell of lot more space.

BCarder likes this.
  9. Whoa, I didn't realize it was much more. Thanks for the clarification.

10. willbm3

willbm3 Savant (380) Massachusetts Feb 19, 2010

I'm excited for the new format. I always felt like the Cyclorama got a little too packed for my tastes. Space is good

11. Really? I never felt like it was that bad once you got passed the initial rush as lines spread out. I also liked the circle format as it was less of a gauntlet walking across the room than you sometimes get with booths in straight rows across from each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.